Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards.ie Official Server

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 mozzypuffs

Hey, my username is mozzypuffs and i love to join the server!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Owen2346

jazzpenguin84

i'd like to join ye

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

For the stupid people (i.e. me) can someone please explain what we will be left with after the server reset ?

Can I assume that it will be a completely new map with none of the player made structures remaining ? Starting from scratch, all items gone also?

What date will the reset take place ...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

kingtut wrote: »
    For the stupid people (i.e. me) can someone please explain what we will be left with after the server reset ?

Can I assume that it will be a completely new map with none of the player made structures remaining ? Starting from scratch, all items gone also?

What date will the reset take place ...

Yes you are correct. A new map will be generated and the current map will be made available to download so that you can play it on singleplayer.
    As for the time frame. 1.3 is to be released on 1st August so the new map will be online 2-4 weeks after that. It all depends on when the plugins we use are updated.

Two other users added

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    Yes you are correct. A new map will be generated and the current map will be made available to download so that you can play it on singleplayer.
    As for the time frame. 1.3 is to be released on 1st August so the new map will be online 2-4 weeks after that. It all depends on when the plugins we use are updated.

So we will still be playing on the old map until August 1st + 2/4 weeks :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 14 NatnifYenbig

Add me please IGN Zombie_Cheeze
    Love to play

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Add me please IGN Zombie_Cheeze
    Love to play

Added :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 rashersandbean

Can you whitelist Mrs_Rashers please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭bouncybul

Server down?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 rashersandbean

bouncybul wrote: »
    Server down?

Doesnt seem to be, Im on it now

• Advertisement

Can you whitelist Mrs_Rashers please :)

Done
    Server down?

Seems fine to me

Bot working for me

• Registered Users Posts: 9 KittyPot

Whitelist please?
    The names Oni_Usagi

Bot working for me

Ohhhhh you serious I posted in the wrong post :L

KittyPot wrote: »
    Whitelist please?
    The names Oni_Usagi

Done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

With 1.3, it appears servers can have an "official" texture pack.
    Servers can automatically suggest and distribute texture packs.

Would ye bother with doing this for the Boards server?

Pen Rua wrote: »
    With 1.3, it appears servers can have an "official" texture pack.

Would ye bother with doing this for the Boards server?

Maybe, certainly something to think about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

Suggest away, but hold off on the distributing them if it does it automatically

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

deconduo wrote: »
    Maybe, certainly something to think about.

Not a bad idea ,The vallina MC texture just doesn't cut it anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Jollicraft :D

• Advertisement

BX 19 wrote: »
    Jollicraft :D

Some of it I like :p

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

Bad idea. If people want texture packs they'll get them themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

The only reason I can think of for that feature to be present is when specific textures are needed on a server, For example if a server is running a medieval theme then they can suggest the optimal texture pack for use with that theme rather than having players running around with random themed packs because they don't know what's best.

As Boards is not going with a specific theme(afaik) there is no need to suggest a texture pack, As it will just complicate things for the less experienced players who don't know better.

The only reason I can think of for that feature to be present is when specific textures are needed on a server, For example if a server is running a medieval theme then they can suggest the optimal texture pack for use with that theme rather than having players running around with random themed packs because they don't know what's best.

As Boards is not going with a specific theme(afaik) there is no need to suggest a texture pack, As it will just complicate things for the less experienced players who don't know better.

There is nothing wrong with boards recommending a texture pack , you'll be given a choice if you want to install it or not the first time you log in. Hardly confusing

Kenno90 wrote: »

There is nothing wrong with boards recommending a texture pack , you'll be given a choice if you want to install it or not the first time you log in. Hardly confusing

I have to explain simple things like dragging to inexperienced computer users on a daily basis, I have long since accepted that to some computers are rocket science.

So inexperienced user A logs into the boards server and sees that texture pack B is recommended, they wont go "ehh I don't need this" but rather "I better download it, The server told me to!". So now user A has a different texture pack that may not run on their computer not because they choose to, but rather because they didn't know any better.

I have to explain simple things like dragging to inexperienced computer users on a daily basis, I have long since accepted that to some computers are rocket science.

So inexperienced user A logs into the boards server and sees that texture pack B is recommended, they wont go "ehh I don't need this" but rather "I better download it, The server told me to!". So now user A has a different texture pack that may not run on their computer not because they choose to, but rather because they didn't know any better.

If people play multiplayer MC, they are expected to know some stuff, i.e they know how to buy/play the game , add for a whitelist and input the IP Address.

If they can do all that, then surly they can decide if they want the server texture pack.Even if they were completely inexperienced , all they have to do is ask someone for help.

You're thinking far too much about it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Surely if they go down the road of downloading that texture pack and it doesn't work they'll be able to go into the texture pack menu and switch back to vanilla.

Sorry, But I argue about anything:P

I know it is a trivial issue and not something even worth arguing about but I prefer the simple solutions.

No two people will agree on a texture pack, Everyone has preferences and in the end everyone will either have been already using the recommended pack or will have their own preference and ignore what was recommended.

Once again, Trivial issue and not worth arguing about but still the feature is pointless on the Boards server.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭tiptopgolfy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭thisisadamh

How does one join the whitelist?

My username is: thisisadamh

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement