Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

HELP, need peq box to fit 9.6v 2000mah crane battery

• 05-09-2009 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭

This is the battery which I need to fit in the PEQ. I have looked around and all I can think of is a battery pouch, this is a last resort for me though. If you can give me advice it will be greatly appreciated.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

I assume you know that goes in a crane stock?

It might be worth your while getting a mini battery in 9.6 and a peq to suit that, or a lipo. There are lots of peq boxes on rsov.com if you want a selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Soberts

I assume you know that goes in a crane stock?

It might be worth your while getting a mini battery in 9.6 and a peq to suit that, or a lipo. There are lots of peq boxes on rsov.com if you want a selection.
    Ye i know it goes in a crane stock. I had it with my previous gun, but i sold it and bought an SRC 416 which is wired to the front, i took it apart and I tried to wire it to a crane stock i bought but i nearly broke it doing so. I had no choice to wire it to the front again. I also bought a 7.4v lipo and I did not like the ROF so I stuck to my 9.6V. I dont want the wear and tear of a 11.1V lipo in the gun though.Thank you for the advice

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Was the 7.4 lipo not as high as the 9.6 standard battery?

I usually hear that lipo's in 7.4 perform similarly to 9.6v mini batteries, but if you experienced different fair enough, I think that crane batt uses large type cells, more efficient.

Have a look at rsov.com they have a big peq selection.

Was the 7.4 lipo not as high as the 9.6 standard battery?

I usually hear that lipo's in 7.4 perform similarly to 9.6v mini batteries, but if you experienced different fair enough, I think that crane batt uses large type cells, more efficient.

Have a look at rsov.com they have a big peq selection.
    I think the rof was bad because my lipo was 1000mah, and my 9.6 was 2000mah. Or maybe the lipo had a really bad 'C' rating. I dislike lipo's because I really dont fancy the idea of having to watch it's charge level so as not to damage it. The Nimh batterys are so much easier to use. I might end up going for the 11.1v lipo in the end! I had a look at those peq's but none of them are big enough. I might have to do a custom job!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

You wont get a PEQ large enough to take large cells. have a look around for a battery pouch or something similar if you wanna use that battery.,

• Advertisement

Masada wrote: »
    You wont get a PEQ large enough to take large cells. have a look around for a battery pouch or something similar if you wanna use that battery.,
    Ok cheers Masada, where you move my thread to?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Me? Move your thread? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭scanlant

Masada wrote: »
    Me? Move your thread? :confused:

Oh, God, they've made you a moderator.

First change of charter; an immediate ban for all those that speak ill of tan airsoft guns. As it says in the Gospel*: Loathe ye be that speak ill of the sand-coloured bb expelling device, he that worships the temple of Tan will forever be welcomed into the Kingdom of Gucci.

* The gospel according to Richie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭TNTQ

I use do have SRC 416 some time ago. PEQ box is quite wide but rather narrow. Don't remember exactly still have it somewhere. Anyway changing battery from that PEQ box is a pain in the back. Most of the time had to use pliers or something else to drag the cable out of the box. And philips screw driver to remove the battery from the box. In my oppinion a Homer Simpson design.

If you want to stick with using that PEQ box you are looking at using 8.4v batteries. I wouldn't advice LiPo.

You can look for batteries which are shaped this way:

battery.jpg

I've only seen them in large, so might be problematic. Or re-wire to the stock. Wich in my opinion is the best solution.

TNTQ wrote: »
    I use do have SRC 416 some time ago. PEQ box is quite wide but rather narrow. Don't remember exactly still have it somewhere. Anyway changing battery from that PEQ box is a pain in the back. Most of the time had to use pliers or something else to drag the cable out of the box. And philips screw driver to remove the battery from the box. In my oppinion a Homer Simpson design.

If you want to stick with using that PEQ box you are looking at using 8.4v batteries. I wouldn't advice LiPo.

You can look for batteries which are shaped this way:

battery.jpg

I've only seen them in large, so might be problematic. Or re-wire to the stock. Wich in my opinion is the best solution.
    I have tried rewiring to the stock and I nearly broke the gun, not gonna try again.I have decided to buy a G&P peq 2 with built in 9.6V 3300mAh battery.Saves having to find a battery that fits in a peq! Thanks for the advice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭scanlant

Soberts wrote: »
    I have tried rewiring to the stock and I nearly broke the gun, not gonna try again.I have decided to buy a G&P peq 2 with built in 9.6V 3300mAh battery.Saves having to find a battery that fits in a peq! Thanks for the advice

I have one of those G&P 3300mAh PEQs. They are heavy and bulky. I would avoid them for a 416 (why I bought one originally).

Get the new PEQ-15 with a 7.4 LiPo. Small, great rof. Looks awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭TNTQ

No problem. I'm personally not a big fan of things with build in batteries.

Advertisement