Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buses - people who stand in the gangway / at the white line

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

foggy_lad wrote: »
    This kind of thing annoys the hell out of me on all public transport.
    If someone is obviously struggling under a big bag or a load of shopping, I'll move to another seat, but if someone is leaving their rucksack or coat on a seat when there's few going it won't kill you to pick it up and hand it to them. The look of outrage makes the seat all the more comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

bk wrote: »
    Really, I'm very tired of drivers not using the rare doors at every stop. It just leads to confusion when people are waiting at the rare door that doesn't open and then are forced to scramble through the crowds to use the front door :mad:

I suggest that DB and the NTA need to enforce the use of the rare door at ALL stops, all the time.

The current hodge podge Irish approach is just not working.

Referring to enforcement is all well and good,but for this to work,it has to be backed up by the relevant enforceable procedures.

In the case of multi-door usage it is covered quite succinctly in the Dublin Bus Bye-Laws.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/About-Us/Dublin-Bus-Bye-Laws/Boarding-and-Alighting/
    8. Where notices are exhibited on a vehicle indicating that a door shall be used for entrance and another door for exit (except in the case of an accident or other emergency or with the consent of an authorised person) a person shall not board or attempt to board the vehicle by the door indicated for exit or alight from or attempt to alight from the vehicle by the door indicated for entrance.

However,it should be noted that in the case of the current,NTA specified,Dual Doored GT fleet, NO such notices exist.

So in theory,could this absence of signage be taken to allow boarding and alighting by either door at any time....?

It is,as they say,a grey area it would seem ?

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

Advertisement