Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TheSacconeJolys

• 01-05-2012 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭

Listening to the John Murray show on RTE Radio One this morning and he featured a young couple from Cork who make their living (yes, their living) from putting edited daily highlights of their lives on YouTube.

I'm not a hater, but...

Listen to today's show on the RTE website if you can. I'm still trying to figure out which part of West LA their Cork accents are from.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

I got to 42 seconds anyone want to fill me in on the rest? I agree there's no reason to hate them but why do people watch it?Reality TV is one thing where things are set up cause drama but this just looks shit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

Listening to the John Murray show on RTE Radio One this morning and he featured a young couple from Cork who are on the dole and put edited daily highlights of their lives on YouTube.

Fixed your post

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

A pal of mine used to go out with her when we were in second year of college and to be fair to her, she was pretty damn sound. She had a non-Cork accent back then too and if I recall correctly neither of her parents were from Ireland, one being Italian and the other being American perhaps.

Now time to watch the video...

Holy **** she is preggers! On account of the guy being clearly gay I can only hypothesise that she is up the duff as it will make the webseries more interesting.
    Jesus, who watches this ****? Fine, film your lives but who are the sad prats who watch it? (Except once off viewers like those on this thread)

Think my pal has dodged a bullet on this one... although she is hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭gazzer

My gaydar is pretty crap at the best of times but that guy is screaming. Are they really a couple:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,057 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I definitely am

Watched a minute of it and would sooner have my eyes scooped out with a mellon baller than watch any more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

I got to 4:39 before I wanted to be dead - does anyone dare to beat my time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

If you've ever wondered what it's like to live with really really annoying people then this is the webvideo for you!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

This could be the nyan cat of 2012:

http://nyan.cat/

This could be the nyan cat of 2012:

http://nyan.cat/

This is the nyancat of 2012:

http://nyanwaits.com/

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

• Advertisement

Nice.

I got through far more of that than of the vid in the OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

What the fcuk am I watching..

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Abi wrote: »

A load of me hoop if it's the same thing I just watched, 2 mins was all I could take.

Fair play to them if they make a living from it but Lamb of Jaysus I'd rather wear barbed wire undies while suffering with me 'Johnny Giles' than watch that again.

Oh and you culd play handball off his forehead too :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

kfallon wrote: »

A load of me hoop if it's the same thing I just watched, 2 mins was all I could take.

Fair play to them if they make a living from it but Lamb of Jaysus I'd rather wear barbed wire undies while suffering with me 'Johnny Giles' than watch that again.

Oh and you culd play handball off his forehead too :p
    If that happens I'm packing up and leaving this planet.

Im with URL and the melon baller plan..

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

If that happens I'm packing up and leaving this planet.

Im with URL and the melon baller plan..

It wouldn't surprise me, look at the rubbish on tv these days, all reality based (but a lot of it staged :rolleyes:) and people seem to lap it up. TV for the braindead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

They've got 735 videos up. Let's just say they average around 10,000 views per video that's over 7 million views. But there's no content - it's all nonsense.

How much of a living can they really be making from this? I'd like to see the accounts. What do Google offer per view? If they offer half a cent per view they've made around 36,000 euro on it so far.

How much longer can they maintain an audience? Is there any hope for humanity?

Perhaps this is the end of days the Mayans predicted.

Advertisement