Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

076 numbers - How much to call one?

• 06-09-2005 7:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭

Does anyone know What rate do other networks charge to call 076 numbers?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

They are charged at national call rates I believe.

Contact the networks I suppose.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

4.92c per minute Peak and 1.26c per minute Off Peak.
    not bad really,

Obviously this will be different on mobiles depending on who your provider is, but landline to 076 is the above :)

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

i believe 0766 will be treated as a landline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

JNive wrote:
    i believe 0766 will be treated as a landline.

0766 will cost no more than a local call, even when called from a regular landline. From a mobile, it's like calling any other Irish number, eg 01 or 091.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭shabbyroad

so does that mean if I have a call-plan that includes 'free' calls to landlines that 0766 numbers will be included in that plan ?

• Advertisement

shabbyroad wrote:
    so does that mean if I have a call-plan that includes 'free' calls to landlines that 0766 numbers will be included in that plan ?

I think Eircon and other fixed providers will charge you national rates (not included). Other VOIP providers will probably make them free anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Newshound

Can you call these numbers from Eircon phones?
    I can call mine from my mobile, but get an engaged tone when i call it from my Eircon phone

Newshound wrote:
    Can you call these numbers from Eircon phones?
    I can call mine from my mobile, but get an engaged tone when i call it from my Eircon phone

Yeah you can. I tested it and it worked.

Definitely not working with my Eircom phone.
    called blueface and they said to call eircom about it so thats what i'll do

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Newshound wrote:
    Definitely not working with my Eircom phone.
    called blueface and they said to call eircom about it so thats what i'll do

Lets us know how you get on, I'm sure they'll be totally confused if you mention:
    076 - "Eircom: that dialing code does not exist in Ireland, what country are you calling?"
    &
    VoIP "Eircom: whats that now?" :p
    ;)

• Advertisement

Cabaal wrote:
    Lets us know how you get on, I'm sure they'll be totally confused if you mention:
    076 - "Eircom: that dialing code does not exist in Ireland, what country are you calling?"
    &
    VoIP "Eircom: whats that now?" :p
    ;)

You were so right.
    I got transferred to 3 people then finally i was told to contact blueface.
    I hung up and tried again and the 2nd person set they would sort it out.
    I live in hope

Newshound wrote:
    You were so right.
    I got transferred to 3 people then finally i was told to contact blueface.
    I hung up and tried again and the 2nd person set they would sort it out.
    I live in hope

Not very surprising,
    I'm guessing part of the agent "sorting it out" entails them hanging up on you and taking the next call in the Q and also forgetting about your problem. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,040 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Sorry for dragging up a really old thread but I was just playing a game on my iphone and I hit off one of ads on the bottom of the game (got a bit giddy dropping bombs on tanks), anyway,
    Phone dialed out a number 076 606 0743 Hung up straight away when I heard the word partyline ( I honestly thought it was an incoming call)

Trouble is now i've started getting texts from "roisin" who's looking for some monkey lovin, any idea how much these texts are costing?, called my operator and they couldn't tell me until my bill is generated and they can't stop them.

Company sending them is called, mytext. I've texted stop so hoping that's going to work.

grrr can't believe I got caught like this:mad: feckin iphone, come back nokia all is forgiven:)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Phone dialed out a number 076 606 0743 Hung up straight away when I heard the word partyline ( I honestly thought it was an incoming call)

I was not aware that the 076 numbers were available to such users ....

Is there somewhere to get a listing of what some of the 076 number may be used for ?

Advertisement