Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Music

• 22-10-2014 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

I'm currently looking for someone to play at our wedding reception. We found someone we really like, today he got back to us with a quote for €500 for him to play for 2 hours. What does everyone think of this price? I have mailed some other acts too but I've had no replies yet so I'm totally clueless with prices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,175 ✭✭✭✭fits

That's a decent enough price i think... especially if he is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭clint_silver

I'm currently looking for someone to play at our wedding reception. We found someone we really like, today he got back to us with a quote for €500 for him to play for 2 hours. What does everyone think of this price? I have mailed some other acts too but I've had no replies yet so I'm totally clueless with prices etc.

That's the rate for someone decent alright but if you really want them I'd imagine there's a bit of haggle room built into that, if it's a high season date though he can afford to stick to his price as he knows someone else will book him. 2 hours is a bit low I would have thought for a 1 man thing.

Try and make phone calls, as I've said elsewhere musicians are notoriously bad at customer service you may be waiting days for email replies.

Advertisement