Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nenagh Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fries-With-That

mikemac1 wrote: »
    I think it's better known as Paddy Burke's
    Now I may be wrong with the name, not sure so I put the name that's on display on the building.
    Actually I'm kind of guessing with that name but Paddy something

Tiny pub, one of the smallest in town

It's on Sarsfield St, just up from Andy Flynns

Or another way to describe it is go to the street behind the post office and it's there

Paddy Rohans is run by a grandson of the original owner AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭gerandy

Is Figgerty's a family ran pub ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Had a walk around town yesterday evening at about quarter past 5, everywhere was closed up. Is this the norm? Thought most shops were open till 6?

Only spotted this about Aldi coming to town.
    Discount supermarket giant Aldi has submitted a planning application to carry out development at the former SuperValu store at Nenagh’s Springfort Retail Park.
    Aldi purchased the store last month as part of a new bid to open in the Stereame park, where in 2010 it was refused permission to set up in a nearby unit following an objection made by Nenagh Chamber of Commerce.

Full story - Aldi Aim to open store in Nenagh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Sunday is a day of rest ;)
    They don't stay open as late as six

Fadó Fadó when Joey O'Connor and Tommy Mulqueen owned the biggest supermarkets in town they never ever stayed open past six any day of the week
    And you went to the Parkway in Limerick on Sunday, shopping on Sunday was new

Different simpler times

Sunday is a day of rest ;)
    They don't stay open as late as six

Fadó Fadó when Joey O'Connor and Tommy Mulqueen owned the biggest supermarkets in town they never ever stayed open past six any day of the week
    And you went to the Parkway in Limerick on Sunday, shopping on Sunday was new

Different simpler times

Before my time so, I expect every shop, everywhere to open, all the time, for my convenience :D

• Advertisement

gerandy wrote: »
    Is Figgerty's a family ran pub ?

Yes
    The owners retired a few years ago and it's leased out to another family now who run it
    Excellent pub, one of the best in town
    Pool tables, great place to watch a match and a lively and mixed crowd.

Fries-With-That will be along shortly with the best info, an expert on all pub related questions :cool:

Yes
    The owners retired a few years ago and it's leased out to another family now who run it
    Excellent pub, one of the best in town
    Pool tables, great place to watch a match and a lively and mixed crowd.

Fries-With-That will be along shortly with the best info, an expert on all pub related questions :cool:

When you're good you're good :rolleyes:

Figgertys owned by the kelly family now leased and run by the same people that used to lease the yellow bridge bar on the N7 approx 10km from nenagh on the limerick side of town

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭jprboy

Looking for someone in the Nenagh area or within a reasonable distance to carry out a lawnmower service. It's a petrol push mower. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭unnameduser

jprboy wrote: »
    Looking for someone in the Nenagh area or within a reasonable distance to carry out a lawnmower service. It's a petrol push mower. Thanks.

Mike O'Grady in Ballina/Killaloe comes highly recommended. Pickup and return service.

• Advertisement

Moynans lawnmowers Kenyon St Nenagh

PJ Hynes and Sons Tullaheady Nenagh (approx 1 mile from town on the Limerick RD)

And there is a bloke named Mike Coffey not sure whereabouts he lives exactly, runs his business from home and I've heard he's a wizzard when it comes to small engines.

If you live in Nenagh ask Grainne in the Pantry restaurant for Mikes phone number (Grainne is married to Mike Coffeys brother)

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭irelandjoe

Moynans lawnmowers Kenyon St Nenagh

PJ Hynes and Sons Tullaheady Nenagh (approx 1 mile from town on the Limerick RD)

And there is a bloke named Mike Coffey not sure whereabouts he lives exactly, runs his business from home and I've heard he's a wizzard when it comes to small engines.

If you live in Nenagh ask Grainne in the Pantry restaurant for Mikes phone number (Grainne is married to Mike Coffeys brother)

You will find Mike's contact details here

http://www.gardenmachinery.ie/dealers.php?action=further&id=23

Am looking for a good ride-on and heard he is the man to talk to.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 villacud

Just collected mine after its winter service from the Husqvarna shop in Springfort Business Park. Very happy with the service and price

Best of luck to Nenagh CBS in the Harty Cup final later today (Sun Feb 26)

Is there anywhere in town or nearby that could do a motorbike service?

Have a Honda bike at home, it's not old and is in good condition but hasn't been run in over two years and needs a good thorough service

I can't think of anywhere. And I don't think I've ever seen a motorcycle dealer in Nenagh
    Bikes are not complicated like cars, an independent mechanic could probably do it but I don't know any

Thanks

Have a Honda bike at home, it's not old and is in good condition but hasn't been run in over two years and needs a good thorough service

I can't think of anywhere. And I don't think I've ever seen a motorcycle dealer in Nenagh
    Bikes are not complicated like cars, an independent mechanic could probably do it but I don't know any

Thanks

My cuz is a mechanic and works from home, can say it to him. Even if he doesn't do it, he miht know a fella. Will get on to him some part of tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 dm1388

Thanks

Hogan motorcycles out in gortlandroe, across from the gala shop I am fairly sure his name is Brian hogan

http://www.facebook.com/TippFMRadio/posts/385299994818956

This is at the proposal stage.

Looks like the depart time from Nenagh will be shortly after 6.00 am, arriving in Dublin at 8.20 and, importantly, no change in Ballybrophy.

Do you think many people will use this?

http://www.facebook.com/TippFMRadio/posts/385299994818956

This is at the proposal stage.

Looks like the depart time from Nenagh will be shortly after 6.00 am, arriving in Dublin at 8.20 and, importantly, no change in Ballybrophy.

Do you think many people will use this?

Can't imagine many people using it on a daily basis but tis great if you have an appointment, interview, heck, even to go shopping. Get up there early and back with no hassle.

Junior Minister for transport in Portroe and what the minister wants the minister gets

It's a good option to have, get you to Dublin before nine am.
    And no waiting on a godforsaken platform in Ballybrophy for your change, it's brilliant that it's direct

I wasn't even aware that our line could access the main line, I've never taken a train that I didn't have to change in Ballybrophy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭sam27

Anyone here can advise me on which mobile broadband provider is the best in Nenagh Town.

Three, Vodafone or O2?

Thanks

They all work grand

Back in the old, old days of Eircell and Esat Digifone, well Eircell always had a better reception in the area so a lot of the people who first got mobiles are still went them and now Vodafone

So I'd guess Vodafone is more popular in the area but it doesn't make a lot of difference

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Iamhere

Hello all,

Looking for a good reasonably priced (if possible) solicitor based around the Nenagh area , any thoughts?!

John Spencer in Cudville, he's good

http://www.goldenpages.ie/spencer-nenagh/1/

• Registered Users Posts: 32 radagast

Anybody know if there's a regular ladies netball team in Nenagh? My wife would like to find out and play if possible. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭mccoist

hello beginners guitarist here nenagh area
    looking for practice partner
    currently trying to play
    wish you were here
    dont look back in anger
    heartof gold
    hotel california
    that type of stuff
    one maybe two evenings a month
    or if you know of place where people get together etc

radagast wrote: »
    Anybody know if there's a regular ladies netball team in Nenagh? My wife would like to find out and play if possible. :)

I don't think there's a Netball team in Nenagh, but I would suggest that your wife should try to set one up.

I'm sure amongst the sportswomen of Nenagh that several would be interested in playing.

There are several places she could place notices asking for new members including the local paper.

Regards,

Fries.

Iamhere wrote: »
    Hello all,

Looking for a good reasonably priced (if possible) solicitor based around the Nenagh area , any thoughts?!

It depends on what you want one for,

http://www.goldenpages.ie/solicitors/nenagh-tipperary-county/

There are 12 listed on that page.

Are you looking for a particular kind of Solicitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 elizabethmary

Is there a computer repair guy/gal around town anymore? There used to be a guy down by the back of Joey O'Connors, is he still around?

Need to price a repair on my cracked laptop screen :cool:

Yep, Amárach Technologies in the Enterprise Centre (across from the mart) Local family business, all types of IT sales and support. 067 41320 Look for them on Facebook

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/MAOL-Technologies-Ltd-TA-Am%C3%A1rach-Technologies/116639729248

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 elizabethmary

Hi all, just reading through all of this thread, great to see a Nenagh one.
    Interesting to read about shopping, or lack of shopping in town. Sad to see some of the local shops closing down. I know some people say lack of parking and traffic in town put them off. But remember its up to each of us to keep the town centre alive, not depend on businesses to come in but shop local and be proud to do it. The biggest supporters of local business are other local businesses, this is easy to see at lunchtime and after 5 when those working in town get to run out to eat and shop. Each street in the town is like its own little community with all the "neighbours" being supportive of each other and almost like an extended family. Shop as local as you can, but remember to buy goods as local as you can. How many of you bought St Patricks day things made in the far east. Its great to go into Dunnes and Tesco now and see baked goods made by local producers, support these and keep families employed and in the area. We have local meat, local dairy and local veg...read the labels in the supermarket and see what you can get. And dont forget the country market each Friday morning in the New Institute and the Farmers market Saturday morning in Quentin way.

Advertisement