Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pregnancy No 4

• 11-12-2008 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭

I found out last week that i was pregnant, well i felt strange for a bit as i was saying here two weeks ago, we were having tests due to the miscarriages ive had so we put babymaking on hold for a bit, therefore when my period was late it was a bit of a shock. So last week i did a test and found out i was pregnant, told my boyfriend and he was over the moon, but very cautious. Very next morning got up and had a bleed, i presumed this was me miscarrying again so i told my boyfriend and we agreed to try to get on with things as best we could. Next morning again a little bleed and for the rest of the week. There have been no pains accompanying the little bleed, ive been waiting all week for the pains to come and the heavy bleed but no such luck. I rang my doctor today for an appt tomor, i really dont want to go through all this again. Just wondering have any of you ladies ever went through anything like this which resulted in a healthy birth?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

My sister had a bit of bleeding at the beginning of her 1st pregnancy for quite some time. Turned out it had started off ectopic or something like that.
    She ended up with a bouncing baby girl at the end of 9 mths, no other complications during the pregnancy, so anythings possible. Best check with a doc. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

She Devil wrote: »
    I found out last week that i was pregnant, well i felt strange for a bit as i was saying here two weeks ago, we were having tests due to the miscarriages ive had so we put babymaking on hold for a bit, therefore when my period was late it was a bit of a shock. So last week i did a test and found out i was pregnant, told my boyfriend and he was over the moon, but very cautious. Very next morning got up and had a bleed, i presumed this was me miscarrying again so i told my boyfriend and we agreed to try to get on with things as best we could. Next morning again a little bleed and for the rest of the week. There have been no pains accompanying the little bleed, ive been waiting all week for the pains to come and the heavy bleed but no such luck. I rang my doctor today for an appt tomor, i really dont want to go through all this again. Just wondering have any of you ladies ever went through anything like this which resulted in a healthy birth?

I really don't blame you for not wanting to get your hopes up, but don't be negative, either... I know, easier said than done. We'll all have our fingers crossed for you, I really hope this is the pregnancy that sticks for you. Good luck with the doctor! Remember, the fact that you're not in pain and the bleeding isn't too heavy is a GOOD sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

I am so annoyed i have to wait until the morning before i can get a scan in the Rotunda and not until January In Holles Street. I am so upset because i want to know if my baby is ok or not. I mean after three previous miscarriages and the fact that i have bled in this pregnancy should mean that they could surely make an exception to squeeze me in. I am so upset because i dont know what i should be feeling. This is so special to me and they are acting like,sure what happens is going to happen.

I am so annoyed i have to wait until the morning before i can get a scan in the Rotunda and not until January In Holles Street. I am so upset because i want to know if my baby is ok or not. I mean after three previous miscarriages and the fact that i have bled in this pregnancy should mean that they could surely make an exception to squeeze me in. I am so upset because i dont know what i should be feeling. This is so special to me and they are acting like,sure what happens is going to happen.

It's inhumane :( It's like your previous history means nothing - easy to be so blasé when it's someone else's baby. I hope all is well when you do get in tomorrow, though. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

They couldnt find a heartbeat, so i have to come back next week again, they said maybe i got my dates wrong and am 5 or 6 weeks. So lets hope so, They say its 50/50 that i will continue the pregnancy, so here is to waiting a week to find out. I am off work sick now to rest but my bosses arent impressed!Argh fit to tear my hair out.

• Advertisement

They couldnt find a heartbeat, so i have to come back next week again, they said maybe i got my dates wrong and am 5 or 6 weeks. So lets hope so, They say its 50/50 that i will continue the pregnancy, so here is to waiting a week to find out. I am off work sick now to rest but my bosses arent impressed!Argh fit to tear my hair out.

Feck your bosses, your baby and your own health are more important. Sorry that you have to wait another week for an answer, but it is very possible that your system is out of whack considering all you've been through. I hope you see the little flutter next week.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Hi, I don't know if it's any help at this stage, but my mum had what she describes as a light period in the first month of her pregnancy with my youngest brother.

Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭templetonpeck

Shedevil, that's an awful situation to be in. My heart really goes out to you. But I had bleeding in the early part of the pregnancy, about nine weeks or so and I went into Holles Street and they scanned me there and then. I was told if I had any problems to go straight to the Ante-Natal clinic without an appointment, which I did and they sorted me out.

Unless they're thinking is because the little one is so small there's no point doing a scan because they won't pick up anything?

This is my first pregnancy and I wouldn't go through the first twelve weeks for anybody, all that worry and stress and I can only imagine it must be a million times worse for you. I really hope you get seen soon xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭templetonpeck

oooops sorry I should have read the whole thread :o I'm assuming the second scan is this week and hope all goes okay. Don't forget, baby is sooooo tiny there's a perfectly reasonable excuse as to why they can't find the heartbeat and it's not always worst case scenario.....good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Longerview

She Devil, so sorry to hear of your worries for this pregnancy.The earlier scan may have been too early to detect any sign of a heartbeat.Tomorrow will be great because if the scan shows a heartbeat it mean the bleeding did no harm to the pregnancy.If the scan shows a problem it will help the doctors to understand what has been happening to you on the other occassions that you miscarried and that might get you some help in the future.
    A friend of mine had a scan that showed only the sac and placenta had develpoed.While it was upsetting ,at least she knew that ,when she miscarried ,no actual baby was lost because it never developed in the first place.
    Good luck tomoro .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

Ah She Devil let us know how you get on.Wea are all thinking of you here.Best of luck.

Advertisement