Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Has anyone else come across this??

Options
  • 14-10-2007 12:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has come across a Skoda Superb doing the rounds in the midlands and around the Red Cow? Is it a cop car or is it a fool with strobe lights pretending to be the old bill?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Longrangedriver

bbability wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone has come across a Skoda Superb doing the rounds in the midlands and around the Red Cow? Is it a cop car or is it a fool with strobe lights pretending to be the old bill?

Probably the later. I was on way home to Carbury, one evening last week, and while cruising along an oncoming car flashed me, warning of cops. Got to Allenwood and there was an 03 Mondeo with blue LED's in rear over reg, and over bumper on front. When I seen this I nearly p!ssed myself, first of all it wasn't a Garda car, and the 3 clowns in side were probably stoned out of it and they were probably more worried about me in a blue Mondeo. I was telling the oulfellow, & he was saying he gets a pain in his face pulling them in. There are a lot of fools in the country with blue cheapo Xenon's and LED's etc making themselves look like the Garda.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

There are a lot of fools in the country with blue cheapo Xenon's and LED's etc making themselves look like the Garda.

any idea why?

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Longrangedriver

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    any idea why?

If I were them I'd be trying to keep as much notice of me, instead of trying to attract attention. Too many cops watching D12 born gangsters in and around my parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭BrianD3

The cops have a large variety of unmarked cars these days. Everything from Corollas to Ocatvias to A6s, Forresters and BMWs and lots of others. While there are a lot of idiot boyracers going around with blue sidelights etc. if you saw blue strobes on a Superb it is highly likely to be a Garda car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

They weren't Xenon headlights or blue lights or anything of the sort. They were flashing headlights with a very low sounding siren. The reason I've mentioned it is because a mate of mine was heading to Galway recently and had a similar experience. He drove behind a car barely doing the speed limit on an open stretch of road. He overtook said vehicle. About 5 minutes later the same vehicle overtook him with similar traits to the above. A couple of minutes later my pal is behind the same vehicle again and driving slow. Is this a comon thing to happen on our roads? Is there a pack of jokers out there pretending to be Tony Stamp or what??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

bbability wrote: »

Did it have a Dublin reg? Boys in blue are all Dub reg'd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Tipsy Mac wrote: »
    Did it have a Dublin reg? Boys in blue are all Dub reg'd.

Thats not true, theres uncover cars going around Cork and the C and KY Reg's

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

If it's not Gards, can I ask what the going rate before a Judge is, for impersonating Gards? I'd imagine hefty, no :confused:

Advertisement