Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bus to Dublin - Then on to RDS - How to?

• 27-01-2007 5:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭

If I get on a bus to Dublin, it usually stops at a stop near the centre or you can hang on and go all the way down to Busaras.

What I'm wondering is, how do I get to the RDS ?.
    Should I go back to the train station and get a Luas or how does it work exactly?.
    Any help appreciated?.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

It depends on where you are coming from, a significant detail you've omitted. Anyway, from the centre of the city there are a lot of buses that go to the RDS from the city centre. 5, 7, 7A, 8, 45, 63 and 84 being the main ones. Any bus going to Ballsbridge, which is where the RDS is, will do. Check out the Dublin Bus website for timetables for the above routes, and where you can get them. They all go from the city centre, not far from Busaras. The other alternative is to get the DART from Connolly station to Lansdowne Road station.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Flukey wrote:
    The other alternative is to get the DART from Connolly station to Lansdowne Road station.

Sandymount would be better if you're heading for RDS Simmonscourt

• Registered Users Posts: 24,949 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

TVDX wrote:
    If I get on a bus to Dublin, it usually stops at a stop near the centre or you can hang on and go all the way down to Busaras.

What I'm wondering is, how do I get to the RDS ?.
    Should I go back to the train station and get a Luas or how does it work exactly?.
    Get off near O'Connell Street if you can. Get the no. 7 bus. It stops twice in the southbound carriageway, at Frazer's in Upper O'Connell Street and at the Bank of Ireland in Lower O'Connell Street. Anglesea Road is probably the best stop to get off.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/your_journey/viewer.asp?placeName=Ballsbridge&SelectedRoute=7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

yes the no. 7 bus is the best choice, you can get it outside ulster bank opposite supermacs in o connell street southbound and get off at the horseshoe pub in ballsbridge, or as already mentioned get the dart southbound to sandymount and turn right and cross the level crossing and head to end of this road and turn right at the end where the rds will be more or less opposite

Advertisement