Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

tench fishing bait

• 09-09-2011 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭jay tipperary

hi all

do anyone know whats the best bait for tench and rig setup for the grand canal area

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

hi all

do anyone know whats the best bait for tench and rig setup for the grand canal area

I don't fish for Tench but I've seen plenty of them caught on sweetcorn in the Grand Canal.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭jay tipperary

Bizzum wrote: »
    I don't fish for Tench but I've seen plenty of them caught on sweetcorn in the Grand Canal.

yeah i use corn for roach rudd bream but could never hook a tench with it i'll keep trying hopefully i'll land one :)

tight lines
    jay

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

I used to catch plenty of canal tench on good old red Maggots, have also had good success with casters

21/25

uch wrote: »
    I used to catch plenty of canal tench on good old red Maggots, have also had good success with casters

hi

yeah i use red maggots do you fish them on the bottom for tench

tight lines
    jay

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

hi

yeah i use red maggots do you fish them on the bottom for tench

tight lines
    jay

About three inches over depth jay, google "the Lift Method" and if the fish are there you'll catch some

21/25

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭ Brenda Tasteless Balloonist

god we all love pinky and the brain!

Its getting late for tench, the best baits for tench this time of year will be small baits like maggots and single corn. you might have to work your way through the roach before you get a tench though!

uch wrote: »
    About three inches over depth jay, google "the Lift Method" and if the fish are there you'll catch some

hi uch
    thanks for the info i'll google that so

tight lines
    jay

god we all love pinky and the brain!

Its getting late for tench, the best baits for tench this time of year will be small baits like maggots and single corn. you might have to work your way through the roach before you get a tench though!

ah ya cant beat pinky :) im outta maggots might give corn ago yeah the roach can be a pain ok if nothing biting i might give it ago tomorrow if the wind goes :)

tight lines

Advertisement