Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PSVita megathread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Ok I have uncharted class, rayman class IMO

Stardust, wipeout, mutant blob game too!!

What retail games are great with great replay value?

Also what download games are good value?

Is the resistance game any good?

Are the downloadable gta games any good?

kensutz wrote: »
    Considering Declan said during the week that he was running the promo for an extra 10 days

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=80112246&postcount=202

So technically they know about it and still have another 4 days :rolleyes:

Sanger told me at till the offer was gone and I wasn't getting two for 30. Who is Declan??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Ok I have uncharted class, rayman class IMO

Stardust, wipeout, mutant blob game too!!

What retail games are great with great replay value?

Also what download games are good value?

Is the resistance game any good?

I have the exact same collection only i also have Lumines and Motorstorm RC, both are brilliant games Lumines is very addictive sadly no plat though.. Motorstorm RC is a must have tbh... Well worth the 6euro and add ons could be worth it too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Gravity Rush Gravity Rush Gravity Rush! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Downloaded these last week, there well worth the money very good

• Advertisement

Wasnt that much into the demo tbh!!??

Anyone know what the resistance game is like? Ign gave it a shockingly bad 5.5 out of 10 :(

Resistance was only game currys wouldn't sell for 20 the girl said it was 60 odd euro for it I was like eh no thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

Anyone know what the resistance game is like? Ign gave it a shockingly bad 5.5 out of 10 :(
    Try the demo if you've the space. You'll see why. I was gonna buy it but it just wasnt very good in the demo.

That's fair enough! Never tried it myself, got the game straight away, so I dunno what the demo is missing. But there're lots of side missions, and a nicely sized world.

The gravity mechanics can be difficult to get used to, especially with fighting, but once you do, it's an absolute joy to fly around the world.

Maybe in the future when it gets cheaper, I'd definitely recommend it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I'm only one trophy away from platinuming resistance burning skies :rolleyes: Its not bad, is the kindest thing I'd say about it, at best, its a competent portable first person shooter.

• Advertisement

I badly want Resistance, me and another lad have just started back playing Resistance 3 and its epic.. He has Burning Skies but says its terrible.. I still want it though, but its too damn pricey:pac:

EDIT: See with skyhook if your location on that map thing isnt in the blue area does that mean I cant get near to work even with skyhook ?

I loved resistance games so really wanted burning skys but 5.5 out of 10 is a brutal review..

Last thing I wanna do is buy another full price ****e game that I'm not gonna play again. Looking for replay value tbh thinking everybody's golf anyways but after that??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

I loved resistance games so really wanted burning skys but 5.5 out of 10 is a brutal review..

Last thing I wanna do is buy another full price ****e game that I'm not gonna play again. Looking for replay value tbh thinking everybody's golf anyways but after that??

gravity rush, disagea,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I wouldn't pay full price for resistance :rolleyes: I was lucky, I got it refunded so I got a straight swap for gravity rush.

psone compatibility coming 28th of august also buy ps all stars on ps3 get it for free on vita :D

caspa307 wrote: »
    psone compatibility coming 28th of august also buy ps all stars on ps3 get it for free on vita :D

Does that mean you have to buy it in the ps store? Also anyone have live stream I can watch on ps3?

Ah im missing the showcase of killzone mercenary :(

Does that mean you have to buy it in the ps store? Also anyone have live stream I can watch on ps3?

didnt specify but i dont think so also psn eublog have a live stream

didnt specify but i dont think so also psn eublog have a live stream

I can only really see it working with remote play, hard disc copy I dont think will work.. Ah it requires flash player update.. Im ripping I missed Killzone: Mercenary:(

sony once again showing how press conferences are done, but blops declassified only has 4v4 mp :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Ah im missing the showcase of killzone mercenary :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Dazza

Assasins Creed Controls trailer. Looks class a must buy imo

Thanks Otocan.. Is Black Ops single player going to be like unit 13 or will it be like a ps3 experience.. Dissapointed with Killzone aswell I want a carry on from Killzone 3 or an inbetween story of after Killzone 2.. The way developers are deciding to make these games isnt what I thought the Vita would be like.. I want games to feel like a ps3 experience in your hand...

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Dazza

Also Call of duty Black Ops Declassified trailer for anyone who missed the live stream

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

That was what E3 should have been vita wise. Guess CoD, Assassin's Creed and All-Stars are on my must buy list now. Also nice to see Vita for PS+ mentioned again. i heard a rumor that upcoming indie title Kyutt Underground for vita was going to be free for the first 8 weeks for PS+ users so I guess we'll wait and see.

Also that Tearaway just reeks of awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Firmware update 1.80 adds a few more nice [and overdue] features besides PSone Classic support.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/08/14/psone-classics-coming-to-ps-vita-via-the-latest-system-software-update-v1-80/
    Listed below are a few other new features that will be added with the 1.80 update:

Cross Controller
    The new Cross-Controller feature will allow you to use PS Vita as a controller to play compatible games on PS3, such as LittleBigPlanet 2. This feature lets you take advantage of PS Vita’s rich features including the touch screen, rear touch pad, six-axis motion sensing system, and cameras.
    To access the cross controller feature you need to launch the Remote Play application and then click on the Cross-Controller icon.

Controls
    As many of you have requested, you will now have the option to control the home screen and some features of applications such as Videos and Music with the buttons on the PS Vita system.

Music
    Playlists will be supported in Music. You will be able to transfer iTunes (10.6.3 or later), M3U, and M3U8 playlists from a PS3 or a PC using Content Manager.

Web Browser
    Rear touch pad operation will be supported by the browser, allowing you to scroll through and zoom out of pages without obscuring the screen.

Video
    The following controls have been added to Videos:
    Playback speed control
    Repeat play

Photos
    Viewing photos in MPO format will now be supported, with the ability to transfer MPO files from PS3™ and PC using Content Manager.
    * 3D and multi-angle viewing are NOT supported.

Group Messaging
    Along with some new layout enhancements, you will be able to take photos to add as attachments when writing Group Messages.

Maps
    The Maps feature has been improved by adding a button on the top screen to switch between “Search for Location” and “Search for Directions.” You can also touch and hold a location on the map and place a user flag.

“near”
    “near” will be able to gather the information of surrounding Wi-Fi access points without internet connection and update the location data based on it later. You can get location data within the area covered by Wi-Fi location services.

The items in bold are the ones I am most interested in.

• where can i get a 32gb card for my vita cheap :( so dear sony

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Otacon wrote: »
    Honestly, I'd much prefer the game to be more akin to Liberation, but I guess I can go with this if it has Killzone 2's multiplayer (server lists and all).

Well.......28th August is still 'summer' I suppose.....just. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

I just saw that PS1 classics will be coming to the Vita. Will they have trophy support. FFVII with trophy support would be awesome. What can I say, I'm a trophy whore!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

shuffles03 wrote: »
    I just saw that PS1 classics will be coming to the Vita. Will they have trophy support. FFVII with trophy support would be awesome. What can I say, I'm a trophy whore!

No chance

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement