Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Limerick running club

• 17-02-2014 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello,

I am looking to start back jogging / running (after 2 years) however I'm lacking some motivation. Are there any other runners in Limerick city who are in the same position, maybe would like to join?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

What standard are you at?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Limerick girl

Well as I said I haven't been doing much over the past 2 years! I wouldn't be beginner but I'm certainly not advanced...somewhere in the middle

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

There are a few athletic clubs in Limerick: Limerick AC (my club); West Limerick and Dooneen AC. They be involved in track, road and cross country competitions through out the year.

However there is also a number of running groups to cater for runners who want to get fit for some local 5Ks and 10Ks but are not too serious.

One such group
    https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Tri-Hards-Limerick/119016284862123

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭JohnDozer

I don't know if I'm any good to you, working in limerick but not living there. I run 3-6 miles on city routes at lunchtime-ish three days a week. No speed merchant by any means but might be good to get you back in the habit... I won't be joining a club as I'm not around in the evenings! No worries if that doesn't work for you...

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Aneron

Hello! I'm interested too...maybe :) I don't really want to join a professional club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Clubs aren't professional :)
    Most clubs will have a range of standards from beginners to fast runners, and training to suit everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭fi314

Would recommend Limerick fit4life. They meet every Monday (circuits) and Wednesday. Really lovely bunch of Ladies with varying fitness. Its also free- you only have to pay insurance cost which is 20Euro

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

RayCun wrote: »
    Clubs aren't professional :)
    Most clubs will have a range of standards from beginners to fast runners, and training to suit everyone

Probably means elite, rather than professional?

I think Limerick AC have a tendency to cater more for that end of the market. Country Club Runners would be a good option if city-based on northside and they defo have range of abilities in their ranks. 3 workout days a week is good OP. You'll hit full form in no time at that rate.

Advertisement