Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

driving in australia on 6-12 month visa

• 10-09-2012 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

hi just wondering about driving in oz.i dont have a irish license as it was revoked last year and i am just wondering would i be able to do test in oz when i move ther?your advice is much appreciated, thanks j.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Best thing to do is find the road authority website for the state you're going to land in and check their FAQs. if they require a declaration of having had a license revoked in another country it would be advisable to answer truthfully. If you do have a crash and they do a backround check and find you didn't declare everything then they will prosecute to the letter of the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭jim1989

fair play.good answer, ill do that now thanks.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Sorry to hijack the thread, but a quick question regarding this. I'm planning on going to Melbourne in a little under 6 months, and was thinking of doing some travelling along the coast on a motorbike. I don't have my license here yet however, and won't be able to get it in time.

Would i be better off waiting a few extra weeks and getting my full license here, or could i just apply for a fresh learner permit over there?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Kiith wrote: »
    Sorry to hijack the thread, but a quick question regarding this. I'm planning on going to Melbourne in a little under 6 months, and was thinking of doing some travelling along the coast on a motorbike. I don't have my license here yet however, and won't be able to get it in time.

Would i be better off waiting a few extra weeks and getting my full license here, or could i just apply for a fresh learner permit over there?
    Wait for full. You'll be restricted on a L plate here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Be very careful on the roads over here they just don't look out for bikes at all. I have nearly been killed a couple of times by other people just pulling out in front of me in their car. (Not that you don't get that at home too) The test to get your L's here in Victoria is really easy. You can pass it on a automatic scooter and the next day be driving a 250cc bike on the motorway at 100Kph. You have to have your L's 3 months before you can apply for your full licence here for the bike and that test isn't difficult either.

• Advertisement
Advertisement