Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

General Election - Feb 26th Megathread

Options
  • 03-02-2016 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭

Should be interesting results. Any chance of a labour bounce or would fg go into bed with ff

How did you vote? Exit poll 609 votes

FG
    0% 0 votes
    FF
    25% 154 votes
    Labour
    13% 84 votes
    Independent
    7% 46 votes
    Renua
    20% 125 votes
    Green party
    4% 25 votes
    PBP
    8% 52 votes
    AAA
    1% 12 votes
    Social Democrats
    2% 15 votes
    Sinn Fein
    15% 96 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Labour to go the way of the greens.

Don't let the door hit your arse on the way out Joan...

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I am looking forward to an orderly election, which will eliminate the need for a violent blood bath.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Is it time to crack each others heads open and feast on the goo inside.....

Jobs for some, mini 1916 flags others....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

We're fücked no matter who gets in unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Just thinking isn't their lots of school holidays about that date that they could have used? The week before is mid term and the extra long easter break from paddy's day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I have a long list of grievances with all of the main parties. God love any candidate who knocks on my door.

Trouble is that I am so pissed off with the main parties that I am left with independents to vote for. Waste of a vote there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

We're fücked no matter who gets in unfortunately

How so, the boom is back. Makes no odds who get in, we are back at 2003 all over again. Construction is back in full swing in Dublin. Modified cars are all over the place with boy racers back on the streets, I feel like I'm 21 all over again.

Pubs and clubs are packed out all weekend like never before.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Balmed Out wrote: »
    Just thinking isn't their lots of school holidays about that date that they could have used? The week before is mid term and the extra long easter break from paddy's day.

It doesn't work that way, he had a time limit to call it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

How so, the boom is back. Makes no odds who get in, we are back at 2003 all over again. Construction is back in full swing in Dublin. Modified cars are all over the place with boy racers back on the streets, I feel like I'm 21 all over again.

I saw an empty bottle of Moet discarded on the side of the N3 while out cycling last weekend. The boom is back baby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    I saw an empty bottle of Moet discarded on the side of the N3 while out cycling last weekend. The boom is back baby
    When it's only half empty then you know it's time to start selling everything before the next crash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

P1ssed off with FG and FF?

If you answer yes be sure to give them your 1 and 2s and take your anger out on Labour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Give it 6-8 years, and we will have made the same mistakes all over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Delighted that a date is finally here. Now I can rant about the ****ing posters everywhere.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

Vote Yes for Jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ozymandius2011

How will you vote in the General Election?

Personally I am leaning Independent as I believe backbenchers have little or no power because of the stringent whip system we have in contrast to the UK and US.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I will definitely vote 'yes'.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,454 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

Balmed Out wrote: »

FG voters would be at the villa in Spain at this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Im voting for Kodos

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

With a crayon because I'm not allowed use sharp implements.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

I will vote in a confidential ballot, like the rest of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Smartvote.ie told me to vote for the independent candidate in my constituency. I probably would have anyway.

It suggested to keep well away from the main Fine Gael candidate. I always do...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,685 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

How will you vote in the General Election?

Personally I am leaning Independent as I believe backbenchers have little or no power because of the stringent whip system we have in contrast to the UK and US.

While I agree with you that backbenchers have little or no power especially with such a majority but what power has an independant. I mean if we get independents like Lowery, Rae etc who hamstrunk the goverments when they last had power and while yes they may have did great for there area (parish pump at its best) it is not for a country as a whole.

Not sure who I will vote for but it certainly will not be for independent/group who ae going on an anti platform on 1 issue and nothing else on wide issues

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭screamer

Makes no difference anyways they promise everything, lie, deliver very little value for money and accrue their inflation linked pension funds whilst drawing down extortionate salaries....... so who cares. Same circus different clowns every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

unfortunately i have nobody left to vote for

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

valoren wrote: »
    Vote Yes for Jobs.

I'd still take Steve and he years dead to run the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,741 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Yaay, more free arts and crafts materials (election posters that is)

Seen them used as scarecrows once.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Menas wrote: »
    I have a long list of grievances with all of the main parties. God love any candidate who knocks on my door.

Trouble is that I am so pissed off with the main parties that I am left with independents to vote for. Waste of a vote there.

I love voting for independent candidates. I like to imagine the look of shock and terror on their faces if they actually got elected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

kylith wrote: »
    I love voting for independent candidates. I like to imagine the look of shock and terror on their faces if they actually got elected.

I'll be voting Indy as I always do, guy does a lot around the place unlike the other chancers.

Don't understand how it's a wasted vote?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

With a pencil....

Advertisement