Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Live at the Marquee 2015

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

deise_girl wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies guys, was thinking it was close to the city, just wasnt sure how close.

We'd be looking at the cheapest possible options really, we dont need any frills attached just somewhere that would hold us. A B&B could suit well actually

You can walk to the Marquee in about 15 minutes from the very centre of Patrick Street or South Mall in the city centre - taxis cost very little too as its a short route so accommodation anywhere in the city should suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,986 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Milly33 wrote: »
    is it true that they are having live at the marquee out where they have the summer show this year.. I just cant believe it, if it is true..Trust Cork to feck up the one thing that has been working great

Any more on this whether it has been moved?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

I looked at the Ticketmaster website, and AFAIK it's still on at Pairc Ui Chaoimh.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,237 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Where else is being proposed?

Curraheen was mentioned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭skaface

Any more Acts being announced this week ??

I've heard no mention of it moving to a new site in 2015.

In terms of new announcements, apparently Aiken are trying to book two more but nothing confirmed. But that will be it if they manage to get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

CHIC featuring NILE RODGERS, Friday 10 July.

Best announcement so far,

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Hi does anybody know, have the tickets for Ellie Goulding sold out? Went on ticketmaster and it said theres no tickets available. tickets just went on sale today.

• Advertisement

its ok, I rang ticketmaster, they sold out in 10 minutes.

evilivor wrote: »
    CHIC featuring NILE RODGERS, Friday 10 July.

Chic, Chic....Gotta get me a ticket!! Am I showing my age??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, July 14.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

evilivor wrote: »
    Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, July 14.

Happy days some run on tickets for that.wonder is there room for a second date to be added

• Registered Users Posts: 84,986 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

fin12 wrote: »
    its ok, I rang ticketmaster, they sold out in 10 minutes.

Wow she sold out

Any price on Noel Gallagher?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

Any price on Noel Gallagher?
    55euro i think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

55euro i think

I presume seating will be more?

I've got tickets to see Lionel Ritchie. Undecided whether to try for Chic or Riverdance. The CC's taking a beating! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Does anyone know if the Marquee is in the same spot as always this year?

Once again, I f*cking hate the lack of info available for this festival. Would a bit of presence on the Internet hurt?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭mikeym

Bacchus wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the Marquee is in the same spot as always this year?

Once again, I f*cking hate the lack of info available for this festival. Would a bit of presence on the Internet hurt?

Theres no change to the venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

We were only just talking about it, someone mentioned ages ago that it was going to be moved to where they have the Summer Festival but I heard no more.. Have'nt seen anything being set up there recently but then they are doing works down there so, maybe they will hold off till later

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

We were only just talking about it, someone mentioned ages ago that it was going to be moved to where they have the Summer Festival but I heard no more.. Have'nt seen anything being set up there recently but then they are doing works down there so, maybe they will hold off till later

This is what I heard too, but of course there is no official details to be found anywhere.

Ill let you know if I spot them setting it up... Fin keep an eye on ticketmaster bet they will release tickets again closer to the date.. They do it all the time

And we have lift off. Just got a text from a Friend saying they have started to put the marquee up at the usual spot. Thank god, I was talking to someone last night and they were full sure it was going to be ballincollig too

And we have lift off. Just got a text from a Friend saying they have started to put the marquee up at the usual spot. Thank god, I was talking to someone last night and they were full sure it was going to be ballincollig too

yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:):)

just passed it there and the big top is up, they made speedy time. Came in from the CB motors side and I must say it looks really festivalie down there, take away the JCBS.. I hope they do justice with this new plan they have for the park

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭fichillie

Anyone know what time the main act hits the stage.

I've tickets for the Frames on the Saturday. It says doors at 6.30, stage at 8pm. Presume Frames will hit the stage at 9pm? What time to the gigs tend to finish up by?

Depends on the show. I've seen main acts go on at 9 and finish by 10.30 for the most part. Sometimes 8.45 start but gigs rarely go as late as 10.45 or 11.

• Advertisement

Hi, does anybody know how you apply to get jobs at live at the marquee, like working as a steward, I know its too late this year but does anyone have an idea where you apply?

Advertisement