Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Formula 1 2015: Round 9 - British GP

Options
  • 03-07-2015 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭

Time for a new race thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Rosberg fastest in both practice sessions today.

Has the luck at Monaco reawoken Rosbergs title challenge and given him the confidence to beat Hamilton? Either way it looks like something to look forward to in an other wise boring season so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

The problem the mercs seem to have is they don't seem to be able to overtake each other. Hamilton got stuck behind Rosberg so Rosbergs performance up to now has probably been on par with Hamilton despite never being able to get close to Hamilton during a race. Although part of me wonders is it just Mercedes policy to stay in position and avoid an on track battle between the cars. If that is the policy I think it will go out the window now that it's too close to call.

Qualifying between the Merc drivers has been to close to call, it could go either way. I'd still give Hamilton the advantage during the race despite Rosbergs excellent pass last race.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Hamilton is apparently unhappy with the car, and claimed he was going as fast said he could. Rosberg seems to have it sorted, though. I can't help but think that had both drivers been happy with the car Hamilton would be at Monday morning by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭christy c

Zcott wrote: »
    Hamilton is apparently unhappy with the car, and claimed he was going as fast said he could. Rosberg seems to have it sorted, though. I can't help but think that had both drivers been happy with the car Hamilton would be at Monday morning by now.

Rosberg said his car was all over the place too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

christy c wrote: »
    Rosberg said his car was all over the place too

Doesn't seem to have bothered him too much! I see Hamilton is also back to the previous clutch so he has no excuse for a poor start on Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

Rosberg is this generations enigma.
    He puts in dominant displays such as Austria '15 and Brazil '14 but hes just too inconsistent, eg Hungary '14 and Italy '14.
    He can put it up to Hamilton on his day but so did Jenson Button numerous times at McLaren.
    A very good driver alright but not championship material. Reminds me of other drivers Id put in that category ie Montoya, Coulthard and Frentzen. Jack of Spades the lot of them ( though I loved Heinz Harald).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,638 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Manor Marussia have their employees names on the sides of their cars this weekend:

mano-886x591.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭Terrontress

Rosberg is this generations enigma.
    He puts in dominant displays such as Austria '15 and Brazil '14 but hes just too inconsistent, eg Hungary '14 and Italy '14.
    He can put it up to Hamilton on his day but so did Jenson Button numerous times at McLaren.
    A very good driver alright but not championship material. Reminds me of other drivers Id put in that category ie Montoya, Coulthard and Frentzen. Jack of Spades the lot of them ( though I loved Heinz Harald).

Did Button not beat Hamilton over a season?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Jordan 191 wrote: »
    Manor Marussia have their employees names on the sides of their cars this weekend

Would have been nice to Jules Bianchi listed there, unless I missed it?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,557 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Alonso only got 6laps done in fp3. Rosberg had a leak from his gearbox but its sorted now. Torra Rossa cars looking very good were even faster than the Williams cars in this session. Hamilton fastest in p3.
    I think Hamilton will be fastest in Qualifying and will get p1. It is his race to lose as he has the home crowd there supporting him.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,957 ✭✭✭✭bnt

BBC1 Q coverage has started - they're talking to Nigel Mansell, who's a steward this weekend.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 30,025 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Sounds like Alonso probably wont make qualifying because of leak they can't find

Sounds like Alonso probably wont make qualifying because of leak they can't find

Pathetic.

Pathetic.

they'll send him out for a lap see if the car doesn't break down and then go for a lap if the car keeps running :D

they'll send him out for a lap see if the car doesn't break down and then go for a lap if the car keeps running :D

Called it! :p

Is there much point in doing all the early running so many are doing?

Very close between Williams and Ferrari so far

Rosberg looking fast for his last lap

Edit: Pole for Hamilton

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭CFlat

As a fan of Alonso I've only one thing to say about this afternoons qualifying at Silverstone, the gardeners have done a superb job cutting that grass around the track.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,957 ✭✭✭✭bnt

That was weird from Rosberg: his last lap was looking worthy of P1, but he visibly backed off. He's now saying the left front tire wasn't at its best. Hamilton dodged a German bullet to get P1.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 15,557 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

The Williams cars both looking good both faster than the two Ferrari,s. Kimi done good today nice to see him getting his mojo back. Hopefully we will get a good race tomorrow now. I think the two Force India,s should do good tomorrow as well and the Torra Rossa,s could do good to.
    Lewis good potentially make history tomorrow if he wins from pole as he would be the first person to do it at this track.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

Did Button not beat Hamilton over a season?
    Think he outscored him overall for their three seasons together. Apart from that, he was more than a match for him in variable conditions

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

bnt wrote: »
    That was weird from Rosberg: his last lap was looking worthy of P1, but he visibly backed off. He's now saying the left front tire wasn't at its best. Hamilton dodged a German bullet to get P1.

I think Massa is the only one who somehow improved in that last dash, everyone else was slower for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Just looking at weather radars and there is a chance for a sprinkle of rain coming from the south west.

UK weather radar

I watched the GP2 Sprint race this morning and thought Oliver Rowland was fantastic starting I think at 22nd and cutting his way through the field to finish 7th. What's more impressive is that it was his debut weekend in GP2. He is currently the championship leader in the Formula 3.5 series. One to watch out for!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭lolie

astrofluff wrote: »
    Just looking at weather radars and there is a chance for a sprinkle of rain coming from the south west.

Here's another radar that let's you zoom in closer.
    http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=radar;sess=

looks like it would be end of the race if that rain was to arrive, i wouldnt object too much to some rain

I think that Kimi might jump a place or two at the start. I can't see the order at the front 2 changing too much though. Its got to be Lewis's race to lose. I've a feeling a Ferrari might take third place on the podium.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

amazing start by massa

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Woah what happened there.

Unreal start by Massa. Unfortunate for Jenson and Grosjean.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Wow, go Massa!

Gutted for Jenson though and it looks like both Lotus cars are out!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Pathetic work from the director... showing nothing!

Advertisement