Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Corrupted master file table (date recovery)

• 14-11-2014 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a drive and windows is telling me that the master file table is corrupted.

There is data on the drive that I'd like to get.
    Any suggestions on software to use to recover the data from the drive?

Thanks,

MiCk B. :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Connect it to a different pc with a sata cradle and run recuva or photorec. If they fail spinrite is your man.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Mickb

Thanks,

Running Recuva, taking a while but hopefully with come good.

MiCk B. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Gordon Minard

Hi MickB:

Be careful with software you use . . . Here's a wounded soldier from that experience . . .

I had a problem with a drive and, believe it or not, even running the native Windows utilities knackered it on me! When I did send it for Data Recovery; it turned out that it was a simple enough job to recover but that a lot of the files had been irreversibly chopped into parts by Windows! ! !

I have never tried anything outside Windows and I have no idea what that error means but, if the data is valuable, then be careful.

There is a crowd in Tallaght, on the Main Road, and I found them very good. I have recommended them here before because, in fairness to them, they treated me fairly - at one point they even handed me back a drive that was not a data recovery job but was not accessible due to me doing something stupid. Turned out that my nephew was able to read the drive without difficulty afterwards. They didn't charge me anything but could have charged me whatever they liked - I wouldn't have know the difference.

I am not sure of their details but I will see can I dig them out . . .

Regards

Gordon

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Gordon Minard

found them www.datarescue.ie . . .

They are next to L'Idl /Aldi on the Main Road - down towards the M50 from where the Bank Of Ireland used to be . . .

Reading back on your posts ( which I should have done before replying at all ) :-) - looks like you're sorted?

Hope this helps

Regards

Gordon

Advertisement