Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Crash, martineatworld, seemoonlight, Mc Love, Keith16, Richie01 and Feeder...

ye guys all still on for this tournament ya??

ye all getting the game this weekend?

I have a question for ye - how long do ye think we should wait before we kick this off (to give people a chance to practice etc)? 1 week?

also should we used balanced or unbalanced teams? Or both (2 tournaments)?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

As soon as I can get my hands on it and if time (OH) and work permits me to play I will play

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

mystic86 wrote: »
    Crash, martineatworld, seemoonlight, Mc Love, Keith16, Richie01 and Feeder...

ye guys all still on for this tournament ya??

ye all getting the game this weekend?

I have a question for ye - how long do ye think we should wait before we kick this off (to give people a chance to practice etc)? 1 week?

also should we used balanced or unbalanced teams? Or both (2 tournaments)?

Are ye on Xbox or PS3?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

im on ps3 id take montpellier

Are ye on Xbox or PS3?

ps3 league

• Advertisement

manafana wrote: »
    im on ps3 id take montpellier

cool

Mc Love wrote: »
    As soon as I can get my hands on it and if time (OH) and work permits me to play I will play

hmmm, i need something more definate than that tbh, want to get this going in about a weeks time

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

You can add me PSN: marvsins I'll be picking it up tomorrow lunch time

Ok cool please pick a team or two from the list

• Registered Users Posts: 11 JL Pagano

Anyone have a price point for this game please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

mystic86 wrote: »
    Ok cool please pick a team or two from the list

I'll take Edinburgh if it's still available! Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

49.99 in gamestop, went for it as least they been pushing the launch of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 JL Pagano

manafana wrote: »
    49.99 in gamestop, went for it as least they been pushing the launch of it.

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

How are ye finding it? :-p

Happy enough with the overall gameplay but I have to admit I'm less than impressed with the kicking game. It's hard to find your outhalf and when I do he's not deep enough to kick.
    Maybe I'm doing it wrong but has anyone got any tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Happy enough with the overall gameplay but I have to admit I'm less than impressed with the kicking game. It's hard to find your outhalf and when I do he's not deep enough to kick.

both pass buttons at the same time is a pass to playmaker. Very helpful

Pudsy33 wrote: »

Really? I didn't bother with the instructions, so how do you know which way the pass will go (left/right)?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Pudsy33 wrote: »

Really? I didn't bother with the instructions, so how do you know which way the pass will go (left/right)?

Yep. It will just go to the outhalf, or another suitably placed back, wherever he is.

Also not finding the kicking game great, having played a few matches, the ruck situation leaves a little to be desired too, the game needs tweaks there.
    The scrum is a great feature. Also I think when you are place kicking the frequency of the kicking bar should be slower, or maybe i need more practice :D

EDIT: My ps3 name is: sparkysrovers, add me and I can play whenever you are online

Ha! Flannery is a feckin speedster!

he is indeed :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Pearses1

where did ye buy it lads? checked xtra vision and tesco earlier and no sign

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

Pearses1 wrote: »
    where did ye buy it lads? checked xtra vision and tesco earlier and no sign

Xtravision don't seem to have it, I got mine in Gamestop.

gooch2k9 wrote: »
    Xtravision don't seem to have it, I got mine in Gamestop.

+1 for Gamestop too

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Pearses1

Cheers Fellas. How much was it and are ye happy with it? its not easy like RWC 11 is it?

Pearses1 wrote: »
    Cheers Fellas. How much was it and are ye happy with it? its not easy like RWC 11 is it?
    50 quid, its tough, just played first two games online, got hammered in first game, then won my 2nd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mgall52

Any body know how to edit the international teams cant get any of the irish players into the irish team

mgall52 wrote: »
    Any body know how to edit the international teams cant get any of the irish players into the irish team

Just change the names manually.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,291 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Mc Love wrote: »
    Also not finding the kicking game great, having played a few matches, the ruck situation leaves a little to be desired too, the game needs tweaks there.
    The scrum is a great feature. Also I think when you are place kicking the frequency of the kicking bar should be slower, or maybe i need more practice :D

EDIT: My ps3 name is: sparkysrovers, add me and I can play whenever you are online

Kicking is worth persevering with. I'd had the game for a couple of weeks through ebay and at first every time I tried to kick to the corner the full-back gobbled it up but after a while I was able to ping some lovely kicks right into the corner that just bounced into touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭doccy

Yeah I'm with you on the kicking game. I reckon this is because its based on a mix of SH running game and the developers history of League rugby games. Also if you do it right you can pretty much make a drop goal running onto a pass???

Commentary is terrible and graphics aren't as good as I hoped either.

BUT... the more I play it, the more the subtleties come to the fore. The people who made this game are rugby people, and I'm still in shock that I can play a REAL rugby game on the xbox. Even with the few cons, I'm stoked that I own this game

• Advertisement

Very frustrated now with this game, cant dive into try area, instead you are held up and pushed into dead ball zone. Also the breakdown is a bit of shambles, no matter what you do, you never know if you are going to get the ball or not even if you have committed more men to the ruck than the other team, I mean Munster pushed off the ball by the likes of Treviso & Leinster

Now as I frustrated at present, its still much better than RWC game!

Also tried playing a match online with a fellow boardsie and it wouldnt work, we tried sending each other invites and when you accept you are either waiting for the other person to join or you see the other persons name where your name should be under the team you selected.
    I only managed to have two games online because it kept saying the game was full - pretty ridiculous
    While I am thankful that we have an actual rugby game to play, i think if they make a new one next year there will have to be a good few improvements

Advertisement