Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pet shop in Limerick

• 02-02-2011 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

Hey guys,

Where is the best pet shop in Limerick? Want to buy some fish. I remember hearing a while back that the fish from some shops tend to last longer than those from others.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

The one on Fox's Bow

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Yep would also say Paws n Claws on Fox's Bow.

All three of the main lads there are sound, and would always recommend them to anyone looking for a pet shop in Limerick. They are probably the one shop in town that I will make the effort to go into town for each week over getting the same stuff in places that are easier for me to get to, like the two petmanias or any of the other out of town pet shops.

Kevin who used to be on Cecil street with Petcrafts and Aquatics, has a place out in the Castletroy shopping centre at the opposite end to where Superquin is. He would be worth a shout if Paws n Claws don't have what you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,667 ✭✭✭flutered

foxes bow, they have been trading in limerick for years, they were in parnell st years ago, where the fone shop is now me thinks

• Registered Users Posts: 51,111 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Not sure if it is still there but there used to be one at the corner of Catherine St/Cecil St not too far from junction where Fla's Pub is.

Used to buy all my tropical fish stuff in there years ago, they had a great selection of salt/fresh water fish downstairs in the basement.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

bazz26 wrote: »
    Not sure if it is still there but there used to be one at the corner of Catherine St/Cecil St not too far from junction where Fla's Pub is.

Used to buy all my tropical fish stuff in there years ago, they had a great selection of salt/fresh water fish downstairs in the basement.

That was Kevin's place, he is out in Castletroy now in the same centre as Superquinn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Robo_Mike

Cheers all,

Ended up going up to UnderWater World in Castletroy shopping centre.

Nice setup there, with some lovely looking fish.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Chea wrote: »
    What's the best shop for a Syrian hamster? I need a cage the hamster and everything else such as food. I have a budget of 85 euro but the cheaper the better. I've tried the Pet Supermarket by the Tipperary roundabout, Petmania by the Ballysimon Road and Pa's Pet and Grooming but none of them were great. The Pet Supermarket had fish and other aquatic creatures but nothing else other then supplies. Petmania was okay,but the cages were average and completely overpriced.. There were two Syrian hamsters available but I want a bigger selection :( Pa's Pet and Grooming had Roboroskii's available for 12 Euro but I'd definitely prefer a Syrian hamster. I'm willing to go to breeders and thanks in advance :D

Chea, stick to one thread. I'll be deleting any posts of yours that I find are off-topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Kess73 wrote: »
    Kevin who used to be on Cecil street with Petcrafts and Aquatics, has a place out in the Castletroy shopping centre at the opposite end to where Superquin is. He would be worth a shout if Paws n Claws don't have what you want.
    Just a +1 on this. When we lived in Limerick we bought 3 fish from this guy. He is a very nice bloke and knows his fish inside out.

We bought 2 goldfish and a black moor off him. They are now residing at my parents house. The black moor died there last month but the goldfish are still going strong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Jagle

= for the castletroy place, underwater world, great service, lovely fellas

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

+1 for Underwater world. Had my tank going on a month now, got some good advice from kevin. Nice selection of fish and supplies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Couldn't say enough good things about Kevin in Underwater World. Bought a small (30 litre) tank a couple of weeks ago, went back today to get my water checked and buy some fish. He was absolutely brilliant. He was telling me which fish mixed well, what ones not to get because they were agressive, to just put a few in now and more next week as it's better to introduce them gradually. He really knows his stuff and was very helpful, would definitely recommend going there.

Advertisement