Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Letters coming in for interviews & informal offers. Post here! Mod note 1st post.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Azures

Heard from UCD today, know a few people have been wondering about them.

Was it an offer anfieldb? I'm waiting for a letter of any description from UCD...
    Sounds like offers are out, hoping the fact I live a long way from Dub and have a surname at the end of the alphabet is a factor here...

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭sean1976

Azures wrote: »
    Was it an offer anfieldb? I'm waiting for a letter of any description from UCD...
    Sounds like offers are out, hoping the fact I live a long way from Dub and have a surname at the end of the alphabet is a factor here...

Hi mate check there website all offers offered are up there already i got my offer through an email. what course did you apply for ?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Azures

sean1976 wrote: »

Hi mate check there website all offers offered are up there already i got my offer through an email. what course did you apply for ?

Thanks so much for your reply Sean - I checked my email, nothing- checked the website that said DN500 ( English / information St) offers had been made. Thought that's it then, it's all over but decided to phone UCD anyway, and the email has gone astray but I HAVE been offered a place! Yippee! Giddy as a kipper now!
    Thanks to boards.ie and yourself, I wouldn't have known otherwise...

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭hollingr

@the person who pm'ed me, RE medicine mature entry:

It won't let you post o here because you have to do the email confirmation thing to activate your boards.ie account fully! I cannot reply to your pm for the same reason.

Really sorry for you, I was in the same boat last year. If you are motivated enough though you can always apply again next year and do loads of stuff to beef up your application in the mean time. I know I am 10x better prepared this year and put a lot of work in to make my application much stronger.

Thanks for telling me, I haven't heard anything yet, but I have heard from people who got in last year that they do it in batches so there is no way of knowing if it's going to be a rejection or interview letter until you open it.. Will be nerve wrecking opening letters, I check the post fairly religiously too!

:o

edit: from the ucd mature entry news section:

30 April 2012

The decisions, for applications on the grounds of mature years, for the following BA programmes have been returned and communicated to applicants via email (where an email address has been provided):

DN500; DN501; DN502; DN510; DN511; DN512; DN513; DN514; DN515; DN517; DN518; DN531; DN532; DN533; DN541.

April 2012

All applications on grounds of mature years, received by the CAO by 1 February, have now been processed and forwarded to the releveant school for assessment.

Where an interview is required as part of the assessment, the school will contact the applicant directly to arrange a date and time.

We hope to communicate decision by email to applicants by the end of May 2012.

Official offers will issue via the CAO on 5th July 2012.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭anfield bound

Yeah it was an offer. check your junk mail, that's where i found mine.

• Advertisement

Thanks so much for your reply Sean - I checked my email, nothing- checked the website that said DN500 ( English / information St) offers had been made. Thought that's it then, it's all over but decided to phone UCD anyway, and the email has gone astray but I HAVE been offered a place! Yippee! Giddy as a kipper now!
    Thanks to boards.ie and yourself, I wouldn't have known otherwise...

Well done I look forward to seeing you there cograts again

• Registered Users Posts: 11 mcleixlip

E-mailed for update : here is response.

"Thank you for your email. The department have decided against calling candidates for interview. Letters will be sent out to candidates before the end of the week."

Everything crossed..stalking of postman..doubled! :eek:

Well done I look forward to seeing you there congrats again and good luck
    :)

mcleixlip wrote: »
    E-mailed for update : here is response.

"Thank you for your email. The department have decided against calling candidates for interview. Letters will be sent out to candidates before the end of the week."

Everything crossed..stalking of postman..doubled! :eek:

Hi mate did you hear anything from NUI Maynooth yet

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Alt.End

hollingr wrote: »
    @the person who pm'ed me, RE medicine mature entry:

It won't let you post o here because you have to do the email confirmation thing to activate your boards.ie account fully! I cannot reply to your pm for the same reason.

So far I got rejections from tcd, ucd an rcsi for mature medicine....haven't heard anything from ucc, does anybody know when they send out their letters?
    Although I am not looking forward to letters and e-mails anymore...will just be another rejection;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Buzz84

Has anyone got a letter back from NUIM regarding Social Science? I havnt heard a thing yet although I got an interview for the Arts degree

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Nel 2012

Just recieved email, no place offer for UCD Social Science, wasn't expecting to hear from them yet. I went for an interview in Trinity for Social work two weeks ago, but think that takes another month to hear back from them. Is this similiar to anyone elses applications?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭FairytaleGirl

ALT.End

How did you get your rejections?

Ive applied to those too for mature medicine and heard nothing from anywhere - except a letter from RCSI saying i might get called for the second round of interviews in June.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Alt.End

ALT.End

How did you get your rejections?

Ive applied to those too for mature medicine and heard nothing from anywhere - except a letter from RCSI saying i might get called for the second round of interviews in June.

I received a letter from tcd a week after the hpat,(I was so shocked, i thought they'd at least wait until the hpat was assessed..) saying that they can't offer me a place due to the competition
    I think I didn't meet the minimum entry requirements...you should know that I'm from germany and don't know how my grades are compared to yours so i think this could be the reason

Then I received a mail last week from ucd, saying I was rejected due to one of the following reasons, and they listed a few
    And last week I received the rejection from rcsi, saying I might get called for second round

Don't think I will hear from th again..or from ucc, but at least i tried ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Izzie11

Has anyone heard anything back from UCC? Seems like they are taking forever and I'd like to know where I stand!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 HollyRichter

I phoned UCC a week or so ago and they said they had already notified those who they were calling for interviews.....this was for Psychology, not sure about any other courses though:/

Hi just received an offer from NUI Maynooth in the post today for MH112

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 PatrickMc

Hi just received an offer from NUI Maynooth in the post today for MH112

Well done Sean.

Anyone here from DCU Multimedia DC133 yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Dunner1

@ izzie 11, ring the ucc mature student office , they should be able to give you the information that you need and they are very helpfull , (021)4901873 , hope that you get sorted .

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭fiinch

got a letter this morning offering me my first choice of psychology in trinity, delighted!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭auskid

i emailed ucc and just got the token first week in july sppech for offers on social studies. anybody else hear anyhting from them for any course

Yeah , i know UCC will let you know in July about social science , the interviews are on next week for social work, did you try and ring the mature student office ?

i didnt ring the mature student office but surely they wont let out that kind of information will they

Eh no , but they have loads of other information that would be useful should you be accepted, induction days etc .Do you have to do an interview for your course ?

no, no interviews for social science i think they just go on the msap and personal statement. bit of a nightmare having to wait till july nail biting away.

Yeah , i know , but they do take alot of mature students in UCC for social science, so hopefully you will get it .

cheers dunner,its very hard to be reading all the people here getting there offers allthough i am delighted to see any mature students efforts paying off but im very jealous at the same time ha ha ha

Yep, i know exactly what you mean , i was stalking the postman for interview letters and they eventually arrived , but still more waiting, but fair play to all the mature students who have been accepted its a huge achivement well done , hopefully we will be next !!

Just received my second offer from Nui Maynooth. Law and Politics, people check your post and good luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 mcleixlip

well done Sean,

postman off the hook - just got offer from NUIM Law department!!!

Also just got call to entrance exam to IT Blanch.... in case anybody else was wondering about them.

:D:D:D

Advertisement