Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ambulance

• 25-06-2012 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭ANGEM

hi all
    just wondering how or if I can find out what time an ambulance was called at and where it came from? is this possible?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭STANDCLEAR!!!

Call the ambulance control room in your area I guess.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Call the ambulance control room in your area I guess.........

Apologies if I state the obvious OP but be sure you don't dial 999 - you would be amazed how many people do so for routine information.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭ANGEM

hi thanks for the response it was called in lexlip will they give out the info ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭TylerIE

The HSE Ambulance Control Room number, they may be able to advise you on who to contact.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

Information regarding calls, times and where the ambulance came from will not be given out to members of the public.
    If you have a genuine reason relating to this call you must go through the proper channels and contact National Ambulance Service Headquarters, North Leinster Division, Phoenix Hall, Phoenix Park, Dublin 20.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,752 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Would that information not be in the hospital on the Patient's Care Report?

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

flazio wrote: »
    Would that information not be in the hospital on the Patient's Care Report?

Which is confidential once submitted and on which the operational details (times, dates etc.) are still property of the NAS and not for distribution to members of the public. As Bang Bang stated, must be requested through NAS HQ in Dublin or Millennium Park.

Hi sorry for the delay in replying the information regarding ambulance is not in the medical file should it be? We have his hospital chart it only says what time the incident occurred not the time ambulance was called or arrived. We have to pay €12 to Dublin city council and request info from Dublin fire chief. I will be posting off letter today and see what happens. Thank you for the help and advise its much appreciated

• ANGEM wrote: »
    Hi sorry for the delay in replying the information regarding ambulance is not in the medical file should it be? We have his hospital chart it only says what time the incident occurred not the time ambulance was called or arrived. We have to pay €12 to Dublin city council and request info from Dublin fire chief. I will be posting off letter today and see what happens. Thank you for the help and advise its much appreciated

What is the issue you are checking up on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Paulzx

ANGEM wrote: »

If the ambulance was called to an address in Leixlip there's not much point requesting the info from Dublin Fire Brigade as they will nearly defintely not have answrered the call. It is outside the area DFB covers. On very rare occasions when requested by NAS the DFB will answer a call in Leixlip but it would be pretty uncommon.

• Advertisement

Paulzx wrote: »

If the ambulance was called to an address in Leixlip there's not much point requesting the info from Dublin Fire Brigade as they will nearly defintely not have answrered the call. It is outside the area DFB covers. On very rare occasions when requested by NAS the DFB will answer a call in Leixlip but it would be pretty uncommon.

That's what the control room in Townsend st told us to do I did tell them it was leixlip so I'm assuming their right :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

That's what the control room in Townsend st told us to do I did tell them it was leixlip so I'm assuming their right :-)

The Control room is a shared NAS/DFB centre, confusing as it may sound it depends on whom you spoke with.
    As Paulzx stated Leixlip is outside of the DFB catchment area so would normally be dealt with by the NAS. I have also stated that correct channel (NAS) is to go through the North Leinster Division HQ in the Phoenix Park because that is where any sanctioning of disclosure of information comes from, it doesn't come directly from the Command & Control.

Bang Bang wrote: »

The Control room is a shared NAS/DFB centre, confusing as it may sound it depends on whom you spoke with.
    As Paulzx stated Leixlip is outside of the DFB catchment area so would normally be dealt with by the NAS. I have also stated that correct channel (NAS) is to go through the North Leinster Division HQ in the Phoenix Park because that is where any sanctioning of disclosure of information comes from, it doesn't come directly from the Command & Control.

Why do they make these things so complicated Thanks Bang Bang I'll find their number and ring before I do anything else thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 2 nasra

dfb will answer call, despite available resourses they will send a lorry from far afield too keep their call ratio up!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 nasra

cop on!

Advertisement