Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You're probably up to no good!

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭jackiebrown

meglome wrote: »
    How many people on boards.ie do we know have been tracked down and hassled for what they've said? Well as far I can say it's a total of zero. Sure people have been stopped for saying certain things as boards.ie could be held liable for it.

Not for the first time your statement is contradictory.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Not for the first time your statement is contradictory.

Oh... maybe you can explain why?

There's a certain music promoter that's current taking court action against boards.ie because of what other people said, people like us. So if people were allowed to say whatever they like all the time then there could easily be other court actions and a number of people have threatened to do this. So boards.ie walk a fine line between letting people say what they want and getting sued. All that aside people still make an awful lot of serious claims in here and as far as we know not one of them has had the slightest problem afterwards. Do you know otherwise?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Toiletroll

robtri wrote: »
    I was going to say the same your analogy is misleading and purposely walking people downt he apth you want them...

currently cctv, google camera's, police survelience camera's, toll camera's, anpr camera's, ect.. all operate in the public domain,
    none of these items are looking in your window watching what you are doing..

Here would be my example..you notice some stock going mising, somebody is shoplifiting from you...

Say Heineken helen, you own your retail shop selling clothes.... over the course of a few months
    So you decide to put up CCTV to monitor your shop, should customers be able to insist that you take the camera's down because you are recording them???? if a customer did ask this, I know I would be very suspicious of them being up to no good...

You go into a shop knowing there are cameras there. Big difference .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭briktop

humanji wrote: »
    Where exactly does it say that all government employees have access to it? Also, Royal Mail is a PLC and not a government agency.

the royal mail , like an post , has machines ( which I have seen in action )
    that can wind a letter out of a sealed envelope and replace it after copying , and youd never knew it happend.

would a PLC need to do this ?

briktop wrote: »
    the royal mail , like an post , has machines ( which I have seen in action )
    that can wind a letter out of a sealed envelope and replace it after copying , and youd never knew it happend.

would a PLC need to do this ?

I suppose there's some proof?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭BertrandMeyer

As the databases expand, the problem will only get worse. Much of the methods thought to exist are described as horrifically violent. The Gardaí have been up to their elbows for quite a while in trying to exploit the information.

Forget about who's been making unauthorised searches on you -- they still make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

Toiletroll wrote: »
    You go into a shop knowing there are cameras there. Big difference .

and you go onto the internet knowing it is monitored, you go out in puiblic knowing their is CCTV around, you drive your car accross toll bridges knowing that their are anpr camera's.....

I am not seeing your point???

meglome wrote: »
    I suppose there's some proof?

does " machines that i have seen in action " not do it for you ?

briktop wrote: »
    does " machines that i have seen in action " not do it for you ?

As much as I love to believe anything some random stranger on the internet tells me I'd like more than just your word for it.

all i can say is i have seen them in action, all postal processors have mail intercept sections , for lawful ( and sometimes unlawful ) mail intercept.

the machine in question is just one tool used in this area.

it uses a thin rigid wire with slots in it to slide in the slightly open gap at the top of an envelope , or force a small gap - roll up the letter , pull it out and roll and place it back when finished.

letter is then pressed flat , and no ones the wiser.

• Advertisement
Advertisement