Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

• 04-10-2010 1:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Hi folks

Tim from Rewind Bits & Rewind Gaming has kindly offered me a 10% discount code to offer to fellow Boards.ie users.

I've recently used Rewind Bits to buy two Sega Game Gear capacitor kits, and found the products had a great attention to detail. All the capacitors were laid out & labelled, and even came with a colour installation manual & excerpts from their forum that had user input. I was quite impressed to say the least, so hopefully we can avail of this discount, I know I will!

The code will have unlimited use per customer, and the usual exceptions apply (It won't apply to postage, & can't be used with any other promotion or sales price). There seems to be a nice little supply of hard to get bits, & repair kits. Rewind Gaming also has games/consoles aimed at Retro collectors, & the prices seem quite competetive.

Anyhow, please PM me for the code, as we've chosen to keep it out of the public domain to be fair to Tim. And please do not post the code elsewhere or share it with those who arn't registered here...or you'll have me to answer to :D

Thanks to Ciderman for giving the thread the green light. Feel free to contact Tim at any of the above sites too.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

There seemed to be a need for somewhere for folk to shout out about their Retro game shops, ebay deals and bargains seen around the place.
    So here we go.
    If you own a shop, either online or on street, if you have an ebay store post here.
    Please post once your store announcement and occasionally if you have a sale on, but please don't abuse the system as you will get a ban!

For the rest of us, this is the perect place to link to deals on ebay you think A&R readers will want to see, link to adverts sales people would want also.
    Once again, if there is abuse, if there are links to non-A&R stuff you will get warnings and bans!

This is an experiment, we'll see if it works and, if not, it will be removed.
    So, remember, this is not a licence to SPAM!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Alter Egotist

Dont know if this should be in here but does anyone know if the lad in FADE ST. (is rare the name of the shop?) has a phone number. I might be up in Dublin with work soon and wouldnt mind ringing the shop to see is he open or if he does trade ins or takes requests for games etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Alter Egotist

A link to an eBay stoe but a good one in my opinion. Ive bought a couple of game lots (11 games and 10 games) from him for relatively cheap. 25 dollars and 32 dollars respectively with shipping.

Worth a look.

Al.

p.s. is this not only going to lead to us sniping on each others bids?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Post links as you have them, if it's not appropriate I'll edit the post with a reason, ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,283 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

p.s. is this not only going to lead to us sniping on each others bids?

If you really want to win something then don't post a link to it on a forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,771 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Yeah exactly, unless we set up some sort of cartel and draw staws for sniping bids, but all it would take is one rouge user (most likely me I'd say) to ruin the whole system

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Yeah exactly, unless we set up some sort of cartel and draw staws for sniping bids, but all it would take is one rouge user (most likely me I'd say) to ruin the whole system

Yeah but most sellers would see you coming a mile away. Oh god no it's burton, remove the auction, get it down, get it all down!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 The.rage

Dont know if this should be in here but does anyone know if the lad in FADE ST. (is rare the name of the shop?) has a phone number. I might be up in Dublin with work soon and wouldnt mind ringing the shop to see is he open or if he does trade ins or takes requests for games etc.

What's up man? This is Nicholas from The R.A.G.E on Fade St. in Dublin. We're open from 11-7 Tuesday through Sunday. Our phone number is 01-677-9495. I will inform this thread when we have a sale or special offer. I give an update whenever we get deliveries of consoles & games via our Facebook page www.Facebook.com/theragedublin. In general the feedback by everyone to our video game section has been far more positive an inspiring than expected. If this continues I aim to expand the entire basement floor to stock retro games and consoles. Thanks for you're support.

Nicholas

The.rage wrote: »
    What's up man? This is Nicholas from The R.A.G.E on Fade St. in Dublin. We're open from 11-7 Tuesday through Sunday. Our phone number is 01-677-9495. I will inform this thread when we have a sale or special offer. I give an update whenever we get deliveries of consoles & games via our Facebook page www.Facebook.com/theragedublin. In general the feedback by everyone to our video game section has been far more positive an inspiring than expected. If this continues I aim to expand the entire basement floor to stock retro games and consoles. Thanks for you're support.

Nicholas

Would it be possible to copy & paste your Facebook stock updates here too?

I could post every update no problem, and if you would like it in this thread I will gladly do it. If boards.ie are cool with that then so am I. I don't want to get warned or in trouble for advertising or anything but I guess there's only one way to find out. We're getting a delivery in today, I'll post the contents here.

• Advertisement

I could post every update no problem, and if you would like it in this thread I will gladly do it. If boards.ie are cool with that then so am I. I don't want to get warned or in trouble for advertising or anything but I guess there's only one way to find out. We're getting a delivery in today, I'll post the contents here.

Good point, I suppose it would come across as very 'active'. Cider/LoGiE & the CMods would have to give that the green light. But incase any of you are watching, I detest facebook & all the mallarky :( Cheers anyway, I've heard great things about your shop...so far I've resisted going in because I just know if I do, you'll be able to close early for xmas :p:D

I would rather peeps use Facebook for such regular updates rather than have this thread updated often with stock lists etc.
    Once you have bookmarked a facebook page it is easy enough to check, and the vendor can update that as often as he/she likes.
    Notice of a big sale is welcome though.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I would rather peeps use Facebook for such regular updates rather than have this thread updated often with stock lists etc.
    Once you have bookmarked a facebook page it is easy enough to check, and the vendor can update that as often as he/she likes.

Do you have to sign up to Facebook to see a users page?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

EnterNow wrote: »
    Do you have to sign up to Facebook to see a users page?

Depends on the user, they can block access to the public or whoever they want. I also detest Facebook but was badgered into signing up, never use it though. But would make an exception in this case to check out the shop updates.

And a shipment is coming in today? Nooooooooooooo..........no way of getting in to have a look. o1s1n should take orders and pop over for us! :pac:

Master of the Universe

Andrew76 wrote: »
    o1s1n should take orders and pop over for us! :pac:

I'm currently off from work with a really bad headcold or something.

However if I see anything like Panzer Dragoon Saga or Radiant Silvergun listed I'll be over there like a shot!

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Warren3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭batari

/Chances arm

Ah CiDeR, what's one little thread in the grand scheme of things??:P

Personally I'm not a Facebook user either, so it'd be nice to pop in here and see an aul update every now and then of what new stock came in. :pac:

/Unchances arm

Well, the position of Boards is that it is not an adverts service, it could easily become a target of spam, and they could claim legitimacy if there are page after page of another shops postings.
    I tell you, weekly updates are fine, any questions about stock items should be, perhaps, PM'd to the shop owner, otherwise we will have pandemonium.
    And there's nothing I hate more than moaning pandas!

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Depends on the user, they can block access to the public or whoever they want. I also detest Facebook but was badgered into signing up, never use it though. But would make an exception in this case to check out the shop updates.

And a shipment is coming in today? Nooooooooooooo..........no way of getting in to have a look. o1s1n should take orders and pop over for us! :pac:

Ah I see, well if the page is public Nicholas that would be sweet. If not, I shall have to remain in the dark as I despise Fb & the whole social networking thing. No offense to anyone, just not my deal :)

Also, is it possible for you to actively source certain items? If I wanted a particular game etc that you havn't listed, is there a possibility of you hunting it down? If even not through boards, as in I/someone makes a request in person/phone etc?

Well, the position of Boards is that it is not an adverts service, it could easily become a target of spam, and they could claim legitimacy if there are page after page of another shops postings.
    I tell you, weekly updates are fine, any questions about stock items should be, perhaps, PM'd to the shop owner, otherwise we will have pandemonium.
    And there's nothing I hate more than moaning pandas!

Makes sense, pm'ing could be the answer :cool: Moaning Panda's? Hate those things too :pac:

• Advertisement

No problem at all, i'll happily comply. Bookmark

Www.Facebook.com/theragedublin

For those of you who hate FB/social networking, PM me your email address and I will happily email you everytime we get games in. I think our page is public, but I'm willing to accommodate anyone. Take care.

For those of you who hate FB/social networking, PM me your email address and I will happily email you everytime we get games in. I think our page is public, but I'm willing to accommodate anyone. Take care.

I can follow the link, but when I click to see the profile it's asking for login credentials etc. Personal email is spot on, will pm it shortly. Thanks again, appreciate that :)

Oh yes, and the sneaky feckers will keep the goodies quiet, the first we will hear is a triumphant posting on the got something new thread!
    We'll be watching, oh yes....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,698 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I see o1s1n has joined facebook. His only friend, R.A.G.E.

He's a wiley one.

Master of the Universe

LOL! :pac:

I've had a Facebook page ages for contacting family members. Never log in though. Amazed I managed to remember my password tbh.

The.rage...just a thought here. Have you considered becoming an Authorised Adverts Merchant, and advertising on adverts, possibly utilising a small parcel service/an post for multiple cart sales? It would be a lot of work creating an inventory, but once it's done you'd only need to maintain & update it. Also it would expand your business nationwide. The demand certainly seems high at the moment, so it could be a case of a lot for little. Just a thought :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,698 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Saw Superman in the RAGE today for the N64. Was tempted to pick ut up to see if it's really as bad as people say but 8 euros is even too much for it at the moment :)

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Saw Superman in the RAGE today for the N64. Was tempted to pick ut up to see if it's really as bad as people say but 8 euros is even too much for it at the moment :)

AVGN will tell you everything you need to know about that....game. It looks shockingly bad. With all due respect to the.rage, are you sure he wasn't paying someone €8 to get it out of his shop :D

• Advertisement

People keep telling me to buy it though because apparently it's hilarious if you are drunk. I kind of regret not getting it now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement