Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rammstein at the 02 Dublin Feb. 2012

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

Loved the show, worth every cent of the tickets (even though it was a birthday present). You pay the same amount to see some lad sit on the stage with a guitar.

One gripe I had was that the melody of most songs was inaudible due to the sheer amount of bass (I was sitting). You could hardly hear the keyboard most of the time and the singing. They're some lovely melodic moments in Rammstein songs that were lost because of the sound. Either that or I'm just an old man and going deaf!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Batigol

Amazing gig. Easily the best stage spectacle that I've ever seen a band put on.

So many great moments, wasn't a weak song/part imo. I loved the second flamethrower for cooking Flake :D

I even enjoyed the support act and the last few gigs I've hated the support acts. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭matrixroyal

fantastic from start to finish, a band at the top of their game, the entrance was great, showmanship, everything.

Even the stewards / medical crew who probably never heard of them were getting into it.

adamski8 wrote: »
    great gig, everything amazing. im not a great gig goer but i was hoping for a lack of the amatuer personal video crews, ffs anyone else get pissed off with every second person putting a camera or iphone in the air totally blocking everyones view? thought there might be none of it at this gig but i was wrong.
    For a band whose live show is as much visual as it is musical I find it surprising that you expected people not to try and take photos of the flames? :confused:

Fantasic show, the entrance was fantastic. They managed probably 5 minutes without playing a song or doing anything and yet the crowd were going apesh*t!

It's also nice in an era where we are getting absolutely fleeced with concert ticket prices to see a band give you BANG for your buck (couple of puns in there... Sorry!!). So often you get a crappy stage set up and just the band with no visual spectacle, which would be great if it were appropriately priced, so to pay and get to see pyrotechnics, flame throwers, foam cannons, diverse lighting etc etc is very refreshing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Said it all that i thought it could have been the best of 20 odd gigs i've been to and i was above in the clouds. Some ****ing spectacle altogether, still in awe :eek:

431436_361179180571148_100000372065776_1258676_240915181_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

For a band whose live show is as much visual as it is musical I find it surprising that you expected people not to try and take photos of the flames? :confused:

I find it more surprising that people will think that the footage they capture will amount to anything more than total ****. I used to go to a lot of gigs 8-10 years ago, so this whole new thing of everybody thinking they've captured something interesting when in fact it's the total opposite is bizarre. Stop looking at the spectacle through your camera ffs.

This video sums up what I'm saying: http://www.snotr.com/video/8824/Louis_CK_Hates_Twitter

Anyway, best gig I've been to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Renn wrote: »
    I find it more surprising that people will think that the footage they capture will amount to anything more than total ****.

I get what you are saying, but I think it'd be a shame not to snap a couple of photos at a gig, even if they are crap.

This was my first time seeing Rammstein, hopefully not the last :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Excellent show but I was a bit annoyed at not being able to see a thing on the second stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

I get what you are saying, but I think it'd be a shame not to snap a couple of photos at a gig, even if they are crap.

I agree, pics are OK (I take some myself), but recording entire songs (and more!) isn't. There were a few people last night I would have happily amputated their arms at the elbows for them. Also, the only fcuker to get on someone's shoulders the entire gig had to do it directly in front of me during Engel, which was a bit of a p*sser on an otherwise brilliant night (well, that and losing the t-shirt I bought :( ).

Ha, that wasn't near the second stage was it? During Engel these two topless guys were blocking our view as well. TOPLESS I TELL YA!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 smashedhat

Renn, I couldn't agree with ya more. It pisses me off so much, it's lessening the atmosphere of gigs in last few years. If people want to constantly be taking photos and recording video then they should buy a seating ticket and they can do it to their heart's content.But when you're up close to the stage, your job is to crazy and just enjoy the gig. And yes the quality is always ****, I could see the images being taken on phones in front of me, amazing spectacle on stage and the photos just come out black. Leave it to the professionals and people in seating and just enjoy the moment - capture it in your mind. Ok, rant over. Utterly amazing gig, so glad we got all the effects. I was worried, this being Ireland they'd be restricted to how much effects they can use. Oh, and no atmosphere destroying separate pits. Brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

The people taking photos with their phones up the front didn't annoy me, but I bet I annoyed them by jumping around and pushing them about.
    I don't feel sorry for anyone who lost their phone because they were being an idiot in the pit

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,196 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

****ing amazing gig! Was right by the barrier for the 2nd stage so was nice to see them close up for a few songs, Buck Dich especially :D

Agree about the cameras, struggled to see a lot of Mein Teil because of them.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Great Show and a fantastic spectacle - amazing to see such an indoor stage show in the 'Health and Safety' obsessed world that we live in. Kudos to Rammstein and indeed to The O2.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

DUBACC wrote: »
    Totally agree. Best entrance by a band I've seen! Second song, can't remember the name, (can anyone help me with ghe name of it - it was fkg awesome!!) was the most energetic and frenetic song I've seen live and I've seen a ton!!

Brilliant!! Hopefully my hearing will be back for work in the morning! Must be close to Lemmy and Motörhead as loudest act around!! :-)

Second song was Wollt Ihr Das Bett In Flammen Sehen.

Great gig, first time seeing them, loving the blasts of heat from the fire mm.
    Haven't changed their visual show for a few years but as it was my first time, it was amazing! Not the best gig I've been at, but one of the best. At least they put in a lot of effort for the price! Great stage and energy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

Renn wrote: »
    Ha, that wasn't near the second stage was it? During Engel these two topless guys were blocking our view as well. TOPLESS I TELL YA!

Was indeed, Renn. I can put up with being jizzed on by Till, but keep your sweaty moobs to yourself, ye b@stards! :D

Ha yeah, they just kept switching positions for the entire song. For one song it's fine...

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Ironman76

Second song was Wollt Ihr Das Bett In Flammen Sehen.

Great gig, first time seeing them, loving the blasts of heat from the fire mm.
    Haven't changed their visual show for a few years but as it was my first time, it was amazing! Not the best gig I've been at, but one of the best. At least they put in a lot of effort for the price! Great stage and energy.

Completely agree. Was only saying the same thing earlier. Cant stop listening to this song today. Loved the way he was marching when singing it, f**king epic ! ! !

MY GF is a huge Rammstein fan since the 90s, she has been to their gigs all over Europe and says last nights was the best shes seen. Jaysus how could it not be !? !?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Bazzer2

+1 +1 +1 to all of the above. Amazing show, loved every minute of it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

there's no need to have a phone or camera held as high over your head as possible for long periods of time during a gig - I take photos at gigs and I don't see the need to do it......and I certainly don't wanna see a load of low quality phone cameras recording constantly for a gig blocking peoples views, I keep my camera at face height or lower, take pics when crowds take a break in a song, take pics through arms etc.......so I don't think I'm a hypocrite, I don't want to block others view of the show in the same way i don't want my own view blocked........what's the point in recording stuff you wont have a memory from when you watch it back ?

• Advertisement

Actually was glad in a way that i was above in the seats for this, got a perfect view of it all and could take pictures away to my hearts content (i'd fully agree with those saying that the standing area is not for picture or video taking really). Pit there meant queueing up as well, not really my sort of thing any more in favour of a pre gig pint or 2 :D

Setlist was iirc:
    Sonne
    Wollt ihr das bett in flammen sehen?
    Keine Lust
    Sehnsucht
    Asche zu Asche
    Feuer Frei!
    Mutter
    Mein Teil
    Du Riechst So Gut
    Links 2-3-4
    Du Hast
    Haifisch

Second Stage:
    Buck Dich
    Mann Gegen Mann
    Ohne Dich

Encore:
    Mein Herz Brennt
    Amerika
    Ich will

Encore #2:
    Engel
    Pussy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Speaking of Photos..

Gizzymo (ShootTheSound) has photos from the show over on the Photography thread. Some great shots there.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056562340

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Unreal gig. Out of this world. Face meltingly fantastic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Oh stop complaining ffs

So we should all do what you do and hold it at a certain height and for a certain amount of time just because you don't like it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

adamski8 wrote: »
    great gig, everything amazing. im not a great gig goer but i was hoping for a lack of the amatuer personal video crews, ffs anyone else get pissed off with every second person putting a camera or iphone in the air totally blocking everyones view? thought there might be none of it at this gig but i was wrong.

yep I do, especially with phones, you're never gona get any decent pics so what's the point. Gave up bringing a camera to gigs myself, you just can't enjoy yourself as much with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭budgemook

spiralism wrote: »
    Actually was glad in a way that i was above in the seats for this, got a perfect view of it all and could take pictures away to my hearts content (i'd fully agree with those saying that the standing area is not for picture or video taking really). Pit there meant queueing up as well, not really my sort of thing any more in favour of a pre gig pint or 2 :D

Setlist was iirc:
    Sonne
    Wollt ihr das bett in flammen sehen?
    Keine Lust
    Sehnsucht
    Asche zu Asche
    Feuer Frei!
    Mutter
    Mein Teil
    Du Riechst So Gut
    Links 2-3-4
    Du Hast
    Haifisch

Second Stage:
    Buck Dich
    Mann Gegen Mann
    Ohne Dich

Encore:
    Mein Herz Brennt
    Amerika
    Ich will

Encore #2:
    Engel
    Pussy

There was a pit?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

budgemook wrote: »
    There was a pit?

there was no pit. I was able to get right to the front and then able to move back to the second stage when they were over there before moving back to the very front

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭budgemook

Dermo wrote: »
    there was no pit. I was able to get right to the front and then able to move back to the second stage when they were over there before moving back to the very front

Thought that alright, I was fairly close to the front and saw no pit.

Last O2 gig I was at that had a pit was Muse. It was massive, taking up most of the floor. I'm glad to see they seem to have done away with it (? At least RATM and Kasabian didn't have one). I was actually in it that day but was a pain having to go early.

Dermo wrote: »

Oh right, from where i was sitting and the second stage + band's entrance around the back made me suspect there was a pit..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Pandybelly

I wont forget this show in a hurry. Mindblowingly good. Loved every minute of it. I was in Block E and I felt the heat, cant imagine what guys up the front felt.

Hope they return.

Advertisement