Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Free Money Betting Superthread 2011/12

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Denners.ie

For a team to average 50 points a half that is quite a feat in itself, would be sceptical about taking 14/1 for them to score 100 points.. I would think 25's is closer the mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭PhatPiggins

robbie1977 wrote: »
    Just looked on oddschecker and other bookies are offering 14/1 for them to win by 101 or more but our bet we dont have to worry about if USA because its only for Oz to score a 100 not win by 100.

Absolutely, USA score a consulation try at any stage with that bet and you're in tears

Might be late for work tomorrow :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭agentgreen

gudede wrote: »
    No worries the guy in the local PP was well clued in. Thought it was a cracking bet himself. Spent ten minutes talking rugby with him, can't beat knowledgeable staff.

I'm on the bet aswell lads. It's a cracking bet.

You can't beat those moments when you walk up to collect your docket and the GUY behind the counter goes....

"Jesus you where lucky there"

Then ye have a nice old talk about the match and you leave with a bigger grin ha
    Did any of you guys get it online?
    I rang up and they wouldn't do it over the phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

Australia -77 @ 4/1. Safe bet, good odds = free money ?

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭gudede

agentgreen wrote: »

We all got it in the shop. I'm surprised they wouldn't do it on the phone. Go onto Live Chat online and they mite take it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

Check the weather forecast if you are going to be backing teams. Rain makes it easier for defensive teams and keeps the score lower.

gudede wrote: »

We all got it in the shop. I'm surprised they wouldn't do it on the phone. Go onto Live Chat online and they mite take it
    Yeh, they said it was in store only. Very annoying. I've free bets to use and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭PhatPiggins

profitius wrote: »
    Check the weather forecast if you are going to be backing teams. Rain makes it easier for defensive teams and keeps the score lower.

Forecast is good, sunny,dry with light winds

Have lived in Wellington though, weather changes quickly and the 'Cake Tin' is more like a washing machine on the wet and windy days

Anyone think France at 8/1 on Sat is overpriced?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

never know with the frogs if it was out of the pools i would be all over it , at the mo i am staying away.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

robbie1977 wrote: »
    Just looked on oddschecker and other bookies are offering 14/1 for them to win by 101 or more but our bet we dont have to worry about if USA because its only for Oz to score a 100 not win by 100.

from planet rugby
    Aus are 1.5 for -46.5 pts

David Pocock is ruled out - comfortably their most influential player - while Digby Ioane still missing. Quade Cooper is not playing very well either and was woeful against Ireland. And while Nathan Sharpe is back, I see value in the lay on this game. I'm a layer at this price to be honest - they have included Scott Higginbotham, who is a quality player, and I think USA will concede a few but 46.5 is a lot and with Aus at 1.5 this seems madness not to lay. It's odds on they will get some but no way 1.5 range. USA aren't that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭gudede

Anyone think France at 8/1 on Sat is overpriced?

They are 10/1 with bet365 and I'll be backing at that price. This French side isn't that bad and with Parra playing number ten then they'll be playing the type of rugby they played to beat New Zealand in the last world cup.

All the pressure is no New Zealand and the New Zealand players know what France represent and they fear factor France brings to New Zealand, so at 10/1 it's worth €10 of anyones money. Also I'm not sure France want to play England in the Q/F

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Yardie

duckysauce wrote: »
    from planet rugby
    Aus are 1.5 for -46.5 pts

David Pocock is ruled out - comfortably their most influential player - while Digby Ioane still missing. Quade Cooper is not playing very well either and was woeful against Ireland. And while Nathan Sharpe is back, I see value in the lay on this game. I'm a layer at this price to be honest - they have included Scott Higginbotham, who is a quality player, and I think USA will concede a few but 46.5 is a lot and with Aus at 1.5 this seems madness not to lay. It's odds on they will get some but no way 1.5 range. USA aren't that bad.

It's a completely different US side to the US side that has played in competitive fixtures..This US side lost 87-8 to the England Saxons in June. The tonne @ 14/1 could be bet of tournament is Aussies are up for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Thanks to several posters here I escaped by the skin of my teeth once again. Now if only Faingaa had got 3 rather than 2 tries. :D

Australia%2Bv%2BUSA.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

Lost a bit on that game, saved from a complete muggin by that yellow card. So in the spirit of gambling I have some money to win back and by god I wont stop till I get every cent of it !!

I'm backing Munster tonight. Cardiff are missing loads of players and they were terrible last week so I think Munster will have a narrow win.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I also fancy Munster and will probably back them.

France out to 9/1 now, surely worth a few quid. I took them at 7/1 a few days ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Chaoki

I also fancy Munster and will probably back them.

France out to 9/1 now, surely worth a few quid. I took them at 7/1 a few days ago.

I'm going to put 25 on them at +18 points at evens

France out to +19 at 11/10 on PP.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Taking New Zealand at -19 evens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Gracelessly Tom

I've taken France +19 @ 11/10, France to score more than 14.5 pts and Kahui anytime scorer @11/10.

New Zealand will win but doubt it'll be by more than 19pts and France are more than capable of a couple of tries and penalties.

Should be a cracking game, shame it's coffee and not a beer in front of me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 oneils23

NZ to start well. On the HT handicap -9.
    Impressive long haka sure to fire them up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Gracelessly Tom

I've taken France +19 @ 11/10, France to score more than 14.5 pts and Kahui anytime scorer @11/10.

New Zealand will win but doubt it'll be by more than 19pts and France are more than capable of a couple of tries and penalties.

Should be a cracking game, shame it's coffee and not a beer in front of me!!

Uh Oh!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Taking New Zealand at -19 evens

:o

They do get the handicaps close :D

Thankfully my winnings on Australia and South Africa absorbed my losses on France.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Now that Tonga (-12) and New Zealand (-17) have come in I'm just waiting on Scotland (+2) for my accumulator to pay off... can't wait for that game now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Happy days. Won on Munster last night and England this morning. All Blacks came good as well, plus I now have a pub that will let me in for 9am whenever needed. :D

PP%2BSAT.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Just stuck some money on the Ireland-Russia scoreline.

Ireland by 16-20 (@25/1)
    Ireland by 21-25 (@14/1)
    Ireland by 26-30 (@10/1)
    Ireland by 31-35 (@9/1)

Feeling good about that one.

Just stuck some money on the Ireland-Russia scoreline.

Ireland by 16-20 (@25/1)
    Ireland by 21-25 (@14/1)
    Ireland by 26-30 (@10/1)
    Ireland by 31-35 (@9/1)

Feeling good about that one.

Interesting bet there. Personally I would have gone a little higher than 16 - 35 but there odds are decent. Good luck with it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Russia +45 and Argentina -2 tomorrow and I stand to make a tidy sum!

Advertisement