Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Google Music All Access live in Ireland

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

I still can't access it on the euro price. I changed the address of my CC to a random Post Code in the US and got signed up that way. It is working out more or less the same price as the early bird price. $9.99 is about €7.70.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭celticsfan

Lads did anyone ever manage to sub to all access after? Im getting the unsupported payment type as well having used vpn before to buy the nexus4

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Obskure

celticsfan wrote: »
    Lads did anyone ever manage to sub to all access after? Im getting the unsupported payment type as well having used vpn before to buy the nexus4

Still no luck. I can swap my account to UK and be presented with the UK play store, apps priced in stg£. Play music would then let me use my payment method for the free trial @ a cost of £7.99 p/m. When I switch back to €uro, Play Music offers the trial in stg£ but if I opt to pay, I get the error again. Looks as though I'll have to use a separate account just for Play Music all access! Can't find another way around this...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Engine No.9

The Google Music player has to be one of the worst players out there. Downloaded it a month ago. Uninstalled an hour later. Non responsive and the album covers were both inaccurate and 8bit quality.

Obskure wrote: »
    Still no luck. I can swap my account to UK and be presented with the UK play store, apps priced in stg£. Play music would then let me use my payment method for the free trial @ a cost of £7.99 p/m. When I switch back to €uro, Play Music offers the trial in stg£ but if I opt to pay, I get the error again. Looks as though I'll have to use a separate account just for Play Music all access! Can't find another way around this...

Yea Im the same bud,i thought i had it sorted when i got my app prices to appear in euros,only to go to the option to sub to all access and be presented with a £ symbol and and error message,done the same with $ and still showing as £7.99 when trying to sub.. So tonight i just got fed up and set my play account back to pounds so subbed for £7.99,tried spotify as well the past week but the app is just really poor..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭smee again

pajopearl wrote: »
    The Google Music player has to be one of the worst players out there. Downloaded it a month ago. Uninstalled an hour later. Non responsive and the album covers were both inaccurate and 8bit quality.

The thumbnails on your own music are uploaded from your own collection, if they're poor quality it's because that's the way they are. Uninstalling it after an hour means you didn't give it a chance, it's had lots of updates in the first few weeks. It's all I use now when out and about, it caches the last 100 played songs locally so you can play them anytime. It's a lovely polished app, miles better than the Spotify app.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Has anyone tried xbox music?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭moonboy52

I gave it a go Alpha Dog. As i own all Android devices i will stick to all access i think however (and its €2 cheaper).

I believe Xbox has 30 million songs compared to Spotify's and Google's 20 million

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

I signed up yesterday as I have an Xbox at home but I haven't tried the Android app yet. Am i right in saying that the PC version is only Windows 8 or Windows RT? I have Win 7 and an XP machine and cant seem to find it to get it on the PC.

Once I give it a few weeks (it has a 30 day free trial) I will post back on what I think of it.

BTW I find Google Music brilliant
    I have a shared Gmail account set up so everyone in the house can use our music library and I have signed up to the All Access trial so will asses once the 30 days comes up to see if we want to keep it. I have used the Radio function a bit and its been great so far.
    We loaded up 6000+ songs and some had crappy album art attached but I have gone in to the application and edited the covers of some of them and some details and now most of my collection looks stunning in the app both on a PC and Android.

It takes a while to go through all the album art but with my OCD for all things tech I will get there eventually!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭moonboy52

tui0hcg wrote: »
    I have Win 7 and an XP machine and cant seem to find it to get it on the PC.

Try http://music.xbox.com/

It is browser based like all access.

I actually deleted my 20,000 songs so i could tag them properly and attach a decent resolution image to every song. It is taking me awhile but Mp3Tag is a great piece of software.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Doooh!!

Found the web version here http://music.xbox.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Obskure

celticsfan wrote: »
    Yea Im the same bud,i thought i had it sorted when i got my app prices to appear in euros,only to go to the option to sub to all access and be presented with a £ symbol and and error message,done the same with $ and still showing as £7.99 when trying to sub.. So tonight i just got fed up and set my play account back to pounds so subbed for £7.99,tried spotify as well the past week but the app is just really poor..

Celticsfan, you could always use another gmail account and attach your Irish card to wallet that way. It'll get you the subscription for under €8. They Play Music app can be always signed in to the secondary gmail account with affecting any other aspect of your android experience

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

smee again wrote: »
    The thumbnails on your own music are uploaded from your own collection, if they're poor quality it's because that's the way they are. Uninstalling it after an hour means you didn't give it a chance, it's had lots of updates in the first few weeks. It's all I use now when out and about, it caches the last 100 played songs locally so you can play them anytime. It's a lovely polished app, miles better than the Spotify app.

Here here!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Engine No.9

smee again wrote: »

Would it be as good as TuneWiki, tho. This is my default player. I like the community aspect of this app.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭smee again

pajopearl wrote: »
    Would it be as good as TuneWiki, tho. This is my default player. I like the community aspect of this app.

Better, it offers much more, it's not just a player. It allows you upload 20,000 songs to the cloud to access from any device, anywhere, just login to your Google account in any browser and your music is there to stream/download. The radio function also mixes your own music with new music which (IMO) gives better random playlists. It's a Google app so already has Google+ social integration and music sharing with your Google contacts with Gmails.

Obskure wrote: »
    Celticsfan, you could always use another gmail account and attach your Irish card to wallet that way. It'll get you the subscription for under €8. They Play Music app can be always signed in to the secondary gmail account with affecting any other aspect of your android experience

Yea I never really thought of that to be honest,but i have a load of songs uploaded under my current gmail account,some of which might not currently be available on all access and dont want to be flicking between two accounts..Its only a couple of quid shur at the end of the day:D Thanks for your suggestion though mate!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Has anyone managed to get this set up with carrier billing from 3 ?
    I go into google wallet and into subscriptions but it only lists my credit cards there to change to.
    Tried on mobile, app says it's for US only so not sure what to do now. Would be very handy to get this paid using mobile credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

Ste- wrote: »
    Has anyone managed to get this set up with carrier billing from 3 ?

Tried that as well but no luck so far.

Edit, worked for me now.
    272750.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Tried that as well but no luck so far.

Edit, worked for me now.
    272750.png

I've already signed up with a credit card. Don't want to lose the 7.99 price. Haha. Just want to change to carrier billing.

Advertisement