Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live at the Marquee 2015

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,802 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I'd love to go to River Dance, The Waterboys, Dara O'Briain and Status Quo. River Dance is the only one of those that I haven't seen live yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

I'd like to see Riverdance too. Never seen it live...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

No panic in getting those anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Yup, got them with no hassle....I hope they sell out!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

He didn't. Kanye West did...

I'm surprised he diden't keep that one for himself,being somewhat self regarding and all that.

• Advertisement

WOOHOO! Tickets for John Legend safely in my mitts!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Better to get tiered or standing tickets? never been to the marquee so hoping to pick some up for this

Went to see the Specials a couple of years ago. As I knew I'd be dancing, we got standing tickets. Going to see John Legend in June. It won't really be dance music, so we've got seated tickets.

I guess it depends on the band.

I got standing cos want to get as close to stage as possible ;). But if you're not bothered then seated is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭dinevalesco

Urm, Beck just added. Sensational!

• Advertisement

Thats a pretty big deal.

Ellie Goulding also. Not to my taste, but she is current and very popular.

Fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

gimmick wrote: »
    Thats a pretty big deal.

Ellie Goulding also. Not to my taste, but she is current and very popular.

Fair play.
    Two very good headliners to have added, delighted to hear

I think Ellie Goulding would be worth seeing depending on the price, she's a talented enough singer

D'Agger wrote: »

I think Ellie Goulding would be worth seeing depending on the price, she's a talented enough singer

Doesn't sound very strong live I think, don't mind her but wouldn't be bothered going to see her.

Beck after the Grammy win is a big one, and of course John Legend, Grammy and Oscar winner!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭dinevalesco

Any confirmation yet as to where this will be held this year?

D'Agger wrote: »

From entertainment.ie

Tickets for Beck are €57.15 (incl. booking fee) and on sale next Friday, March 6th; Ellie Goulding tickets are €44.05 (incl. booking fee) and on sale next Thursday, March 5th.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Beck's a fantastic addition. Best one so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,013 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Beck is some fantastic addition to it, doubt I will be able to go but hopefully it may change beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,341 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Don't tell Kanye :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

I had to Google John Legend.
    What awful drivel.
    I think, if forced at gunpoint, I'd choose Nathan Carter over that x factor type sh1te.

Im still traumatized after 10 seconds of all of me.

I know nothing about this John "Legend" but I agree that it is probably formulaic, factory produced throwaway pop where the artist and the song are discarded for the next big thing once the money is made!

For the most part, the entire music industry seems to be stuck in a rut. Most of the famous stuff in most genres from the 1990s until now is bland, formulaic and has no feeling. Boybands, girlbands, country pop, etc.

Nathan Carter is about the best and most adventurous act out there at the moment! He is certainly much better than his Irish country contemporaries which is admittedly no great task! And I would Carter before most of the other current stuff too - but I will go back in time for some real music.

John Legend formulaic pop? Total lol.

Tastes differ and all I understand but if you are going to criticise get your critique correct.

• Advertisement

I know nothing about this John "Legend" but I agree that it is probably formulaic, factory produced throwaway pop where the artist and the song are discarded for the next big thing once the money is made!

You know nothing about John Legend, but you agree his music is 'formulaic pop'? :confused:

You clearly haven't listened to his music then. Because if you had, you'd know he's an R 'n' B and soul singer...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,664 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

gimmick wrote: »
    Tickets on sale tomorrow. Ill be going for seated as the wife will recently have given birth. Where is the best area for sound?

As close to the centre as you can get and pretty close to the front.
    As long as you're not too close to back of the tent, the sound isn't bad considering it's a big tent!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,664 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Finally. An act I'd actually like to see!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

I dont know if this is really the right place to ask but..
    Myself and a friend are hoping to attend a night or 2 of the concerts held at this but are looking to stay somewhere nearby/easily accessible to the marquee.
    I tried to google myself but I cant seem to figure out where this is actually held and what accommodation is available nearby

You can stay in the City Centre. Or there's plenty of B & B's close by. What's your budget?

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭bleary

It's held close to parc ui caoimh in cork, closest hotel is the clarion or the imperial, a lot of the b&bs nearby closed in the last year or so. I know a few places in the area are on air b&b. might be worth a try. closest area would be Ballintemple.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

You can stay in the City Centre. Or there's plenty of B & B's close by. What's your budget?
    bleary wrote: »
    It's held close to parc ui caoimh in cork, closest hotel is the clarion or the imperial, a lot of the b&bs nearby closed in the last year or so. I know a few places in the area are on air b&b. might be worth a try. closest area would be Ballintemple.

Thanks for the replies guys, was thinking it was close to the city, just wasnt sure how close.

We'd be looking at the cheapest possible options really, we dont need any frills attached just somewhere that would hold us. A B&B could suit well actually

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

You know nothing about John Legend, but you agree his music is 'formulaic pop'? :confused:

You clearly haven't listened to his music then. Because if you had, you'd know he's an R 'n' B and soul singer...

That makes things different. The description from an earlier post would lead me to believe he was a typical Louis Walsh-style pop artist.

There is a lot of here today/gone tomorrow formulaic pop that is often churned out on talent shows and the like. So when you see a name of an artist come out and negative things said you assume either Louis Walsh type pop or new Irish country.

That makes things different. The description from an earlier post would lead me to believe he was a typical Louis Walsh-style pop artist.

There is a lot of here today/gone tomorrow formulaic pop that is often churned out on talent shows and the like. So when you see a name of an artist come out and negative things said you assume either Louis Walsh type pop or new Irish country.

Have a read. Think you'll find he's as far removed from Louis Walsh as it's possible to be...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,341 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

For the most part, the entire music industry seems to be stuck in a rut. Most of the famous stuff in most genres from the 1990s until now is bland, formulaic and has no feeling. Boybands, girlbands, country pop, etc.

Nathan Carter is about the best and most adventurous act out there at the moment! He is certainly much better than his Irish country contemporaries which is admittedly no great task! And I would Carter before most of the other current stuff too - but I will go back in time for some real music.

I like Nathan but he wouldn't look out of place in one of Lulu Walsh's boybands :p

Advertisement