Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

phasers wrote: »
    No they aren't.

If you read the thread you'll see a ton of people who have gotten their vouchers.

Then why have they offered me three times and owe me about 500 euro and none recieved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Pick amazon vouchers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Ruby_Woo

caseyann wrote: »
    Then why have they offered me three times and owe me about 500 euro and none recieved.

E500??? For reals?!

Jeez I've been with them about 3 years and have only amassed about 70 quids worth of vouchers, and I do every survey that comes along, how on earth did you manage to get E500??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Ruby_Woo wrote: »
    E500??? For reals?!

Jeez I've been with them about 3 years and have only amassed about 70 quids worth of vouchers, and I do every survey that comes along, how on earth did you manage to get E500??

About that offer of 20 euro a survey i got and told me to open paypal account,so i did.And not a red cent so i quit and blocked them.
    And not a single voucher came through the door either :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Are you sure that it was Irish Opinions? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 nic79

i only joined 2 months ago and have already received a 10e tesco voucher and have enough for another one just need to order it and will have 1.50 left over for the next round.

def not a scam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Whatever about the voucher scam,

What worries me is that when I sign up: first they want my address, then I get asked some casual questions pertaining to how many people live at the address, what they are engaged in employed/unemployed/student, followed by what is the household income, are there any dogs or other pets, and next I kid you not, but a checklist of what consumer electronics you have in your household!!!

I thought the next question was going to be Do you have an alarm?

The secret is to create fake profiles to rake in the cash. Never give them any real details.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Just to point out that Boards does not condone the kind of activity mentioned above.

I'd be pretty sure that there is something in their T&Cs about that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

my problem is the amount of surveys they send and then say youre not eligible for even if you lie and put in the answers you should or that the closer you get to 10 quid the longer they take to add it to your balance. im holding out on buying some stuff from amazon until they give me my latest voucher!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

Any other Google Chrome users having trouble with their surveys? I'm finding that I can't scroll down to see lower down questions in Chrome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

I,ve stopped doing them because it really annoys me when you fill out out loads of answers only to be told they have enough, when really you have completed a survey for free

Indeed, I only recently did a survery where it got to the end only to tell me I was not eligible. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭gramlab

I got a message saying there were "inconsistencies" in my surveys and my account was suspended. No reply to emails so I just gave up on them.

Getting half way through a survey only to be told you were not eligible seemed to be happening with increasing frequency - free info for them:rolleyes:

gramlab wrote: »
    I got a message saying there were "inconsistencies" in my surveys and my account was suspended.
    I guess they are tightening up their analysis to stop people just clicking anything to get through the surveys quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 greenlunchbox

hey, just joined irishopinions and the "hot topics" option mentioned in FAQ doesn't seem to be showing up anywhere on the site for me. also the "take a quick poll" option is just showing me the result of a poll rather than letting me take it. anyone know if this is this a glitch or am i missing something? thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

I guess they are tightening up their analysis to stop people just clicking anything to get through the surveys quickly.

Had the same thing myself, just sent them a mail and got this response

Dear Irish Opinions Member
    Please do not worry. The automated security system blocked you inadvertently.
    I have reset your account so you should no longer be blocked from doing surveys.
    Kind regards

• Registered Users Posts: 20 smileybee

By that I mean a real live person in Irish Opinions? I've been having technical issues doing a survey for them but they aren't answering any questions I send them through the "contact us" form on their site.

I'm really annoyed as I spent a week doing the survey, and a week contacting them for help and I've been ignored - they essentially have my answers, but aren't paying for them.

thanks

S

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Jessica Fletcher

Have you already emailed back the address the surveys come from? I've had a reply in the past from that one (sorry don't have the actual address as I delete them after completing)

Also any chance you're using Google Chrome? I've had technical problems with that lately, keep meaning to open the surveys in IE instead but I forget til I'm 95% through and stuck :mad:

Also any chance you're using Google Chrome? I've had technical problems with that lately, keep meaning to open the surveys in IE instead but I forget til I'm 95% through and stuck :mad:

Snap - I tried telling them about the problems in Chrome, and they fobbed me off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 smileybee

Thanks Jessica, SerialComplaint,

I've tried replying to the email, using the contact form, even emailing a UK company that was working on the survey with them - no response from anyone. Really annoyed cos not only do I not get the €4.50 for the survey (it was a week long survey) but they actually charged me money for supposedly free texts. I think I'd accept all that if they'd get in touch and say "Sorry - it was a technical error and you're not getting any money", it's the fact that they can't be bothered responding to over 5 emails (most sent when the survey was still active) that annoys me most.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭bk109

You sure it's a Chrome issue and not one of the external components - ie Java or Flash that's giving you grief,because the only time I've gotten a crash doing those surveys was when Java seized up

On a side note - does anyone know if the Tesco gift-cards they send out can be used at tesco.ie/groceries or just in-store?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

I just got them to send out my first 10 euro voucher a few days ago, hasn't arrived yet though.

I used to work doing telephone market research, and the first few questions are "screen out questions". Each survey will have certain quotas assigned to it e.g. if they want 250 responses in total, maybe they want 50 in the age range 18-24, 50 in 25-30, 50 in 30-35 etc. As well as that the company will usually want to speak to e.g. 125 people who use their product, and 125 people who don't use their product. As well as that there's all sorts of other quotas such as they want to speak to people who use X and Y but not Z... Another common quota is the social status of the household, A, B, C1, C2, D, E or F.

It can be quite complex for each survey, so the first questions are just to see if you fit in to what they're looking for. It's not like someone suggested, that the first few Qs are the real info.

I understand that , however they get you to answer approx 20 long winded questions and then tell you , you dont qualify

bk109 wrote: »
    You sure it's a Chrome issue and not one of the external components - ie Java or Flash that's giving you grief,because the only time I've gotten a crash doing those surveys was when Java seized up

All I know is it started happening when I switched to Chrome. I'm not going to change my default browser just to do their survey, so if it hangs, it hangs. I was really pissed that they didn't pass on details to the developers at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 3beanzz

What I found far more disturbing were the questions I had to answer in the 1st survey. It questioned how much money was made in our household and how much expensive and technological equipment we owned in the house. The website having my address seriously disturbed me when I realised the questions were not asking for opinions.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

3beanzz wrote: »
    What I found far more disturbing were the questions I had to answer in the 1st survey. It questioned how much money was made in our household and how much expensive and technological equipment we owned in the house. The website having my address seriously disturbed me when I realised the questions were not asking for opinions.
    Just give fake answers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

3beanzz wrote: »
    They ask them question's so they can give you appropriate surveys and as for them having your address they need that so they can send you your rewards.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 3beanzz

lucyfur09 wrote: »
    They ask them question's so they can give you appropriate surveys and as for them having your address they need that so they can send you your rewards.

I know that but read the privacy settings to see that "In some circumstances Research Now may be required by law to share sensitive personal data about you to a third party."

"Research Now ensures that it is permitted to process your personal data."

"Personal data are:

any data from which the identity of a living individual can be determined, either by itself or with other data processed by data controller;
    any information such as name and address, email address, telephone number and general contact details, personal data includes images on film (e.g. CCTV images), photographs and telephone voice recordings."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

Hi, I was just wondering if any of you can recommend any reputable survey sites. I'd like if the site rewarded with vouchers because I don't like money transfer over the internet (my mother doesn't like me using her card). I've signed to Irish Opinions, but I've heard it's <SNIP>. Is it reputable, or do they forever say "You don't match the desired criteria".

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Threads merged

dudara

Advertisement