Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

I've actually the opposite problem here no one calls to see the boys at all.. Mil will call if one is sick but other then that we dont see many. Pil and Sil live 6 doors away and never do we get offered help. Now I'm not complaining, cause Id hate to have people interfering but once in a while would be nice. We haven't gotten a congrats on this pregnancy from dhs side at all,all I keep getting is"how are you going to cope with 5" ?? I know in going to cope,I don't need their remarks.

When ds4 was born we got no cards or presents.even for his christening we got nothing sorry rant over !!

That's terrible, don't blame you for ranting! I don't know if we're going to have people calling in but highly doubtful as we're a little farther from everyone else and we've never been a "ah sure call over whenever" type couple as we're not at home much (that'll change now).

I'm going to limit the visitations after baby arrives to probably the one day and just enjoy the rest of the two weeks with OH being there. I don't want people showing up unannounced or everyday, that would drive me nuts. Aside from the fact that I'm sure I'll look like a banshee/dragon for the first while til I get my act together.

Then when OH goes back to work, my sisters are coming over from UK to stay for guts of a week (overlapping each other a bit) so they can help. I was initially really against this as I want to do everything on my own but then I realised that I'll probably enjoy getting the help. Plus one of them I was her birth partner for her baby and she lived with me after he was born and I helped her for ages so she owes me haha. My mother-in-law is 20mins up the road if I get really stuck for help as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Seeing as I have never got a " congrats on getting engaged" "congrats on getting married" or a "congrats on being pregnant" from my MIL, I won't be expecting anything from her.
    My mother on the other hand has helped me raise my daughter ( as I was a single parent) she still minds her everyday and gets her off to school etc. i'd be totally lost without her, I know she will help with baby in a heartbeat, but I think she will keep her distance also. She's never the interfering type but just always there also.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭jennytightlips

Hi ladies
    my first time posting on this thread :)
    im nearly 20 weeks now (due July 29th) and starting to worry. This is my second pregnancy and am terrified ill get pre-eclampsia again like i did with my first child back in 2001. Just wondering if it will happen again or if anyone has had a similar experience ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

notsobusy-2nd July
    Tinkerbell4484 - 4th July - *Girl*
    Tinkerbell79 - ????
    Mamaheidi-8th July - *Girl*
    Cyning-8th July
    Javagal-9th July - *Girl*
    Kiwi2011-12th July
    Kash-13th July - *Girl*
    Nyquist Freak -14th July
    KildareAsh-15th July
    Twomums2be - 15th July *Girl*
    Silly- 18th July
    Fri.Day - 18th July - *Boy*
    Trions - 22nd July
    Saurelin- 22nd July
    March11 - 24th July
    Ginny - 25th July
    Mink- 28th July
    Jennytightlips - 29th July
    theg81der- 31st July

Welcome Jenny! Sorry can`t help no experience wiht pre eclampsia.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Jaysus a lot of us were busy last October lol!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭tinkerbell79

Welcome Twomums2be and Jennytightlips!!

I presume same will happen as on previous 2, lots of vistors in hosp then few when home but not 2 many which was grand as this was dhs time off then when dh went back 2 work nobody came by which was fine at times but could have done with company once in a while:(

Mamaheidi definitly think heart 2 heart is the answer at least ull both know wer u stand then!!

I cant wait for next scan and find out wat im having the more i hear u all talk bout knowing the sex the more excited im gettin-bring on 7th of april!!!

Welcome Jenny and congrats! I had my last baby in 2001 too!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

MH just be honest with your Mum. My Mum is interfering aswell but I just tell her off straight away. It sounds like you get on really well with her so be straight with her!!

My poor fiancee has already got it in the neck for allowing me to go public and did he not know about private health insurance blah blah blah. She thinks that everything is covered under the plan I am on even though I keep telling her we will have to pay about 4grand even with health insurance. She has no idea about money.

She asked me what religion I was going to christian the baby and I was like COI because I am and fiancee is catholic but I like COI and he doesn't care. She was like thank god because COI is so much better and I was really cross with her about that I nearly said I had changed my mind and he/she will be catholic!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Oh and regards to visitors I would imagine there will be loads and my mum will be over every day which is actually ok with me even though I don't really get on with her. I've said my sis can stay as long as she wants as she's really easy going and has her own car etc etc.....I'd be afraid my mum would stay and never leave. She's already hinting about moving into my fiancee's granny flat......which is now not a granny flat as he's made it part of the house.

I'm living with my Dad at the moment so she doesn't just drop in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭jennytightlips

we must be mad silly! toddlers and teenagers at the same time lol :)

• Advertisement

we must be mad silly! toddlers and teenagers at the same time lol :)
    I know! My daughter will be 11 in 2 weeks.
    She was all questions yesterday, " did you buy maternity clothes when you were having me? Did you buy pregnancy books? Did you go to antenatal classes? Cos if you didn't do those things with me then i'll be very upset because you are doing them now"

Aww Silly that's so funny!!!

I have the worse god awful cough ever the past week, i cannot shift it, going doctors today to see is there anything she recommends...

javagal wrote: »
    Aww Silly that's so funny!!!

I have the worse god awful cough ever the past week, i cannot shift it, going doctors today to see is there anything she recommends...
    I think lemon/honey and hot water is what I was told a while back by my dr.

silly wrote: »
    I think lemon/honey and hot water is what I was told a while back by my dr.
    Yeah, I've been drinking gallons of it but it seems to get worse and more phlegmy!!

any excuse to go to my gp and hear baby too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Same here - lemon and honey was all I should take (but not the fancy stuff, as it can contain harmful something or other).

If it's phlegmmy, then covering your head with a towel and breathing in steam is great for helping you get rid of it.

Girls, I just read the first page of the breastfeeding support thread over in newborns and toddlers. And to say I'm terrified is an understatement. They seemed to be all in pain, one girl thought she was going to die!!!
    I'm not sure if I can do it now.

Girls, I just read the first page of the breastfeeding support thread over in newborns and toddlers. And to say I'm terrified is an understatement. They seemed to be all in pain, one girl thought she was going to die!!!
    Course we can! We just come on here and complain to each other!
    Not lookin forward to it either but the benefits are too important to baby, and good for your health too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Also remember that usually people post when there is a problem. If someone's breast feeding away grand, they're hardly going to post about it. It's always the first two weeks where problems can be as you adjust and then it smooths out. That's what I was told by BF'ers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Ya that thread scares me too... abit like the hospital bag one! We'll be fine though honestly: and breastfeeding not for everyone either...

Argos have a up to half price sale on baby and nursery stuff for anyone buying things: they have starter bottle sets, monitors at half price (video ones and the anglecare mat one too), toys and things (and a competition to win a €1000 worth of baby stuff!).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

I know! My daughter will be 11 in 2 weeks.
    She was all questions yesterday, " did you buy maternity clothes when you were having me? Did you buy pregnancy books? Did you go to antenatal classes? Cos if you didn't do those things with me then i'll be very upset because you are doing them now"

Love how your daughter is making sure baby is not being treated any different than she was, even in the womb!
    You won't get a look in when baby's born...you should give her extra pocket money to do the night feeds ;)
    javagal wrote: »
    Yeah, I've been drinking gallons of it but it seems to get worse and more phlegmy!!

any excuse to go to my gp and hear baby too!

Hope doc can help with the cough, but I was reading the HSE no antibiotics document the other day and I was surprised by how long it takes things to clear up!

Like the other girls said, we'll all do it together. And if its not for you, its not for you!
    I feel bad because I have firmly decided that I'm only going to Bfeed for the first six weeks, but I just don't want to be one of those people who is stuck to the baby for months on end.

• Advertisement

kildareash wrote: »
    I feel bad because I have firmly decided that I'm only going to Bfeed for the first six weeks, but I just don't want to be one of those people who is stuck to the baby for months on end.
    oh if I can do it for a month I'll be happy with that! I wouldn't be very comfortable breastfeeding in public, not that I mind others doing it, just I wouldn't be able for it myself. And when I already have one child, who will be off for the summer holidays I need to be able to get out and about.

notsobusy-2nd July
    Tinkerbell4484 - 4th July - *Girl*
    Tinkerbell79 - ????
    Mamaheidi-8th July - *Girl*
    Cyning-8th July
    Javagal-9th July - *Girl*
    Kiwi2011-12th July
    Kash-13th July - *Girl*
    Nyquist Freak -14th July
    KildareAsh-15th July
    Twomums2be - 15th July *Girl*
    Silly- 18th July
    Fri.Day - 18th July - *Boy*
    Trions - 22nd July
    Saurelin- 22nd July
    March11 - 24th July
    Ginny - 25th July
    Mink- 28th July
    Jennytightlips - 29th July
    theg81der- 31st July - BOY!BOY!BOY!

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

Another boy... Yayyy congrats glider :)

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mamaheidi

Congrats theg81der! Fantastic news! And you've done your bit to balance up the boy / girl ratio :D

mamaheidi wrote: »
    Congrats theg81der! Fantastic news! And you've done your bit to balance up the boy / girl ratio :D
    Congrats !

Woohoo, another July boy! Congrats theg81der, fantastic news.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

I keep writing everyone's name wrong coz of the stupid autocorrect on my iPhone sorry girls.
    Today's name Caitlin.. What yas think of it ?

I keep writing everyone's name wrong coz of the stupid autocorrect on my iPhone sorry girls.
    Lol I was wondering!

Today's name Caitlin.. What yas think of it ?

Beautiful name Tinkerbell. I really like Irish ones aswell, my sis is gonna give me the name books she used to see if there's anything we can agree on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Wahoo another boy :) congrats!
    5 girls
    2 boys
    13 ???

Advertisement