Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Groupon/Clouds - Memory Foam Mattress

• 14-11-2011 12:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2 pierco

I bought the memory foam through Groupon and Clouds over 7 weeks ago. They do not reply to emails or answer their phones.

Has anyone actually received their mattress from these cowboys?

Or even got a number that they will answer?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭AssaultedPeanut

Hey OP,

I purchased the same deal, it said to allow up to 4 weeks for delivery and I didn't use my voucher right away so it's only been 5 weeks for me since I placed the order. I sent an email to them last week asking how long more is it going to be before it's delivered etc and quoted my order#. Have heard absolutely nothing back.

If they weren't able to keep up with the demand and are delayed then so be it, but to be met with total silence is highly frustrating.
    And seeing that you placed your order immediately and still haven't got it...I haven't a hope of getting it anytime soon :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,797 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

on the same note, i purchased the memory foam pillows from the same company
    on oct 8

got this email then on oct 27

Due to a very high volume of orders from Clouds Memory Foam, we must admit that we are running a bit behind schedule.

This email is to assure you that your order is being dispatched this week, and you will be sent your personal tracking number next week.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused and are working to bring your order to you as quickly as we can.

If you have any further questions, please call our customer service team on

i've emailed them twice in the last week to no avail and have emailed
    groupon once and neither have replied
    im currently on hold to groupon and after 15mins i was cut off so this
    time ive been on for 5mins so far
    shambolic to say the least

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Majesticzebras

I also got the email on 27th - looks like they were sent as a job - lot! Emailed clouds, as the link to GROUPON on their website doesn't work, but heard nothing. I called GROUPON and gave them my order numbers - they took my details, promised to pass them to 'Clouds' and asked me to contact them if Clouds aren't in touch by 22nd of November.

I will let you know if l hear anything at all from Clouds.........not holding my breath though.

Do you think a group email to GROUPON would help?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,797 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

got through to groupon also and hoping for some sort of response
    from clouds
    pathetic bunch haven't answered any mails thus far

• Advertisement

Just found the following link - makes for depressing reading:(

www.hotukdeals.com/misc/clouds-memory-foam-mattress-groupon-976981?page=20

Surely GROUPON should check the legitimacy of the offers before putting on the website.

I paid over 22euro to clouds for postage:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Oh glad it's not just me. I did make a mistake, when buying the voucher I selected the wrong size. Got my voucher, tried to get the right size but was told my voucher was invalid. I mailed them 4 times along with mailing groupon. Eventually clouds gave me an individual reply apologising for the delay and that they can't issue me an alternative size and that I should contact groupon.

Groupon haven't once replied to me, I'll be ringing them in the morning. Really wanted the mattress as a Christmas gift

I've just emailed support@city deal.ie again.

This is really putting me off GROUPON..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 bedzzz

I cringed when I seen this deal, I was shocked at how many bought the deal. Have being selling mattresses for a long time and could not understand how so many bought based on a massive false discount on a price that was no where near what they would sell for.

The contact information for clouds was unclear and where people stand when they have a fault with the mattress is beyond me.

There is no clear information in relation to the specification of these mattresses and no way for anyone to verify to be sure what they are getting is what it should be. What density is the memory foam? How is it constructed? Who manufactures the foam?

If you can get your money back do as quicklu as possible as you will only end up replacing this in about 6 months when you see a big dip in the area you sleep in. If the clouds website is available in 6 months I will eat my hat. You will have no comeback on this product and it will only cost you more to replace and dispose of it when you need to buy a real mattress.

Sleep Well.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭A New earth

bedzzz wrote: »
    I cringed when I seen this deal, I was shocked at how many bought the deal. Have being selling mattresses for a long time and could not understand how so many bought based on a massive false discount on a price that was no where near what they would sell for.

The contact information for clouds was unclear and where people stand when they have a fault with the mattress is beyond me.

There is no clear information in relation to the specification of these mattresses and no way for anyone to verify to be sure what they are getting is what it should be. What density is the memory foam? How is it constructed? Who manufactures the foam?

If you can get your money back do as quicklu as possible as you will only end up replacing this in about 6 months when you see a big dip in the area you sleep in. If the clouds website is available in 6 months I will eat my hat. You will have no comeback on this product and it will only cost you more to replace and dispose of it when you need to buy a real mattress.

Sleep Well.

Interesting, we purchased an expensive memory foam mattress from a large department store in Dublin about 2 years and it now has the big dips you mentioned. We kept rotating it since we bought it (can't turn it over as the memory foam is only on the top c 3 inches) but it hasn't helped.

I presume there is nothing can be done except stay in our dips or buy a new mattress (not memory foam)

• Advertisement

You may be able to get something back from the Manufacturer as it is a manufacturing issue, if the foam has collapsed.

Pocket Spring is a good choice for a Mattress. Proven Technology for many years.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭A New earth

bedzzz wrote: »
    You may be able to get something back from the Manufacturer as it is a manufacturing issue, if the foam has collapsed.

Pocket Spring is a good choice for a Mattress. Proven Technology for many years.

Thank you for quick reply

Thanks bedzz,

Wish l read your post before ordering....

I was under the impression (illusion?) that GROUPON would investigate any offers they put on their site and to be fair, other offers I've purchased have been smooth transactions.

Just wonder if anyone has yet heard from GROUPON or Clouds? Thanks guys...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

I'm pretty sure that groupon, or whoever you are buying through, will be responsible for your purchase since you are buying through them. If you contact them by phone, they should refund you.

Taken from http://www.groupon.com/terms
    If a Merchant or venue refuses to honor any voucher, Groupon will refund the amount paid upon request in the original form of payment, or will credit the Groupon account of the purchaser with an equivalent number of Groupon “Bucks” for future purchases on the Site. Groupon Bucks do not expire. Need a refund or have a question? Email Groupon at support@groupon.com or call 1 (877) 788-7858 (Monday through Friday, 9-5 central time). Vouchers are not redeemable for cash, unless required by law. Unauthorized or unlawful reproduction, resale, modification or trade of vouchers is prohibited.

And from the Irish site
    Can I return a voucher?
    Returns are handled on a case-by-case basis. Within the limits of reason, we’ll do what it takes to make you happy. Unless there is something wrong with the purchase, we are generally unable to offer refunds after one week from the purchase date. If you’d like to discuss returning a deal, e-mail support@citydeal.ie or give us a call on 1-800-936-927.

When anyone receives there product, please post it here.
    The offer was on 21st September, Now 23rd November.
    They sold over 500 products so surely someone has got a delivery.

Thanks d31b0y

Put my mind at ease....had bought them for my parents too....bit of a bummer!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

And the deal is back up again now. Had been considering it, but had problems with the pillow (although got refund from at least) a while back, so decided to check up online. Glad I did now... Avoiding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 norris

I bought this cloud mattress too and am just wondering now is it a scam. You can get a refund from groupon but can you get a refund from clouds on the shipping costs. 10 euro shipping by 500 customers who look like they got nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 elle81

So Glad i found this thread. was just about to buy a superking one-think i`ll hold off now.
    Am also interested in hearing if anyone received theirs??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭CyCaboose

Hi all,

I have to say i am disappointed in Groupon for yet again offering this deal again, when so many people have not received their product from past deals.

I ordered a Memory Foam Pillow, it was on the Groupon deal on 8th October, I used the voucher on the 10th October and paid the shipping fee... I got an order number (which had a suspicious looking number), and not a peep since. Over a month and nothing. They won't reply to my emails either.

What are my options here? Will Groupon refund me? and if so, what about the delivery cost i've already paid to Clouds Memory Foam - do you think I can do a chargeback on this. Or am I better off just waiting longer?

It will be the last time I buy anything off Groupon thats for sure. I can't believe they're still offering more deals for these scammers :mad:

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

From reading threads like this and similar, I wouldnt touch groupon with a bargepole. It seems that for every good offer, theres one that goes bad, like this, and how do you tell?

Oryx wrote: »
    From reading threads like this and similar, I wouldnt touch groupon with a bargepole. It seems that for every good offer, theres one that goes bad, like this, and how do you tell?

You would like to believe that GROUPON check the validity of the company before they post the offers....last time l will be caught! Are Clouds and GROUPON the same company?...............:confused:

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

You would like to believe that GROUPON check the validity of the company before they post the offers....last time l will be caught! Are Clouds and GROUPON the same company?...............:confused:
    I dont think its even a question of the validity of a company. On the radio yesterday they reported about a legit cupcake business in the uk that used groupon and ended up with 8000 loss making orders that they struggled to fill. They said its almost put them out of business. So I guess what happens is too many companies get oversubscribed groupon offers, which they cannot cope with. Im not sure whose fault that would be, but it shows the system is flawed and they dont seem to be fixing it.

True oryx, but surely the company should only put forward the number of orders they can manage to cope with?

Well called GROUPON and explained the saga. Low and behold my pillows were sent to me this week!!!! No tracking order/date of postage/ guarantee...so asked for my money back.

It will take 10 working days, as they need a payback request from Clouds, due to the fact that they were posted :o:o:o

Will let you know if I shall sleep soundly.....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Toffee15

I sent a link of this page to Groupon as I am having extreme difficulty in getting through to them. Sent another email to Clouds today and got a failure notice which is not great. Also, see that they now go under the name of Silver Moon Living. I have threatened the legal route which I am more than happy to pursue.

Toffee15 wrote: »
    I sent a link of this page to Groupon as I am having extreme difficulty in getting through to them. Sent another email to Clouds today and got a failure notice which is not great. Also, see that they now go under the name of Silver Moon Living. I have threatened the legal route which I am more than happy to pursue.

Did you try to call them? I'm not sure they look at emails - turning cynical here......I've just noticed that the Memory Foam Mattress offer has been bought by 92 suckers!!
    Would love to warn them not to bother...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

True oryx, but surely the company should only put forward the number of orders they can manage to cope with?

Unfortunately that's not how it works. Companies actually really get a very hard sell from Groupon, and have very little control on how much money they get from the deal, or how many deals they will sell.

There have been several reports on the internet from businesses who suffered terribly from signing up to a Groupon deal. Read this post from the owner of a little cafe in the US to get more insight from the perspective of a small business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Toffee15

I rang them twice and got though to woman called <SNIP>. On Friday she said her system was down and that she would ring me back on Monday and believe it or not I am still waiting.Tried today but to no avail. <SNIP> advised me that I can get a refund on the price of the mattress but not delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Thanks bedzz,

Wish l read your post before ordering....

I was under the impression (illusion?) that GROUPON would investigate any offers they put on their site and to be fair, other offers I've purchased have been smooth transactions.

Just wonder if anyone has yet heard from GROUPON or Clouds? Thanks guys...

Considering i saw an ad up once for massages from a "mobile unit", I duno...

Advertisement