Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Night Life

• 14-11-2014 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

planning to go down to cork in early january with about a group of 30 guys and girls all 18/19.. what are the best clubs to go to?...

also what fun things are there to do down there like paint ball and go karting or some team bonding activities?

also any recommendations for hotels?

thanks,
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Very little choice for your age group during the weekend in Cork, unfortunately.

The only clubs that cater to the under 21's at weekends are The Savoy (which imo is very rough and full of underaged people) and possibly The Holy Cow, which is hit and miss. Unfortunately the good venues (Havanas, Voodoo Rooms, The Bowery, etc.) are all 23+ on weekends. I would choose The Holy Cow as the better option of the two.

As for hotels, The Maldron, The Metropole and Isaac's are all very central and reasonably priced. You wouldn't need taxis if you were to opt to stay there. Jury's, The Clarion and The Imperial are beautiful and also very central but much pricier, which isn't practical if you are going for a cheap and cheerful option.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

A group that size aged 18/19, I'd advise anywhere else, there are very few bars ye will get served in in cork city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

don't show up to places as a giant group is the one tip I can give you!

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

Savoy is not really that rough considering the size of the place,Would probably be the best option given your ages and the size of the group.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 fortjames

The problem is young lads misbehave and do not show respect at times. I am not blaming you but this is the general look you observe when walking in the city let alone getting into a club, which is a real deal. I will still recommend Savoy as it is big enough for you all 30:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭rorrissey

I think Holy Cow might actually be 21+ on the weekend, so unless you want to go to Savoy, maybe you'd be better off going pubbing rather than clubbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,703 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

If its activities you want think you'll have to have transport and get out of the city to do those. Little Island has carting you'll prob have to go further afield again for paintball.

Advertisement