Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Toy fairs

• 11-10-2010 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭

have you been to any recently? was it any good? Really trying to find out where they all are?
    went to one myself the other day in liffy valley. prob about 20 stalls mainly model trains and cars but a few action toys. I would go again but more into the action toys myself. does anyone know of a good fair?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭arnhem44

I've decided to sticky this thread as it may benefit all who visit this forum.If anyone has any info regarding an upcoming event then feel free to post the details here but please keep on topic and no advertising.Moderator

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭tro81

thanks arnhem44, so can you just clarify for me as im still fairly new. we can talk about up coming events, locations and dates but Not post flyers etc. can we post links to websites that are advertising the event?

Hi tro81,yes it's fine to post links and information regarding events,dates,locations,flyer's and so on however personal and commercial advertising that is seen as such which is regarded as spam would have to be deleted.

thats good to know as i picked up a couple of leaflet for toy fairs when i went to the one at liffy. i feel safe now passing on the info
    thanks again

i went to this one and as i said it was alright. if your big into cars and trains then this would be up your street. but still worth a look for action figures as some stall did do them.
    the next one is on sunday 9th december 2010 at the clarion hotel. starts at 10:30 till 3:30

• Advertisement

picked up a flyer for this one. Never been so dont know what its like. Plus im away for the next one so wont get to it either.
    anyway its TOYS OF YESTERDAY at bray wheeler's clubhouse, Schools rd

on Oct 31

has anyone been before? if you go let us know how you get on cos there is another one on 21st Nov which i hope to get to

tro81 wrote: »
    i went to this one and as i said it was alright. if your big into cars and trains then this would be up your street. but still worth a look for action figures as some stall did do them.
    the next one is on sunday 9th december 2010 at the clarion hotel. starts at 10:30 till 3:30
    ok the organiser passed on a flyer for us all to see.

Flyer.jpg

been doing some googling and there is a toy and train fair here. Once again i would like to know if this event is any good as it seems they have a few every year. does any one know how much it is for the public to enter as most fair have an admission fee.

10am-4pm, Sunday 14th November - Clontarf Castle Hotel

i contacted the organiser of the toys of yesterday which use to be in sandyford. Now in bray and there is only a voluntary donation for admission that goes to a local charity. This will not be a massive event as it is held in a local hall. but sounds like it has many season dealers and collectors that regularly attend.
    Should be well worth a look.
    Upcoming dates are: sun 31st Oct
    21st Nov
    12th Dec

starts at 10:30 to 3:30

he gave me direction so these may help if you can go.
    How to get there – if you don’t know already!
    M50 to M11 to N11 (as appropriate)
    Those ‘in the know’ say don’t go through Bray (town)
    especially during the summer season!
    so ignore early turn-off signs for ‘Bray’
    until
    Landmark: - You will pass under a green metal pedestrian bridge
    (….then under a concrete bridge….)
    • Take Left Turn shortly after this (big sign for Greystones/Bray South etc.).
    • Take 2nd exit off roundabout (to the right of Hills Garage)
    • Continue straight (through residential area), passing cemetery on left and “Just Beds” (grey warehouse) on right.
    • Take next Right Turn after set of Traffic Lights (St Fergals Church on this corner also signs for “Southern Business Park”, St Killians, “Obair” etc.)

· Take First Right Turn (after Ballywaltrim Community Centre) onto Schools Rd.

· Continue down to end (passing Bray Fire Station on left).
    • Bray Wheelers Club House will face you directly at the end of this road
    If you go please reply so we can all know what its really like and if its worth a visit. shame i cant make it myself this time round. Hopefully ill get there is Nov

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stone roses

hi tron81 clontarf 5euro in
    i have attended loads, they are good shows, vintage star wars, action man, transformers, etc, etc, i got a few nice items over the years , never pay asking price and be early the dealers tend to buy of each other befour the show starts not leaving much of the good stuff for the poor owl buyer!!! but nice people at it, always willing to do a deal for the right money

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

toyfair003.jpg

http://www.dun-laoghaire.com/dir/toyfair/

I've copied this post from the Collectibles & Antiques Forum that was posted earlier today,Mod

thanks, did anyone go to the one at bray at the weekend? any good?

discided on doing a stall myself and clear out aload of my spare stuff. mainly action toys and star wars. ill take a look at the one in clontaff to get some idea's and might even get a bargain.

des sent me this to remind everyone for this weekend

The Show where those ‘in the know’ go!
    TOY /MODEL COLLECTORS FAIR
    (TOYS OF YESTERDAY)
    Bray Wheelers Clubhouse,Schools Road,off Boghall rd. (near Fire Station)
    Sun. NOV 21ST
    10.30 to 3.30
    *next: DEC 12*
    Bus: 145 from Mountjoy Sq. 45. Merrion Sq.
    45a from Dunlaoire Dart Station www.dublinbus.ie
    **If you have any difficulty with directions ring Sean at 4576751
    Or-(on show day only) 087-6303878
    if you go let us know how you got on

toy-fair-0031.jpg?w=507&h=724

Toys of Yesterday Fair,
    Bray Wheelers Club House, Schools Road, off Boghall Road, Bray, Co.Wicklow

(near new Fire Station) and plenty of parking!

Bayko_poster_(1950s).jpg

Monthly Toy Fair run by the Collector’s Association
    More than 10 dealers selling Model Soldiers, Railways, Dolls Houses, Model Kits, Paint and Model repairs.

Next Fair: Sunday 23rd January, 2011
    Open: 11am-3pm
    Admission: €1 (proceeds go to a different charity each month)
    Further information contact – Des Cooney on (01) 285 1308 or Sean Ryan on (01) 457 6751

Directions: http://www.braywheelers.com/clubhouse.htm
    * Easily reached by bus or taxi from Bray Railway Station

poster-003.jpg?w=461&h=617

Further information here: http://www.dun-laoghaire.com/dir/toyfair/

ok does anyone know of any more fairs or swap meets going on anywhere else?

tro81 wrote: »
    ok does anyone know of any more fairs or swap meets going on anywhere else?

Toys of Yesterday Fair,

More than 10 dealers selling Model Soldiers, Railways, Dolls Houses, Model Kits, Paint and Model repairs.

Next Fair: Sunday 27th March, 2011

Open: 10.00am-3.00pm
    Admission: €1 (proceeds go to a different charity each month) – this month the Samaritans
    Further information contact:
    Des Cooney on (01) 285 1308 or Sean Ryan on (01) 457 6751

ok does anyone know of any other around the country apart from dublin? even the north?

There's these on in Northern Ireland but this is the only info I have and don't know anything about them

Toyfair in Six Mile Leisure Centre Ballyclare - Wednesday 30th March 2011, 5pm - 9pm.

And this one in Banbridge

Model Toyfair - Bannville House Hotel - Banbridge - Thursday 7th April 2011 - 5pm - 9pm

And also this one in Portrush

http://www.nationalminitrac.com/next_show.php

• Advertisement

armagh_hobby_show_2.jpg

And just found this one also

ok the monthly toy fair in bray is on the 17th of April. check previous post for details.
    this month the admission fee of a euro goes to the Alzheimer Society.

next toy fair is in liffey valley on the 8th of may. not just cars and train but action toys as well. see attachment for details

model-002.jpg?w=570&h=754

ok the organiser has passed on this info for us all to see. sounds good and cant wait to have a look.:)

The event is on Saturday May 21st from 10am-6pm in Wynn's Hotel, Dublin. Free Admission.:cool:
    Ireland's top dealers of Comics, Graphic Novels, Toys, Artwork, T-Shirts etc. will be there. Prize giveaways every hour on the hour. Have your photo taken with the caped crusader, Batman. The writer and artist of Ireland's top selling Independant comic, The League of Volunteers, Robert Curley and Barry Keegan will be signing and sketching for fans along with other creators from the Irish small press scene.

comicmartA3.jpg?psid=1

well this sat we have the dublin comic and toy mart in the city centre then on the sunday the fair at clontaf castle.

then next weekend on the 29th may is TOYS OF YESTERDAY in bray

Toys of Yesterday Fair,

Next Fair: Sunday 29th May, 2011

Open: 10.00am-3.00pm
    Admission: €1 (proceeds to Hospice Care)

Further information contact:
    Des Cooney on (01) 285 1308 or Sean Ryan on (01) 457 6751
    Email: coo@indigo.ie

starting a page on facebook under "toy fairs"
    going to try and find as many toy fair, mart etc as i can and spread the word

• Advertisement

well the dublin comic and toy mart was a great success.
    will def be going again.
    didnt make it to clontaf, does anyone know how it went?

Advertisement