Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

3DS XL

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Kinski

See no reason to switch from my current one. It's big enough - any larger and the whole "fits in my pocket" thing would be compromised - so without a significantly better battery there's no point.

The reason there's no second slider is the same as the reason why there wasn't one on the 3DS in the first place: casuals look at a typical controller and see confusing clutter, and we can't be having that (surprised they built two into the WiiU pad, but then even Nintendo seem confused about which controller is the primary one for that system).

Tbh, it looks a bit ugly in the pic of it open.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Do you still have your original box and the receipt for the 3DS, if so get on to Nintendo and see if they are willing to help out.

No but wouldn't the 3ds be registered to my email etc when I opened up ambassadors account by visiting the ninty shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,571 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

SdoowSirhc wrote: »
    I don't know why but I feel a bit f#*ked over :P Really want one but there's no way I can pay for another basically same handheld except a bit too large to pocket. Would the bigger screen with same resolution not ruin the graphics, especially the 3D?

Yeah, i felt like nintendo had finally managed to piss me off by releasing a new version already. But then i saw the picture and dammit i want one. Will have to see how the bigger screen handles the graphics, but im considering trading in a console for the first time ever for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

I can just imagine the adverts for this when NSMB2 comes out - Mario eats the mushroom and you hear the dooee-DoEe-DWee sound - "And now the 3DS is twice as big, just like Mario, with the brand new 3DS-XL!"

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭jaydoxx

Wolverine you should be in advertising:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I can just imagine the adverts for this when NSMB2 comes out - Mario eats the mushroom and you hear the dooee-DoEe-DWee sound - "And now the 3DS is twice as big, just like Mario, with the brand new 3DS-XL!"

And then in the hurried & shush'ed voice...."ac adaptor sold seperately"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

any news on pricing I'd probably grab it if it was around 200 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭SdoowSirhc

EnterNow wrote: »
    And then in the hurried & shush'ed voice...."ac adaptor sold seperately"
    Please explain what that's all about :eek: Are we meant to buy a separate charger or what?:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

SdoowSirhc wrote: »
    Please explain what that's all about :eek: Are we meant to buy a separate charger or what?:o

Think Nintendo assume everyone has a Dsi/DsiXL/3DS charger lying around.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Nollog

ussjtrunks wrote: »
    any news on pricing I'd probably grab it if it was around 200 euro

In Europe, it's down to the retailers.
    Nintendo can't give a RRP anymore.
    Europe thinks it discourages competition.

Looks like it'll be 199.99(euro) in England, and 250 euro here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I swore I wouldn't go for one of these... then I put a 50 euro deposit on one in gamestop :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Kinski

cloud493 wrote: »
    I swore I wouldn't go for one of these... then I put a 50 euro deposit on one in gamestop :o

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQVyNES20NaIXRLJAqrBw8LMsX2CE3DT3Yru2P7V8TzoZFOsiOR

GTR63 wrote: »
    Think Nintendo assume everyone has a Dsi/DsiXL/3DS charger lying around.

You mean someone, somewhere in europe doesn't?:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

jaydoxx wrote: »
    You mean someone, somewhere in europe doesn't?:eek:

tbf someone with a DS lite might say now is the time to jump and be shocked his old charger doesn't work on a 3DS.

Anyone get a definitive price on this??

Anyone think I should hold out for the 3ds xl über?? 3ds xl with second analogue :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

So why have Ninty(again) said Europe retail can decide what the price shall be?
    Didnt they do the same thing last year on release and it was priced way too high (€250) hence the price cut.

I will not be getting this if its over €180 due to no CPP which I have already just to play revelations.

Who am I kidding, I'm getting a 3dsxl either way.

So why have Ninty(again) said Europe retail can decide what the price shall be?
    Didnt they do the same thing last year on release and it was priced way too high (€250) hence the price cut.

I will not be getting this if its over €180 due to no CPP which I have already just to play revelations.

Who am I kidding, I'm getting a 3dsxl either way.

RRP is illegal by EU law on Electronics now.
    Not sure how Sony and other companies get away with it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

/\/ollog wrote: »
    RRP is illegal by EU law on Electronics now.
    Not sure how Sony and other companies get away with it though.

"suggested" retail price.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

ShaneU wrote: »

Exactly what I was going to say. SRP instead of RRP.

GameStop in newbridge told me today GameStop have it listed for 220 euro and that will be minimum price for it. Only way price will change is it could rise above 220 ffs ninty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,785 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Apparently the cheapest UK price so far is Gamestop with £167.97

ShaneU wrote: »

Suggested and Recommended.
    Both are illegal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

wow did I have a lucky escape, the night before this was announced I was on amazon.co.uk and very very nearly bought a 3DS, thinking to myself that there is no way they will announce a new version now. I wake up the next mornign and lo and behold...

if there was a 2nd slider I'd be going for this all the way but seeing as there isn't I'm now wondering if the price on the regular one is going to drop at all, because if so that would earn my money straight away.

wow did I have a lucky escape, the night before this was announced I was on amazon.co.uk and very very nearly bought a 3DS, thinking to myself that there is no way they will announce a new version now. I wake up the next mornign and lo and behold...

if there was a 2nd slider I'd be going for this all the way but seeing as there isn't I'm now wondering if the price on the regular one is going to drop at all, because if so that would earn my money straight away.

GameStop used 3ds 129 euro or at least 220 for the xl!! Thinking getting a used one and few games tbh

Does anybody know of any future games that are gonna utilize the second slide pad? I feel bad for all the poor lefties:O

Its not like the XL is the step up, its just bigger. May as well get the normal one.

cloud493 wrote: »
    Its not like the XL is the step up, its just bigger. May as well get the normal one.

That's what I'm thinking tbh!! Plus the colours are poxy looking

Yeah, my black 3DS is doing me fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

I don't see the point of this 3ds to tell the truth

Like I have only turned on mine once this year to play pokemon gold

Considering my vita is used every day an I enjoy the vita a its so much Easyer to play for long play times as the 3ds hurts my hands after 30mins of play no I wi not be buying a 3DS XL

• Advertisement

jaydoxx wrote: »
    Does anybody know of any future games that are gonna utilize the second slide pad? I feel bad for all the poor lefties:O

kingdom hearts.

Advertisement