Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tips for curling hair with curling iron?

• 14-10-2010 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭

Please can you share any tips for curling hair with a curling tongs?

I use a small barrel Babyliss one at the moment, and section and spray my hair with hairspray, then curl it up. It kind of lasts a few hours before the curls start getting loose. But some of the curls are still all up and curly while some are loose, my weird hair!

Tomorrow I'm going shopping for a large barrel curling tongs as I really want to try larger curls.

But what kind of fixing/curling product should I get to spray on my hair before curling? (I don't think the hairspray is so good for my hair?!)

Also, if yous have any recommendations on what brand curling tongs to get please mention!

TIA!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 babs78

What about heated rollers rather than curling tongs?

I use babyliss heated rollers in my hair rather than curling tongs and find it gives me a much more natural look curl than tongs and seems to last longer.

I spray with hairspray when rollers are in and then another bit of hairpsray when I take them out and I'm good to go

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I really recommend the hot rollers as well. I find them great. Just pop them in a leave them, a lot less labour intensive than the tongs. Another great thing is that you get a variety of sizes, so the final look is a less structured.
    I have these Babyliss

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Shmatter

I have a nicky clarke curler and I really like it. I like to do really tight curls, hairspray every couple of bunches and about twenty minutes after I'm done I separate the curls and use pantene pink mousse, I think that makes the curls really nice, and I always have really nice gentle curls the next day!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

the curling wands are very good as well - you can do the curls as tight or as loose as you like with them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

Thanks everyone! Great suggestions!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

Get the Remington Pearl curling wand. It's €30 in boots and absolutely fab, quicker to use than a tong and the curls last longer.
    As for getting curls to last even longer, put mousse in your hair first and hairspray after.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

Just to follow up, I went looking for the Remmington pearl wand, but couldn't find it anywhere, so I bought the Babyliss Curling Wand in Argos.

Its brilliant!

I decided against a larger barrell curling iron cos my hair just isn't long enough for it.

I love the Babyliss wand, its sooo easy to use. And my curls lasted all night, even this mornng I have a softer looser curl left in my hair. Very happy!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

The Cool wrote: »
    Get the Remington Pearl curling wand. It's €30 in boots and absolutely fab, quicker to use than a tong and the curls last longer.
    As for getting curls to last even longer, put mousse in your hair first and hairspray after.
    I got this today - and after trying it out for around 10 minutes I feel like I have burnt my fingertips off. How do you manage it without burning your fingers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Cookie Jar

cAr0l wrote: »
    I got this today - and after trying it out for around 10 minutes I feel like I have burnt my fingertips off. How do you manage it without burning your fingers?

Ceramic glove?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Shmatter wrote: »
    I have a nicky clarke curler and I really like it. I like to do really tight curls, hairspray every couple of bunches and about twenty minutes after I'm done I separate the curls and use pantene pink mousse, I think that makes the curls really nice, and I always have really nice gentle curls the next day!

Yes Nicky Clarke is super I love his products, I also use his heat defense curling spray so my hair wont get damaged. Hairspray is VERY important once you have a good hairspray your curls will hold no bother :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement