Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Placebo wrote: »

Play.com are such rip-off artists.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Sagat shouldn't be able to do that forward kick thing on people when they're in a juggle state. Tiger upper FADC ultra... fair enough, tiger upper, fadc , f.hk ultra, wtf?

He's sagat, why's he need to be able to hit people in a juggle state with a f.hk when everyone else has to use an ex move :p

Not that its something that annoys me, it just seems like pointless over kill to let him have it. Hell I very rarely play against sagats.. its odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    Sagat shouldn't be able to do that forward kick thing on people when they're in a juggle state. Tiger upper FADC ultra... fair enough, tiger upper, fadc , f.hk ultra, wtf?

Doing a f.hk after an fadc ends up scaling the ultra so that its not much more powerful than a straightup fadc ultra. However, it is a bit too easy to be able to f.hk ultra out of nothing

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Has anyone noticed... the characters themes are playing in some of these videos?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭DarkTalant

Make TAP useful, as it is any decent player will simply SRK you on reaction if you try to avoid a fireball, either give it less startup, more invincibility or give us a fake version, say for example when you use PPP you get the invincibility frames and half the startup then it stops and I can block SRK, tech throw, go for a jab string etc. also same recovery on all levels of TAP
    Post Overhead combos universal, it's retarded that against sagat we only cr.RH (90 damage without scaling+knockdown) or cr. MP xx Dash straight, whereas if he blocks he gets TU FADC fw+HK Ultra.....
    Some sort of cross-up, sort of goes without saying....
    FADC-able headbut...
    make HB fully invincible.
    I'd like cr.mk to be a few frames faster so it would be better for starting block strings with, this or a chain cancellable low short.
    Better focus attack, boxer has one of the worst in the game, maybe even the worst.
    Slightly faster OH and low dash straight.
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Personally I'd take a small nerf to boxers normals for some of the above...
    oh and far standing jab has 8 times as much range, hitstun and blockstun...

As regards other characters,
    Zangief: fix lariat.......
    slightly worse normals.
    Sagat: remove ability to juggle ultra after fw. RH
    make tiger knee less safe
    more recovery for tiger shots
    Viper: fix her ultra hitboxes+it shouldn't complete if the first hit whiffs/is blocked
    Guile: give flash kick a bigger hitbox
    fix ultra, juggle after FADCed flash kick maybe?
    Akuma: give him a comboable fireball ultra but weaken his mixup game in return.

Thats all i can think of at the moment....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Honda
    - Ochios have quicker startup.
    - EX HHS always goes forwards.
    - Make his FP Chop a better AA.

Giving EX Headbutt invincibilty would make one of the best moves in the game completely broken.

Agree with chopper there agree, ex headbutt through projectiles would make Honda OP. Just give his lp headbutt the ability to absorb projectiles as in HDR.

A few setups for his new ultra, make his current quicker on startup and give it more invincibility frames on startup to go through fireballs similar to Chunners ultra (Full screen invincibility)

Up the damage & range for EX Ochio, as currently the ex version is of no benefit.

And better taunts as well please.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

A-Trak wrote: »
    A few setups for his new ultra, make his current quicker on startup and give it more invincibility frames on startup to go through fireballs similar to Chunners ultra (Full screen invincibility)

Doesn't his ultra already do this? Or is it only from a certain range?

HMUYA wrote: »

Range is teeny on it though. More like Guile or Ryu's in range.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Red350

You're kinda missing the point- Guile's super isn't that bad either.

But using the super deprives you of 4 uses of the ex SBK or ex Boom- these are bread and butter important moves for the two characters.

If a Chun uses a super on me, I'm smiling, because I know she's made herself weak to a boom/ jumpin/ overhead attack.

I getcha, meterless chun is not a very fun place to be alright.

They both pass through fireballs on startup, the difference is that chun travels 3/4 of the screen almost instantly, but honda takes his sweet time about it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Honda Super is apparantly much better at punishing fireballs than his ultra.

I hear the top Jap Honda player use it alot, once he has super he shuts down almost everyones fireball game.

sure A-Trak did it to me once.

Bastard

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,786 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Sagat being slow isn't a disadvantage. If you keep away from him he can wear you down with the best fireball game in the game. Get close and it's getting pummelled by a slow moving wall of pain that has one of the easiest ultra set ups and excellent normals.

Guiles Flash kick really needs higher priority. It's ridiculous having an anti air special that trades with normals most of the time.

sure A-Trak did it to me once.

Bastard

He must have been right on top of you and psychically predicted a Sonic Boom, because Guiles recovery on SBs should let him block a Honda Ultra and maybe a Super too.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Sagat being slow isn't a disadvantage. If you keep away from him he can wear you down with the best fireball game in the game. Get close and it's getting pummelled by a slow moving wall of pain that has one of the easiest ultra set ups and excellent normals.

Guiles Flash kick really needs higher priority. It's ridiculous having an anti air special that trades with normals most of the time.

Rose players would be delighted if Soul Throw did this!

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Man. If Guile had a better Flash kick... well, Terry would probably be playing him. :D
    He must have been right on top of you and psychically predicted a Sonic Boom, because Guiles recovery on SBs should let him block a Honda Ultra and maybe a Super too.

Yarp indeed he was. You have but 29 frames to hit Guile after a boom.

RopeDrink wrote: »
    I'm aware of that :rolleyes:

I was poking fun at the idea of how others 'may' determine balance in the game such as "Honda is fine because he does big damage" or "Sagat is fine because he's slow."

Sagat's slow doesn't count when every move involving the word tiger's so fast and Capcom bloody know it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Sagat's slowness is one of the few things that gives Gief a chance, it certainly affects his balance in that matchup at least.

Doom, clearly the answer is clear: start FADCing half your sonic booms to bait Honda ultra! :pac:

New info here.
    Unfortunately, he’s received a bit of a nerf according to Seth. In the current build, his EX Dread Kick crumples and can be chained with more EX Dread Kicks in a 1-frame link. It was also possible to chain these into his ultra combo. No longer!

Well it's a nerf to the previous character build? :confused:

• Advertisement

RopeDrink wrote: »
    It's not a nerf if nothing has been made official to begin with :P

And no, I can't see myself defecting from Boxer to DeeJay... I'll hazard a guess that Doom might not defect from Guile to DeeJay, either?

Never liked him in the SF2 series at all.

I'll be giving him a try. The speed of the max out is putting me off though. I love the annoyingly variable boom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Dreddybajs wrote: »

So he can still do his ultra after 1 ex dread kick?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

The way I read it, he can't.

Rope I can see your point about not being too fussed about anything until it is officially released but considering we have seen videos where Dee Jay has hit ultra off the EX Dread Kick then I would call it a nerf.

The way I read it, he can't.

Im not sure, the way I read it is he cant link another ex dread kick off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

It could be that in changing the EX Dread Kick's properties to prevent EXDK->EXDK->Ultra, they've also removed the possibility of EXDK->Ultra; just because of how the engine works.
    *shrug*
    I'll play him anyway.

If it's a one frame link they could've just added a frame of startup or recovery to EX Dread Kick to remove the link...

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    If it's a one frame link they could've just added a frame of startup or recovery to EX Dread Kick to remove the link...

Hopefully and I hope its not a 1 frame link for the ultra.

New stage revealed in this video.

Nothing major, but hey, more new stuff is always nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Interesting. So, which platform will have the most elephants on that stage? :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,786 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yes! New stages. Love the look of the one they showed there and hopefully fingers crossed it will be a dhalsim specific stage with each character having their own stage.

Advertisement