Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Error 53

• 05-02-2016 9:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Not content with stopping you from using the software you want to with their devices, Apple have now locked people out of their own phones.
    It seems that if you have had work done on an iPhone 6/s/turbo sport by a non authorised apple repairer, then updating to iOS 9 will brick your device.
    And apple will do nothing about it.

What a bunch of uber cnuts.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Clem H Fandango

Eh, if you checked your facts, it's to stop unauthorised 3rd parties from stealing your fingerprint info and using it to access your personal files or use it to buy stuff using whatever credit card you have on file or install a fake finger print reader and get your details through that. If you go to some dodgy back street dealer to fix your phone, then tough.
    But don't let the facts hinder your ill-informed hissy fit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Eh, if you checked your facts, it's to stop unauthorised 3rd parties from stealing your fingerprint info and using it to access your personal files or use it to buy stuff using whatever credit card you have on file or install a fake finger print reader and get your details through that. If you go to some dodgy back street dealer to fix your phone, then tough.
    But don't let the facts hinder your ill-informed hissy fit.

Tell that to the people whose phone has been turned into a paperweight.

Don't let your fanboyism get in the way of a couple of hundred thousand people feeling slightly peeved that their 700 euro phone no longer works.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Clem H Fandango

Don't let your fanboyism get in the way of a couple of hundred thousand people feeling slightly peeved that their 700 euro phone no longer works.

Don't agree with you so that makes me a fanboy, good man. You'd be whinging if someone bought a bunch of stuff using your stolen finger print and blaming apple for being thieves so it's a lose lose situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,360 ✭✭✭cml387

Repeat after me .

Apple are great.
    Apple can do no wrong.
    All praise the Apple.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭LDN_Irish

Don't agree with you so that makes me a fanboy, good man. You'd be whinging if someone bought a bunch of stuff using your stolen finger print and blaming apple for being thieves so it's a lose lose situation.

Bollocks is it. If your details got stolen by someone who worked on your phone then it'd be your fault. If Apple steal the functionality of your phone to get a monopoly on fixing iDevices it's theirs.

• Advertisement

No, no I wouldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,407 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

700 quid for a phone?

Probably used to being screwed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

Once again Android fans get OUTRAGED!! about a phone they would never use. It's sad sackary of the highest order.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

Once again Android fans get OUTRAGED!! about a phone they would never use. It's sad sackary of the highest order.

Android fans? Wtf? Is that even a thing? Do they have a website or a clubhouse or what?

• Advertisement

Android fans? Wtf? Is that even a thing? Do they have a website or a clubhouse or what?

We all meet up in the national aquatic centre on the 3rd of every month. You should come sometime . its mad craic.

They have a forum. Many in fact.

They keep starting threads on iPhones. Sad group.

As for what Apple are doing here. Error 53 could do with a bit more explanation but given that the touchID protects the phone, Apple Pay (and thus your bank account), and other apps including banking apps this precaution is justified, and well done to them.

Google probably just hand all fingerprint data to the NSA and a few million advertisers.

We all meet up in the national aquatic centre on the 3rd of every month. You should come sometime . its mad craic.

You all meet up in mammys basement.

Of course there are normal android users. They buy cheap android devices and don't give a sh1t about other phones.

Then there are the anti-Apple obsessives, saddest group of losers on gods green earth.

People are very touchy about the brand of phone they and other people have aren't they?

It's hilariously pathetic.

• God. I love having an Android phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,407 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

God. I love having an Android phone.

It's a brotherhood.

• They're just better phones -shrugs-

• Registered Users Posts: 14,215 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Jesus, is there still apple v android debates? It's a poxy phone, they're all the poxy same.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Posted from Windows Phone

Do miss some of my Android Apps though.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I hope this will be another nail in the coffin of Steve Jobs.
    But if people can take the debacle that is iTunes I guess they'll take anything..

• Advertisement

People are very touchy about the brand of phone they and other people have aren't they?

It's hilariously pathetic.

Unfortunately it is the doom of homo sapiens to divide into camps over anything (men of course).

Rangers v Celtic
    Apple v Whatever
    Munster v Leinster
    Snow v No Snow (see weather forum)
    Airbus v Boeing (oh yes, believe me)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

cml387 wrote: »
    Unfortunately it is the doom of homo sapiens to divide into camps over anything (men of course).

Rangers v Celtic
    Apple v Whatever
    Munster v Leinster

Not just men!

Spit vs Swallow
    diagonal vs horizontal cut sandwiches
    Etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

biko wrote: »
    I hope this will be another nail in the coffin of Steve Jobs.
    But if people can take the debacle that is iTunes I guess they'll take anything..

Bit distasteful the man is dead I'm sure he had nothing to do with this

Senna wrote: »
    Not just men!

Spit vs Swallow
    diagonal vs horizontal cut sandwiches
    Etc

Senna v Prost

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Philips v Tefal

You all meet up in mammys basement.

Of course there are normal android users. They buy cheap android devices and don't give a sh1t about other phones.

Then there are the anti-Apple obsessives, saddest group of losers on gods green earth.

2nd saddest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

Playstation V. XPOX

• Registered Users Posts: 10,217 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Senna v Prost
    Philips v Tefal
    Playstation V. XPOX

Zig v Zag.

• I never have anything important enough on my phone to warrant a finger print.. An awful lot of people don't. So the excuse that this is to protect users from malicious tampering is ridiculous.

Just go back to the passcode if bricking 700euro devices is considered responsible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Rangers v Celtic
    Apple v Whatever
    Munster v Leinster

Dreamliner all the way.

A380 is just a ****ing cattle truck.

Advertisement