Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ferguson Ariva 120 Users Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭lensman

SetEditHD100_1.17 for (Ferguson Ariva), it's a limited use trial version which allows 20 changes/saves.... does everything.
    www.mediafire.com/?dql336mx228thot

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭dmm1000

shblob wrote: »
    I got rid of my ariva and got an amiko 8820 combo

http://satworld.ie/product-info.php?Amiko_8820_CI-CX__FULL_HD__-_Combo_Receiver-pid402.html

its an unbelievable improvement over the 120. the build quality is great, none of the stupid glitches that the ariva gets either.

sounds good - will it play SD avi files ? - the big letdown with the 120 is that it only plays HD avi files

how is it for a dedicated website / tools - ie firmware / firmware loaders / channel editor ?

( would appreciate your thoughts and maybe it deserves its own thread at this point )

• Registered Users Posts: 9,903 ✭✭✭dodzy

lensman wrote: »
    SetEditHD100_1.17 for (Ferguson Ariva), it's a limited use trial version which allows 20 changes/saves.... does everything.
    www.mediafire.com/?dql336mx228thot
    To do what exactly ?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

dodzy wrote: »
    To do what exactly ?:confused:

Organize channels and channel lists.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

dmm1000 wrote: »
    sounds good - will it play SD avi files ? - the big letdown with the 120 is that it only plays HD avi files

how is it for a dedicated website / tools - ie firmware / firmware loaders / channel editor ?

( would appreciate your thoughts and maybe it deserves its own thread at this point )
    I don't use it as a media player what I can say though is that the box, packaging, manual and build quality is superb. The remote also has a great feel to it and it is very responsive. it has a faster processor 396MHz compared to arivas 333Mhz so it is much faster, the menu is nice, the recording works well. It has 2 usb ports, the picture quality is better etc.... It is a decent size and has a lovely display screen, cam and card reader too and wifi support

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

I don't use it as a media player

Really needs its own thread as suggested
    dmm1000 wrote: »

maybe it deserves its own thread at this point

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 9,903 ✭✭✭dodzy

NUTZZ wrote: »
    Organize channels and channel lists.

In an easier way to a unit with stock FW ? just looking to see what are the benefits, if any.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭paddydu

just thought id ask can you get the internet via satellite so you dont have pay a monthly bill like we can get tv on free to air??????? thanks lads

No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

I don't use it as a media player what I can say though is that the box, packaging, manual and build quality is superb. The remote also has a great feel to it and it is very responsive. it has a faster processor 396MHz compared to arivas 333Mhz so it is much faster, the menu is nice, the recording works well. It has 2 usb ports, the picture quality is better etc.... It is a decent size and has a lovely display screen, cam and card reader too and wifi support

396 MHZ make it much faster. Oh to be a consumer.

Picture quality is better ? How ? No one on 28.2 or Saorview broadcasts in 1080p. No one. So it is useless.

Wifi is not standard on an Amiko. Ariva 120 takes a wifi bridge.

Fool me once.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭lensman

From the spec sheet the Amiko seems not better then the ariva, it's not MHEG5 so like the ariva you can't avail of the saorview interactive & aertel service, can it do cams?...I'm happy with the ariva 120 combo so why pay €30 extra for the same functions.

lensman wrote: »
    From the spec sheet the Amiko seems not better then the ariva, it's not MHEG5 so like the ariva you can't avail of the saorview interactive & aertel service, can it do cams?...I'm happy with the ariva 120 combo so why pay €30 extra for the same functions.
    you must be mad if you think the specs are the same..

396 MHz vs 333 Mhz
    Better remote
    2 USB ports
    CAM Slot
    FULL DISPLAY
    Supports USB powered HDD
    Wifi Stick support
    Far better looking too

STB wrote: »
    396 MHZ make it much faster. Oh to be a consumer.

Picture quality is better ? How ? No one on 28.2 or Saorview broadcasts in 1080p. No one. So it is useless.

Wifi is not standard on an Amiko. Ariva 120 takes a wifi bridge.

Fool me once.
    yes the processor is noticeably faster.. try it
    as for the picture, yes it does seem better to me
    wifi stick is 15 euro wifi bridge is about 30

Guys the Thread is named "Ferguson Ariva 120 users thread" Can discussions about other boxes be given their own thread please, otherwise this one will become quickly useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭scruffy66

Tony wrote: »
    Guys the Thread is named "Ferguson Ariva 120 users thread" Can discussions about other boxes be given their own thread please, otherwise this one will become quickly useless.

Hi Tony, have you had many costumers asking for hard drives for the ARIVA,
    what hard drive are you recommending.

Yes quite a few ask but after looking into it I'm unable to stock them as you have to buy a huge quantity and even at that I could not compete price wise with computer retailers. Ferguson recommend western digital self powered but i've also tried verbatim which seem to work quite well.

scruffy66 wrote: »
    Hi Tony, have you had many costumers asking for hard drives for the ARIVA,
    what hard drive are you recommending.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭scruffy66

Tony wrote: »
    Yes quite a few ask but after looking into it I'm unable to stock them as you have to buy a huge quantity and even at that I could not compete price wise with computer retailers. Ferguson recommend western digital self powered but i've also tried verbatim which seem to work quite well.

Thanks Tony, I think im of the same mind, i dont want to get involved in supplying and installing hard drives for the combo boxes, more hasle than
    their worth, to many phone calls back and forth.Thanks for the info ill check them out anyway.

No problem
    scruffy66 wrote: »
    Thanks Tony, I think im of the same mind, i dont want to get involved in supplying and installing hard drives for the combo boxes, more hasle than
    their worth, to many phone calls back and forth.Thanks for the info ill check them out anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

Hi Tony, got an Ariva off Satellite.ie this week, really happy with it. Just one query though, when watching Saorview I am unable to view epg or now & next. Any help appreciated.

Cheers...

Thats strange. Perhaps try deleting all the terrestrial tv and radio channels and re scan.

mafc wrote: »
    Hi Tony, got an Ariva off Satellite.ie this week, really happy with it. Just one query though, when watching Saorview I am unable to view epg or now & next. Any help appreciated.

Cheers...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

Thanks Tony for the prompt reply, did what you suggested and it worked a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,057 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to ask this here, so if it needs to be removed fair enough.

I've heard that the Ariva can run CCcam etc.. does anyone know what software patch is needed to be able to do that? I'm not looking for advice on anything in particular.. just if a patch is available for v2.17b3.

That voids your warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,057 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

That voids your warranty.

Nah my warranty was voided when I took the unit apart last week :p

It's a cheap enough box so I'm not too concerned about messing around with it and learning what it's capable of.

Ok!! PM sent.

Nah my warranty was voided when I took the unit apart last week :p

Good one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭TheCeltictiger

Hi Tony,

I am going to upgrade to the latest V2.17B firmware via USB (currently on V2.14B) but have the following issue.

I have all my channels organized to my personnel preference. I am on a Mac and cannot utilize the Ariva Editor Tool as this software is only PC compatible but would like to keep my existing channel list.

If I backup my DumpFile.abs before upgrading to V2.17B, is it possible to load this saved dumpfile to the newly loaded firmware without the editor tool ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Just moved house.

There's a satellite dish outside, so I plugged in the Ariva.

'No Signal'.

I went into 'Installation' and did a search.

Still 'No Signal'.

Is the dish pointing the wrong way, or is there something else I should do?

Thanks in advance.

L-M.

Also, can't seem to find anything when I connect either the Ariva or the telly directly it to the old style aerial socket.

If I backup my DumpFile.abs before upgrading to V2.17B, is it possible to load this saved dumpfile to the newly loaded firmware without the editor tool ?

Sorry no as the dumpfile is a firmware file so you will simply revert to the previous version. Why do you wish to upgrade ?

• Advertisement

Its impossible to say 100% but its most likely dish alignment or a cabling issue . Its probably best to start a new thread if you need help fault finding this as its not specific to the ferguson ariva .

Just moved house.

There's a satellite dish outside, so I plugged in the Ariva.

'No Signal'.

I went into 'Installation' and did a search.

Advertisement