Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

It's that time of Year again

Options
  • 18-06-2015 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭

Preparing for my annual trip and 3 month winter stay in Japan . With the yen hovering at 139~140 to the €uro at the moment ending low toward Fridays close of business, it's very tempting to buy midweek at 140 market rate.
    Booking a return ticket found it at €685~€720 for a flight out last day of November~1st December but the only hitch... Long layover at CDG or Heathrow and I'm not paying for the VIP lounge this time which would add another €125 to hang around.

Last year I got ¥144~ the €uro on landing at HND in November.. always a gamble thinking in advance on how prices will tumble or climb .

forget that website below it's not longer there ,, forgot to remove it from my sig when posting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭shindig-jp

Well, finally got the round trip for €606 through AWL flying out in mid November, returning mid Feb. Yen looking on target to rise again in November and may hit the desired exchange rate of 140 +

I'm offering a place to stay in exchange for a little manual building work , nothing too strenuous, just a lift , carry and assist a carpenter job, some ladder work hoisting timbers .

Free lodge , buy own food . Kuki City ... 350 meters to local station... 50 minutes to Tokyo on the shonin shinjuku line.

Looks like I have my own little thread here and talking to myself again. Ticket bought again at a bargain €568.29 Via CDG my hated terminal 2 on the planet. landing Haneda on 1st September this time, returning 29 November. Exchange rate = miserably low, one day before the Brexit vote.

My little house on the Kanto Prairie

If anybody wants to see pic of inside ..let me know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭lc180

shindig-jp wrote: »
    Preparing for my annual trip and 3 month winter stay in Japan

Nice way to spend winter! How do you do with your time there?

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭minibear

I would love to see more photos. Can't see the one you put up today for some reason.

• Advertisement

lc180 wrote: »
    Nice way to spend winter! How do you do with your time there?

Learn more of the language , extending the two room house to it's limits, drinking and eating in Tsugumi Izakaya,Plus a few Snack bars, Washinomiya shrine, trying to escape the neighbours invitational parties,buying up stuff at 2nd hand stores & shipping it home. Not enough time.

minibear wrote: »
    I would love to see more photos. Can't see the one you put up today for some reason.

I'll put another one up as soon as Boards clears me to do so.
    389624.JPG

my talking WC

here's one of the galley kitchen

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Just wondering, do you own or rent the house for a few months? I like the idea of having a holiday home over there and wondering whether it's possible for a foreigner to buy property.

Just wondering, do you own or rent the house for a few months? I like the idea of having a holiday home over there and wondering whether it's possible for a foreigner to buy property.

Yes , I bought a "shed~ Garage House" and converted it to a minimalist living space. My hurdle was having a water supply .Once i jumped that "water supply" I was home and dry" What has happened to the pictures ?

Yes a foreigner can buy a place , Things are changing a little bit , Mizuho Bank have told me on my last trip (i was paying standing and usage charges , Property tax, Gas, Water,Electricity, URoad Wifi) ~standing order that I would need "A" My Number = national insurance (ID?) number or equivlent ??? to maintain a Bank Account . I might get that sorted come September and will report back .

• Advertisement

Just run this through your search engine to get a feel of the neighbourhood : "Cosmos House Kuki City"

An hour or 50 minutes to Electric city Akihabara

Advertisement