Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

No darts club? *shocker*

• 11-07-2009 8:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭

I was just going through the societies and sports page on the UCC website when I noticed something:

There is no darts club :eek:

It got me thinking. Are there enough people in UCC who'd like to set up a darts club? I'm going to UCC in September and wouldn't mind setting one up, if it's not too difficult.

I mean, if there was one, we could "practise" in a pub on a Saturday night. :p

And then every so often have a tournament. I mean, surely there's some building in UCC that can accomodate for a few dartboards to be hung up. It could be €5 per entry for 64 players. That's €320. Have the winner receive €100 and the rest go into some funding.

What do others think?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Im up for that if you get it going but if that fails im living locally and we have a good dart team....You can go there.Sunday and monday nights!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

nice :D

is it a pub you're with?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

You'd be doin well to get 64 students to turn up to any kind of tournament.

The old bar has a darts board alright, and its in the room off the main bar so you'd have no problem getting it.

As for setting up, thats not too difficult. The only tough part is getting a number of signatures of people who want the club, to justify setting it up

Yeah pub team.Had an A team and B team but due to lack of attendance B team was Cut out.

shezer wrote: »
    Yeah pub team.Had an A team and B team but due to lack of attendance B team was Cut out.

Well I'll definately have a look into it. Is the standard any good?

• Advertisement

Are your double off and out good?What are you averaging once your off?Hopefully we get our own team going.pm me when your getting it started

shezer wrote: »
    Are your double off and out good?What are you averaging once your off?Hopefully we get our own team going.pm me when your getting it started

Well if I don't get D14 in 3 darts it's a big surprise. That is my double :pac:.

When I was playing with the Cork youth team just over a year ago I could average mid 60 which would mean I could finish a game in about 23 - 25 darts. But then I gave it up for a few months because of the Leaving Cert. I'm starting to get back into it now for the last 2 weeks so I hope to be playing well again, even better than I was, by Christmas.

I'll let you know if I get anything going in UCC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭greg-h

x43r0 wrote: »
    As for setting up, thats not too difficult. The only tough part is getting a number of signatures of people who want the club, to justify setting it up

The Club Exec (unlike the poxy guild) doesn't worry itself about such matters...All you have to do is go down to the Sports and Recreation office and ask them for a copy of a constitution-write "darts" on it and hope joint board don't throw a fit.

Getting a club going is down to the people that want to get it going...and not the paperwork involved with a society. Other clubs that people should be looking at are 1) Go-Kart club 2) Paintball club 3) Target shooting club (one in TCD) 4) Archery 5) Cycling/ triathlon club.

Personally think #1,2,4 and 5 would be massive if the rite people got involved.

I would be interested in 1-4 of the above...hope they go ahead

I'd love to see an archery club.

• Advertisement

Arrows flying all over the place on campus.....ha ha.I can see them stuck into walls and books

Advertisement