Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Slimming World

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭arandale

I also have a sweet tooth, i stew a few stalks of rhurbarb in 1/4 water and add pkt of sugarfree jelly and stir until its dissolved. When its cooled i add 1/2 of 1% fat free cottage cheese and fatfree yoghurt, i whizz them together and add cold water to bring it to 1pt. I use a pyrex jug. I keep this in the fridge and it lasts for 3 days approx. Its fantastic for when i need something sweet.

Use with free fruit as well. I hope this is ok as i'm fairly new to SW.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭robo

Hi arandale - yep my sister has something similar to that in her fridge for the sweet cravings!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

just check on the rhubarb , i know when cooking apples are cooked they have syns, something to do with sugars being released , so ask your leader to be sure:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

Stayed the same at WI last wednesday. Had a party on Saturday whick was my only blow out so hoping that this week will be a loss or at the very least stay the same.

The next few weeks have nothng major happening so should get a good run at it. Still really enjoying the plan and cooking lots and eating well. Saturday went waaay over SYNS but well within each other day.

Made a lush duck stir fry tonight, all free food. Smoked chicken salad for lunch was really tasty.

Thanks Whelan1, i forgot about the release of the sugar. I'm hoping as i spread it over a few days the syns are less.

Still learning. This is what i like about this site there is always who knows more. Thanks again.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭polly27

Hi all im finally back on track, was down 3 and a half this week, really happy with that as i worked really hard, going to keep it up now want to get that half stone next week and if not the week after, its such a great feeling to be down so all the hard work really does pay off, heres to next week,

well done to everyone on their great weight losses and for those who i struggling please dont give up, i was like that for a month but now im back on track i do not intend to go any other way but down on them scales :)

Nice one Polly! It does really work when you follow it!

Robo: thanks a million and well done you on getting your stone, you must be so happy, its brilliant, how long did it take you to reach the stone mark, im really hoping to get my first stone within the next 4 to 5 weeks i know i can do it just have to stay focused

polly27 wrote: »
    Robo: thanks a million and well done you on getting your stone, you must be so happy, its brilliant, how long did it take you to reach the stone mark, im really hoping to get my first stone within the next 4 to 5 weeks i know i can do it just have to stay focused
    Took me 11 weeks! Had 2 weeks of maintaining but was happy that I got my stone!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

Just back from class, lost 3.5lbs this week so a total loss of 10.5lbs in my first 3 weigh ins :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

That is great Dee. Am hoping to lose something this week - stayed the same last week (was expecting to be up) and was up 1/2lb the week before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Marleymo

Hi all going joining sw tomorrow really nervous about weigh in, gave up smoking 2 years ago and substituted ciggies for food lol,,, great to be able to share receipes and give support,

Hi Marleymo, welcome to our SW thread! Go with an open mind and a determined mind and you will be fine! I gave up cigarettes 9 years ago and piled on the weight. But hey if you have the strength to give them up, you have the strength to follow SW cos instead of giving up, you are substituting! Honestly, you can fill up on a lot of foods and you just have to be careful with others, that is where your syns come into play! But listen, go there and listen to the talk and remember everyone in that meeting was in the same boat as you when they started. And sure you know where we are here if you need any help or just support ;)

dee. wrote: »
    Just back from class, lost 3.5lbs this week so a total loss of 10.5lbs in my first 3 weigh ins :)

Wow Dee you are flying at it! That is great! You will have your first stone soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Hey guys! just poping into say hello!
    i'm back to SW after a disasterful few weeks diet wise when i knew that i needed to go back. i'm back to my starting weight again but this time doing it all from home and hoping to succeed. i've no excuse as its nearly summer and i need to do this for myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

Had my WI this evening and stayed the same which was ok as I had a loss every other week and after a party on Saturday was more than I really could have hoped for.

Aiming for a really good week. Have all my meals planned for the next 2 days and on Friday will sit down with the SW cooking books and decide on 5 dinners for next week, which will allow for one take away and a lunch out.

robo wrote: »
    Wow Dee you are flying at it! That is great! You will have your first stone soon!

Ahh I hope so! I upped my exercise last week and also did 3/4 red days which I think really helped. I'm a vegetarian so I just had things like quorn chicken fillets or mince on my red days. I feel 100x better when I'm not eating potatoes/rice/pasta every day too!

The funny thing is this week I ate more food than the previous weeks, also had a lot more syns..used 8+ every day and last week was around 4 a day...and I had a better loss! Makes me very happy.

Pound land/dealz opened here, went in today.. Great value on things like weight watchers wholemeal bread (heB) and velvet crunch crisps (4 syns a bag) they're both things I buy weekly and over a euro cheaper each than tesco. Also got some weight watchers chocolate which is 2 syns a serving, will have one of those when I crave chocolate! :)

Daisy M, hope you are ok, i miss you off the site and also your good advice and recipies. Keep in touch if you can. :confused:

Thanks robo, fingers crossed I'm on my way hopefully have a positive start really nervous what the scales are going to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Was up again this week even though I had a good week!!

• Advertisement

I weigh myself every morning to keep myself on track and for the last two days I'm up 3lbs even though I'm sticking to plan 100% and only using about 10 syns a day!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

You really shouldn't weigh yourself everyday as your body goes through constant changes and can easily be up a few pound some days.
    By weighing everyday and seeing these rises here and there it can throw you off and make you feel bad.

Even if you are doing it 100% your body is still getting used to you being on this healthier lifestyle can take few weeks even months for some folks bodies to adjust!:) The consultants in SW don't recommend you weigh everyday so maybe try and avoid it?

Need a little advice, i started sw on thurs so started the plan fri ok so i have studied the books and amazed at what u can actually eat, i hope iam following it correctly as it is the first week the consultant recommended that we all start on the extra easy can someone please tell me am i doing this right.
    Fri b'fast.....2 weetabix and the use of the daily milk allowance healthy A OPTION AND B.
    lunch.....2 slices of lean serve over the counter ham with loads of salad.
    dinner....lean steak 2 small baby potatoes with veg
    2 mullerlight yogurts, apple , orange.
    syns... 2 rich tea biscuits.
    oh i really hope this is right i feel like iam eating loads any advise would really be welcome thanks:confused:

Tatabubby i know exactly how you feel , i was back at week one weight wise 2 weeks ago after bad weeks, lost 3 and a half last week so was back on track, this week i am not looking forward to as its my time of the month and ive had a good bit of choc and stuff i shouldnt plus weather so bad didnt get out to exercise much , if i stay the same ill be happy

dont give up we all hit road blocks, will all be worth it when we get to goal :)

Hi all how how your week and weekend been, im not looking forward to weigh in tues, not that i was bad, just that its my time of month and i feel like a whale and had choc and other stuff i shouldnt have had, plus its been such bad weather all week i didnt get much exercise, im not saying i didnt go as it was raining its just im just over a really bad dose of flu and dont want it again, if i manage to stay the same this week ill be happy,

i agree with Tonituddle you should not weigh yourself every day as every day varies, i used to do it and had myself driven mad, like my scales at home could say im up 2 and i go to class and im down 2 so just stick by the scales in slimming world once a week

good luck everyone ,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Daisy M

arandale wrote: »
    Daisy M, hope you are ok, i miss you off the site and also your good advice and recipies. Keep in touch if you can. :confused:
    Ah thanks a million arandale:) I have had a mad few weeks and all my attempts this last couple of weeks have gone wrong. Anyway things have evened out and I did a big healthy shop today so I have no excuse, going to have a cooking blitz this week. I am now off to read all the many posts I have missed over the last while and I am sure I will be even more motivated!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

i only weigh once a week at sw, you will drive yourself mad weighing each day

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Marleymo wrote: »
    Need a little advice, i started sw on thurs so started the plan fri ok so i have studied the books and amazed at what u can actually eat, i hope iam following it correctly as it is the first week the consultant recommended that we all start on the extra easy can someone please tell me am i doing this right.
    Fri b'fast.....2 weetabix and the use of the daily milk allowance healthy A OPTION AND B.
    lunch.....2 slices of lean serve over the counter ham with loads of salad.
    dinner....lean steak 2 small baby potatoes with veg
    2 mullerlight yogurts, apple , orange.
    syns... 2 rich tea biscuits.
    oh i really hope this is right i feel like iam eating loads any advise would really be welcome thanks:confused:

That sounds ok! Are you drinking more water too?

You will find that you are eating alot more than normal but it's all good stuff so that's ok! :) It's finding the time to eat it all is the problem :pac:

Marley if you're doing extra easy you need to have 1/3 superfree with every meal including breakfast

• Advertisement

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    That sounds ok! Are you drinking more water too?

You will find that you are eating alot more than normal but it's all good stuff so that's ok! :) It's finding the time to eat it all is the problem :pac:

Thanks a mill, just find I'm eating loads, aim drinking loads of water and green tea, thankyouu both so much for the support

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement