Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Local trainees

• 09-07-2014 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi all, congratulations to all who've gotten through so far. I have a question about trainees who are local - does anyone know if they have to live on campus for the duration of their training? We are new to the area, but live about 5 mins from the college! Just wondering, were I successful, would I be able to stay living at home?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mickaleen

Congrats to you. As far as I am aware everyone has to stay on site but I am open to correction on that. Best of luck with your new career.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 flix

Thanks Mickaleen, I'm not through yet, just going in with the second batch. Would be a shame to pay rent somewhere 5 mins away from the college and not get to live there. Ah well, would be worth it if I got in!

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mickaleen

You'll be able to live there over the weekends....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Bloodwing

People who lived local were allowed live outside the college during the previous intakes. I can't say if that has changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 flix

Bloodwing wrote: »
    People who lived local were allowed live outside the college during the previous intakes. I can't say if that has changed.

That's good to hear. Hope it hasn't changed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Locust

In our phase a few locals lived out, no problems, but you kinda miss out on all the comradery, banter, craic and the lol's...!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

Locust wrote: »
    In our phase a few locals lived out, no problems, but you kinda miss out on all the comradery, banter, craic and the lol's...!

but at least you won't have to piss in the sink in the middle of the night

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭almeraguy

Santa Cruz wrote: »

:eek:
    So you're saying bring a bottle of Jeyes Fluid with us if/when we go templemore!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

almeraguy wrote: »
    :eek:
    So you're saying bring a bottle of Jeyes Fluid with us if/when we go templemore!!

And a plunger for the more solid items

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭almeraguy

And a plunger for the more solid items

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭detective

It was never a problem when the college was jammers but i suspect they will want everyone to live in nowadays with limited recruitment.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Eireannach01

Do you reckon that is really true? Why would anyone do that? I hope not! I'm quite fussy about things relating to personal hygiene being clean e.g. sinks, showers, toilets etc.

It sounds like I will have to bring a range of disinfectant cleaning products with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ann.lewis

Do you reckon that is really true? Why would anyone do that? I hope not! I'm quite fussy about things relating to personal hygiene being clean e.g. sinks, showers, toilets etc.

It sounds like I will have to bring a range of disinfectant cleaning products with me.

Yes. Do. And your rubbers.

Gloves that is

Advertisement