Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ainol Novo 7 Flame

Options
  • 29-07-2012 12:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭

Been thinking about getting Ainol Nova 7 Aurora II but it looks like they will be launching the flame shortly might hang on for that. At $179 it look decent but getting very close to the Nexus 7 in price but it does have a hdmi out which could be handy.

Link
    Ainol Novo 7 Flame Specification:

Model: Ainol Novo 7 Flame
    CPU: Dual Core AMLogic AML8726-MX 1.5GHz
    GPU: Dual Core Mali400
    RAM: 1GB DDR3
    Storage: 16GB
    Camera: Dual Camera Front 2.0 Megapixels,Back 5.0 Megapixels
    Shell Material: Metal
    Screen: 7 inch IPS screen, 1280*800 pixel
    Screen Type: Capacitive Screen
    Display Resolution: 1280*800 pixel
    Visible: Angle 180°
    Extend Card: Support TF card up to 32GB
    Gravity Sensor: 3 axis
    Multi-Touch: Yes, 5-points touch
    Flash: Support Flash 10.2 (Flash Adbobe designed for Amlogic) Support HTML 5
    Android Play (Market): Yes
    Youtube: Yes
    Video: 1080P, AVI/MOV/MP4/RMVB/FLV/MKV support HDMI 1.4
    Music: MP3/WMA/WAV/APE/AAC/FLAC/OGG
    Ebook: TXT, PDF, HTML, RTF, FB2

Email and Browser: Yes, built in
    WiFi: 802.11 b/g/n
    3G: Not built in
    Earphone Interface: 3.5mm
    Battery: 3700MAh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭RaZzZz

I've been lookin into the Flame meself, looks like a decent device, I think I'll go ahead and pre-order one ^^ can't go wrong with that price, good customer support and an active Forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

RaZzZz wrote: »
    I've been lookin into the Flame meself, looks like a decent device, I think I'll go ahead and pre-order one ^^ can't go wrong with that price, good customer support and an active Forum.

Good customer support from whom, Ainol? You're having a laugh..

There's active support from various sites through 'need', because the default Roms Ainol ship aren't up to much. Ainol could do with beefing up their QC and facing up to the various screen digitizer issues that have bugged more than one of their tablet models. I have an Aurora and I only felt the tablet matured as a product once I installed the latest version of feiyu (628).

Nice tablet, hopefully it'll get 'community' support from certain Rom makers.

I've heard of no customer service complaints as of yet, am I wrong here?

Do you have any problems with your Aurora?? I am very interested in getting the Flame so any feedback would be lovely ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Tango One

A friend got a elf II and no matter what I tried wifi was crap with my router. It was like it was connected but just didn't work. Strangely worked perfect with another router I had. Thats kinda putting me off the flame a bit but it is priced quite cheap.

Is feiyu better than the likes of the darkelf rom?

Hmm.. that Wi-Fi problem would indeed be a big turn off, although I had a very cheap and crap Chinese pad last year and the Wi-Fi worked perfectly well, hopefully the Flame will be the same ^^

I've been hearing about these "Roms" and tbh I have no idea what these are? what exactly do they do? ;S

• Advertisement

AFAIK all the new Ainol are basically the same inside so probably will have the wifi problem with the flame too. Its an odd one for me it won't work with my cisco 3925 but works grand with a netgear N2000. I order another elf II for a family member so will see if its the same with that too. A custom ROM is an altered version of the android operating system modified or create by enthusiasts. Take the Darkelf ROM for the elf II its geared more toward the English speaking user were the stock ROM is for the Chinese market. I still think the ainol tablets are one of the better to come out of China, although the name could do with a change :D.

Thank God I have a Netgear Router in this case :L hopefully your family member won't have such issues or it could get frustrating no doubt :(

Ahhh grand, I'm sure those Roms are far better than the stock ROM.

A firmware update sort out the problem with wifi on the elf II.

It looks like they will start shipping the flame soon. It comes with a larger than expected battery too. Anyone know if they have an official store?

http://www.ainol-novo.com/ainol-novo-7-flame-dual-core-1-5ghz-7-inch-1280-800-ips-screen-android-tablet.html
    We receive our Ainol factory message:Ainol Novo 7 Flame will add Bluetooth chip and 5000mAh battery.we will release Ainol Novo 7 Flame during Aug 6-8 2012.Thank you for your attention.

Great to see a better battery, although a 5000mAH is nothing special, but better than 3700 ^^

AFAIK Ainol only sell via internet and no stores. That website seems to be the most offical thing they have unfortunately.

Ok I think I found the Official store

http://www.ainolstore.com/

• Advertisement
Advertisement