Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lowcostholidays.ie discount codes

• 03-02-2012 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    Am looking for any sort of discount for this site. The ones I have found for lowcostholidays.com don't seem to work on the Irish site.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭NJS007

tweety76 wrote: »
    Hi All,
    Am looking for any sort of discount for this site. The ones I have found for lowcostholidays.com don't seem to work on the Irish site.
    Thanks

Would you not just book it through lowcostholidays.com then? I did a quick searh for lowcostholidays.ie code and this popped up... might be of some use to you ...http://www.couponexpress.ie/merchants/detail/lowcostholidays.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭chasm

NJS007 wrote: »
    Would you not just book it through lowcostholidays.com then? I did a quick searh for lowcostholidays.ie code and this popped up... might be of some use to you ...http://www.couponexpress.ie/merchants/detail/lowcostholidays.ie

The .com site isn't much use if you wish to fly from airports other than Belfast though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 43 joney

In my experience if you enter all your details including your email address but just stop short of adding your credit card details to confirm the booking, you should be emailed a discount voucher within a few hours. The email will probably say something like - we noticed you did not book, was this due to a problem with our site? Here is a voucher for your next booking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

low_cost_holidays_ireland_04_v2.jpgYeap

Hi,

You recently visited lowcostholidays.ie and we noticed you were in the process of making a booking online, so we wanted to check if you needed any further assistance with your holiday enquiry.

If you haven’t been able to make your booking yet, we wanted to offer you a €10 discount* on your next booking!

Click HERE to go back to our website and enter 'RETURNINGIE' into the promotion code panel to view the discounted rates.

We appreciate your custom and look forward to welcoming you back to our site again soon.

Kind Regards,
    lowcostholidays.ie

Actually I was hoping for a bit more tbh:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭NJS007

A tenner its better off in your pocket than lowcostholidays... Nice result :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭fAzI

at the moment:

JULYDIS20 -20€ if over 500€ holidays ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭jonosam

Be careful booking through low cost holiday. My GF and I were going to book our holiday through them as they were coming up €3/400 cheaper than anyother travel agent. When we google their reviews it didn't show them in a good light. I know people like to bitch but many were complaining about the same problem. Once you booked and paid for your holiday they would come back a few days later and would look for more money stating the flight cost has went up. Just something to be careful of!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 JOANNA29

HI
    HAVE YOU SOMETHING FOR AUGUST? :) WILL BE GREAT, THANKS :)
    fAzI wrote: »
    at the moment:

JULYDIS20 -20€ if over 500€ holidays ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭dareden

I saw this on the Fatcheese website. Would recommend booking through them as you will make some money in cash back.

EUR20 off holiday bookings that include a hotel and minimum spend of EUR500, for travel in September. Not to be used in conjunction with any other offer. To be redeemed only once, only online at lowcostholidays.ie between 1st August 2012 and 31st August 2012.
    Code: IESEPDEAL1
    Expires: 31 Aug 2012

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭dozy doctor

There are some NEW Codes for lowcostholidays on http://www.oxcodes.ie/merchants/detail/lowcostholidays-discount-voucher-codes if anyone is interested

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭dozy doctor

Offer: €20 off BOOKINGS & must contain hotel stay for 5 nights with Lowcostholidays.ie
    Live: 31st July 2013
    Ends: 18th August 2013
    Your lowcostholidays.ie discount code is AUGLATE20

Code sourced from http://hotelandtravelcodes.com/lowcostholidays-ie-discount-code-august-2013/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

Offer: €20 Off Booking
    Limitations: 7 Nights for 2 Adults
    Valid Until: 31st May 2014
    Discount Code: 20OFFMAY

Sourced from: http://www.voucher-code.ie/lowcostholidays.ie/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 RacKenny

Hey,

Has anyone used lowcostholidays.ie recently to book flights? I used them last week and booked flights and they confirmed the price I was to pay etc. before I proceeded. A few hours after I had booked they rang to say that the price of the flights had gone up and I was going to be charged the difference. I argued that it wasn't my problem the flight price had changed as I had my booking confirmed.

The first day I rang to complain I was told that a supervisor would ring me within an hour. A full day had passed and still no call so I rang them again and I was told the same thing. The strange thing this time was that I was told the name of the supervisor was the same person who I had rang the day before who told me a supervisor would ring me back. So it seems I had been talking to the supervisor but he didn't want to deal with the complaint. Anyway no supervisor rang me back again. The third day I got through to a team leader who didn't want to know about my complaint and just hung up the phone.

Very poor customer service and in my mind they have done something that is like a fraud. Their price was about €50 cheaper than any of the other websites but once I booked it jumped to the same price as the other websites, surely not just an amazing coincidence. It appears to me that they dragged me in with the lower price and then just charged the difference anyway.

I've contacted the ITAA about it and will post their response on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,610 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Contact Joe Duffy RTE Liveline.

I did, they need more complaints first. They have had some similar before and hope to do something on them soon.

I'll be on to the consumer show too and Watchdog in the UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

Fair play to you RacKenny. Plenty of people would have paid the extra and done nothing about it.

MsBubbles wrote: »
    Fair play to you RacKenny. Plenty of people would have paid the extra and done nothing about it.

Thanks. I wouldn't care if it was €2. The principal always means more to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭banchang

RacKenny wrote: »
    Hey,

Has anyone used lowcostholidays.ie recently to book flights? I used them last week and booked flights and they confirmed the price I was to pay etc. before I proceeded. A few hours after I had booked they rang to say that the price of the flights had gone up and I was going to be charged the difference. I argued that it wasn't my problem the flight price had changed as I had my booking confirmed.

The first day I rang to complain I was told that a supervisor would ring me within an hour. A full day had passed and still no call so I rang them again and I was told the same thing. The strange thing this time was that I was told the name of the supervisor was the same person who I had rang the day before who told me a supervisor would ring me back. So it seems I had been talking to the supervisor but he didn't want to deal with the complaint. Anyway no supervisor rang me back again. The third day I got through to a team leader who didn't want to know about my complaint and just hung up the phone.

Very poor customer service and in my mind they have done something that is like a fraud. Their price was about €50 cheaper than any of the other websites but once I booked it jumped to the same price as the other websites, surely not just an amazing coincidence. It appears to me that they dragged me in with the lower price and then just charged the difference anyway.

I've contacted the ITAA about it and will post their response on here.

Any response ?

Yes. The ITAA contacted lowcostholidays.ie on my behalf and within a day someone from lowcostholidays.ie contacted me to say a refund of the extra charge would be given. This to me proved that they were trying to pull a fast one. I won't be touching them again and I would advise others not to either.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭maria34

jonosam wrote: »
    Be careful booking through low cost holiday. My GF and I were going to book our holiday through them as they were coming up €3/400 cheaper than anyother travel agent. When we google their reviews it didn't show them in a good light. I know people like to bitch but many were complaining about the same problem. Once you booked and paid for your holiday they would come back a few days later and would look for more money stating the flight cost has went up. Just something to be careful of!

The same thing happened to our family, they wanted to get 25 euros each extra. That was ok at first but then they rang again and wanted 300 extra. That made me sooo mad i went ballistic to be honest. Asked my money back, they said that as i booked already they keep some money for costmumer fees or something like this. I told them ill ring consumer rights and hanged up. After few minutes another bloke rang back and said i get my money after 5 working days. So they kept our holiday money for a week! 3000 quit it was, had no extra money to book my flights directly with ryanair so i needed to wait. No need to say tickets werent more expensive, got them even cheaper on ryanair page.
    Ill never deal with this crowd again!

• Advertisement
Advertisement