Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Post Your Gear (DISCUSSION ONLY)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

13 basses you say you have, Would u mind listing them all? With pics of course as this would be the place to do it :p . Gonna take some pics of my gear the weekend actually been meaning to do it for ageees.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Darkstrike

Parsley wrote: »
    Nicccccce! Gonna need more pictures though. :pac:
    Of course, soon as the weather ain't ****e, so I can take 'em outside.
    Patricide wrote: »
    13 basses you say you have, Would u mind listing them all? With pics of course as this would be the place to do it :p . Gonna take some pics of my gear the weekend actually been meaning to do it for ageees.
    Not a bother!:cool:

Woa.....thats.......impressive!!!!

Woa.....thats.......impressive!!!!

The madness, you mean?:D

Madness? I call that living the dream!!

• Advertisement

Oh it will be, by time I'm done! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Tasty! :)

Needs some oil on the board tho, lookin' a bit dry!

Darkstrike...thats bloody impressive!

Vim Fuego wrote: »
    This popped into the office this morning. No work today it seems.

8788_3.jpg

87e7_3.jpg
    :eek: Hotdamn' thats sex in guitar form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Nice!! The J-custom RGs are awesome guitars, enjoy!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Are they filtertrons?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

No, they're called Megatrons. Details on them are scarce but they're a bit brighter than Filters... and Filters ain't exactly dark.

Megatron? Best name for a pickup ever :D

I've never played a guitar with filtertrons installed, they intrigue me for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭boycey

Nice fish-head, always liked those Corvettes, even the funky green G-Love signature one.
    Now tell us whats the plans for that particularily fine looking but empty cab?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

boycey wrote: »
    Now tell us whats the plans for that particularily fine looking but empty cab?

All will be revealed late next week..

*grabs popcorn and waits for all to be revealed*

Speaking of the next meetup, I'll have to bring the Jr. :D

On another note, I got me a new toy today!

It's an Akai Headrush E2 Delay/Echo/Looper. Bloody awesome!
    Here's a pic...
    headrush.jpg

Awesome axe!

Nice Eggles. Me likeeeee :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

Fish-Head. Love that guitar and I have to see it in the flesh!

Daz. Another Eggle!! That's bordering on compulsive. Nevertheless I also have to see that in the flesh!

Dord. +1 on the Headrush! I love mine but I do have one fault. When looping you loose the delay function! I set mine up as the last part in my effects loop with the G-Major in front of it. That way I can record a loop with whatever effects I want on it and then switch channels to Drive and have whetever effect I want on that channel and let rip slowly and awkwardly ;) hell yeah.

dazberry wrote: »
    Ok, so I really wasn't in the market but when I came across this little gem on my travels I just couldn't let it slip by ;). Really loved the colour (USA Blue). As an added bonus the guitar and case are like new, its as if someone bought it back in 1992 but hardly ever played it - even came with the original documentation and hanging tags.

NewYork92UsaBlue.jpg
    NewYork92UsaBlue2.jpg
    Natural and USA Blue
    NewYork92s.jpg
    Pink Glow and USA Blue :D
    NewYork92BerlinPro92.jpg

D.
    With the amount of eggles you have you should be endorsed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭dazberry

Quattroste wrote: »
    Daz. Another Eggle!! That's bordering on compulsive.
    With the amount of eggles you have you should be endorsed!!

Yeah its gone that bit too far now given the count has hit 7. The last two were just great bargains I couldn't pass up. Even if my senses were to fail me again :eek:, I've just nowhere else to put anymore gear.

D.

• Advertisement

Yeah its gone that bit too far now given the count has hit 7. The last two were just great bargains I couldn't pass up. Even if my senses were to fail me again :eek:, I've just nowhere else to put anymore gear.

D.
    Well if it means anything to you, if i had a steady job and a credit card id be worse off.

Id be spending a lot lot more on a catalogue of PRS guitar's, eveni if you dont think there worth the price(i know you love your eggles a lot more ;) ) im just infatuated with them......to the point where its not healthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭dazberry

Well if it means anything to you, if i had a steady job and a credit card id be worse off.

Id be spending a lot lot more on a catalogue of PRS guitar's, eveni if you dont think there worth the price(i know you love your eggles a lot more ;) ) im just infatuated with them......to the point where its not healthy.

Yeah jobwise things aren't too hot here either, but as it stands it pays well but can be pretty stressful. The stress was off the meter last year and that's when the guitars started to arrive - I think the guitars were the only thing that kept me sane...

The thing about the eggles is that if you know what you're looking for they can work out pretty cheap for what you get - there can be some real bargains there - if there's ever another meetup in town (dub) I'll lug in a Berlin Pro and an NY for people to like or loath as appropriate :)

D.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

I think the guitars were the only thing that kept me sane...

Right, that's it. That's going on my gravestone :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

I just got a grand in the form of a rowing scholarphip from UCC and have been scouring the U-Box for the last few days non-stop... :pac:

Rowing scholarship, eh?

Tell them it's a paddle :p

53Steinberger_Bass_fs.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

My sin turns one at the end of the month, and in honour of this I bought him his first guitar.

527825.jpg

It's the ESP Kirk Hammett Junior model

He won't be able to get his hands around it for quite a few years, but I hope he knows how cool his old man (thinks he) is when he gets older.

Ah you're such a great Dad, kids always come first ;) :pac: :p

Parsley wrote: »
    I just got a grand in the form of a rowing scholarphip from UCC and have been scouring the U-Box for the last few days non-stop... :pac:

Guitar or bass? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

Dord wrote: »
    Guitar or bass? :D

Bass! I've got pickups for the ole guitar picked out, they're a christmas present. :D There's a nice lookin Bacchus Universe 5 string layin around there........

:edit: Inquiry sent :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭stephenshields2

Oh pox, i didnt see that!!:D

• Advertisement

Doctor J wrote: »
    Rowing scholarship, eh?

Tell them it's a paddle :p

53Steinberger_Bass_fs.jpg
    Wrap it in clingfilim before boatin' and it'd probably work for both!:D
    Heres two of my Deans, only pics i have right now!
    Awesome guitars!:cool:

Advertisement