Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Can you please check this slider for me?

• 13-10-2011 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

Hi there,

There appears to be some sort of distortion issue with the slider on my client's website. The website is www.tranzaura.com and for some reason some of the slides on the home page appear distorted when viewed in some browsers. See attached image.

Can you please check the website on your computer and please let me know if there is a distortion. I'd appreciate if you could vote in the poll. Note that there are 9 slides. You can scroll through them if you wish. A few computers in my clients office are experiencing the issue on their computers. And they have cleared their cache a few times. It doesn't happen on the same slide ever time either. Strange.

It's fine on my computer now after clearing the cache.

Would this be a graphics card issue? Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

Thank you

Is the slider distorted on your browser? 1 vote

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Just to clarify, is the mess on the attached image what you mean by distortion? If so then the images appear fine for me in Firefox 7, IE8 and Opera 11.51.
    There is an off-putting flash if I click through the images on that carousel thing though (not sure if you've already noticed that).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

+1 to Malice

No issue in relation to what was mentioned, but also encountered that annoying flicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Lostinspace

Thanks for your replies and to those who contributed to the poll. The issue appears to be sorted now so hopefully it won't reappear.

In relation to the flashing issue, I'll have a look and see what is causing that. Didn't really notice it too much myself while using Chrome.

Thanks for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Original issue looks more like a graphics card problem than anything else. Is it running too hot?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Lostinspace

Thanks Trojan. I don't think it is. The laptop that screen shot was taken from is only a few months old. Issue appears to be OK now.

Malice: Apologies, i didn't answer your question. Yes that mess is the distortion I'm referring to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Thanks Trojan. I don't think it is. The laptop that screen shot was taken from is only a few months old. Issue appears to be OK now.

That would make me more suspicious, not less. The age of the machine doesn't matter.

See here for more info: http://www.playtool.com/pages/artifacts/artifacts.html

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Just to satisfy my curiosity, could you reduce all the images to dimensions of less than 512x512?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

may i suggest a different or faster transition, the one right now appears to be slightly slow and because of the random position of the images and text, the effect itself comes across harsh and untidy

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭007.57

Its very distorted, im using Mac OS Lion and I'm using Firefox 7.0.1

Advertisement