Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to the New (ish) Joss Whedon forum!

• 21-05-2009 9:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭

Ello all, Welcome to the new Joss Whedon forum, once called the Firefly & Serenity forum. Feel free to chat about anything and everything to do with Joss Whedon and his works as well as related Cast's and Crews of his work.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Awesome ^_^ got the entire buffy boxset about a month ago,been watching the series in backwards order (never saw most of series 6 or 7)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I just noticed this forum, but it makes sense that it used be the Firefly & Serenity one.

<3 Buffy to an obsessive degree.

Faith wrote: »
    I just noticed this forum, but it makes sense that it used be the Firefly & Serenity one.

<3 Buffy to an obsessive degree.

Was watching the slayerfest episode yesterday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Just saw this forum now, good idea

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Nerin wrote: »
    Was watching the slayerfest episode yesterday :D
    Loved that particular episode.
    Buffy: "Go back to the fork Cordelia."

• Advertisement

Loved that particular episode.
    Buffy: "Go back to the fork Cordelia."
    i watched the entire show in backwards series mode. started at 7 and went back as far as two.
    id forgotten just how awesome season 2 was. ive never laughed so much and then been really disturbed :
    the jenny vs angel thing
    episode where he toys with her, kills her, and leaves her in giles bed
    seriously, it was awesome tv, and those scenes blew me away.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Indeed for a show intended as 'brain candy' Buffy really was a well-written series. My favorite episode though was "Hush".

Indeed for a show intended as 'brain candy' Buffy really was a well-written series. My favorite episode though was "Hush".
    really good episode, in a bad series.
    really didnt like season 4 much.

Whedon actually wrote that episode as a response to critics who claimed the entire show was carried along strictly by the dialogue. He wrote the musical episode for similar reasons.

Whedon actually wrote that episode as a response to critics who claimed the entire show was carried along strictly by the dialogue. He wrote the musical episode for similar reasons.

hehe loved the musical.
    watching Buffy again gave me warm fuzzy feelings.
    thinking of getting the Angel set next (even though not as good, it has many great moment, and is a little more grown up)

• Advertisement

I thought the first few episodes of Angel were actually quite good. Once they brought Wesley on as a regular is when i saw it becoming a straight Buffy clone.

I thought the first few episodes of Angel were actually quite good. Once they brought Wesley on as a regular is when i saw it becoming a straight Buffy clone.
    see i liked Wes when he acted a little less silly englishman.
    i was a massive fan of badass/hero giles, mostly in the later series.

when he had the one on one with willow i thought it was epic. but as i went back in time, he was very wesley esque.
    wes breathed life into giles to stop him becoming boring imo.

Doyle on the other hand was someone i wished hadnt gone (IRL).
    Always made me smile, and the ending of his character on screen was pretty cool (although the episode could have been better, those demons pissed me off).

Yeah once Giles pulled the stick out he did become a much cooler character. Although I did favor Xander's face-off with willow over Giles'
    Doyle was great character. I was sorry to see him go. Eh, at least he went out a hero though. Those demons sucked.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,853 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Woohoo, somewhere to talk Dollhouse \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 18 gene the cow

i loved dollhouse it was so amazin! i wish it hadnt been cancelled because the end was so quickly put together then.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭junipergreen

Why are they always cancelling these great shows? Firefly was a-ma-zing.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 gene the cow

Why are they always cancelling these great shows? Firefly was a-ma-zing.

because people hav NO taste in shows these days antin tat makes u think is to much of a strane.

Advertisement