Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

what the wire actors did next...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

Brian Anthony Wilson who plays Vernon Holley in the Wire, plays a detective in the new-ish movie Limitless.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

Cutty is on an episode of The Good Wife right now on RTE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Cecil Mor

Presbo was arrested by Magnum's Daughter in Blue Bloods last Tuesday night.

Ziggy is in the bank heist gang in Denzil Washinton's heist movie Inside Man.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭MacStacked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

She already had that path well worn before she joined the cast of The Wire.

• Advertisement

Idris Elba recording artist, here's the video for his song Private Garden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Mrs McNulty is in Necessary Roughness, a new drama this summer about playing a shrink helping sports people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Dominic West's new show where he plays serial killer Fred West is currently airing on ITV.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

I know this thread is for where are they now, but I was watching the Tom Hanks movie, 'The Money Pit' last night, and a couple of actors took me by surprise:

DSCF3436.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,134 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Watched a pretty good film called Win Win the other night, Amy Ryan was in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭mailforkev

There's a new ABC comedy called Suburgatory and Randy is a high school kid in it.

Also, Ziggy Sobotka was in How to make it in America last week.

Was a busy Wire spotting week.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,134 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Searched the thread at didn't see this anywhaere so sorry if posted already.

But Michael K Williams/Omar has a blink and you miss it part in THe Incredible Hulk:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

so having finished the Wire, I decided to go back to Third Watch and in Episode 1 Bodie is the guy being chased by Bosco in the very first scene, Episode 2 Bubbles shows up as a CI for Sully!!!

Ep 3 of Third Watch has Cutty and Rhonda! it's a scream, it's like a who's who of The Wire

Ep 7 Third Watch - Reggie (Clay Davis) beating nine kinds of sugar of his car with a baseball bat...............shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttt ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭sixpack's little hat

Wallace is one of the main characters in Chronicle though I must admit I hadn't recognised him until I read it

• Registered Users Posts: 33,219 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Wallace is one of the main characters in Chronicle though I must admit I hadn't recognised him until I read it

I knew it was him going into the film, but would have found it hard to recognise him myself. When I saw him though, all I could think was "Where's Wallace? Where the f*ck is Wallace? Huh? String? Where Wallace at?" :D

Definitely knew it was him when you see pictures of him where he was younger, he has the hair and stuff. He was actually pretty good in that film too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,063 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Penn wrote: »
    I knew it was him going into the film, but would have found it hard to recognise him myself. When I saw him though, all I could think was "Where's Wallace? Where the f*ck is Wallace? Huh? String? Where Wallace at?" :D

Definitely knew it was him when you see pictures of him where he was younger, he has the hair and stuff. He was actually pretty good in that film too.

He was in the last 2 seasons of Friday Night Lights too which I watched recently and someone who hadn't seen it said to me he heard Wallace from the Wire was in it and I had to check and it was true, didn't have a clue it was him, he looks much different alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Old news, but I love how Michael K Williams (Omar) plays Chalky White in Boardwalk Empire.

My first reaction when I saw him the first time was "OMFG OMAR!", but he's in no danger whatsoever of being typecast as Omar. How he's been playing Chalky has really impressed me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Wallace was Patient of the Week on House last night. Also, Billy Connolly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

Omar's all up in off the wall comedy 'Community' playing a long term convict turned self thought professor of biology...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

Dominic West will be in upcoming Martian science fiction film John Carter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

Isiah Withlock (Clay Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit Davis) is in a movie called Cedar Rapids. A pretty good movie if you can get past the first half hour the laughs come then and you get a good few loud out loud moments. I nearly turned it off as I thought it was crap at the start but Im glad I didnt. John C Reilly when he appears is just brilliant as the obnoxious salesman that a lot of us know!! Well worth a view.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,332 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Tommy Carcetti (AKA Dub Aiden Gillen) fronting up RTE msic show Different Rooms last week

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Klim

Micheal K Williams (Omar) is to play the rapper ODB from the Wu Tang clan in a film.

http://filmdrunk.uproxx.com/2012/03/old-dirty-bastard-biopic-to-star-omar-from-the-wire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭con1421

Tommy Carcetti (Aidan Gillen) played John Boy Power in season 1 + 2 of Love/Hate

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

con1421 wrote: »
    Tommy Carcetti (Aidan Gillen) played John Boy Power in season 1 + 2 of Love/Hate

Did you just get your hottub time machine fixed?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Eimear811

Bunk showed up in Suits lately as Rachel's father. They had some nice references to the Wire in that episode too. Nick Sobotka (Pablo Schreiber) plays a pervy prison guard in Orange is the New Black. Also McNulty is the baddie in the second Johnny English movie!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Michael K Williams has a small part in 12 Years A Slave. Also, for any Mad Men fans, Bryan Batt (Salvator Romano) is in it too.

Advertisement