Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding venue in Tipp or surrounding counties

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Taceom

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I'd say your mixing it up with Galloping Hogans. Galloping Hogans was boarded up for years but it was recently renovated and has re-opened as Flanagans. (It is under new ownership) It's a fab place just beside the lake.

http://www.discoverkillaloe.com/flanagans.htm

No I know Flanagans well, and it is lovely. I will have to have a closer look in at Kincora next time I'm passing, I would have put money on it being out action for a long time. Apologies.

Was just thinking any derelict hotels in Killaloe/Ballina and maybe it is the Watermans Lodge you were thinking of. That was sold a couple of years ago but it was lying idle for a while. I believe that it has recently been converted into a nursing home.

I know the Watermans Lodge too and that is opening very soon or maybe has already opened) as respite unit for those with Alzeihmers disease.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 GirlFridayEire

I would absolutely recommend Kilcoran Lodge Hotel - I got married there two years ago and it was more than I ever expected. Jackie Mullins who still manages the hotel and organises all the weddings is absolutely fantastic - she knows every detail that needs attention and you have a fantastic relaxed day. The venue is elegant and relaxed and all my guests commented to me what a great day they had had, we were given the meeting rooms for hair and make-up and I had all the stylists etc come to the hotel so I wasn't travelling anywhere - the gardens are lovely for pictures and the road is really quiet now the new by pass has gone through . If you are looking to save money consider having the ceremony in there as well - we did and it made for a truly intimate day - the registrar was a hoot and it kept the crowd together - it drives me mad when we go to weddings and the lads run for the nearest pub as soon as the ceremony is over and then have to be dragged to the reception - this way everyone was there and the crowd mingled. Would absolutely suggest Chinese Lanterns at midnight - a great alternative to fireworks as they are much cheaper and very classy - and really good luck for the new couple - check out www.eurotrade.ie - Best of Luck

• Registered Users Posts: 15 sarahstrikes

Im from that area and Im getting married next year and I just assumed that the kincora was shut. It looks pretty bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Im from that area and Im getting married next year and I just assumed that the kincora was shut. It looks pretty bad.
    The Kincora website is active and they appear to be taking bookings.There are reviews on Trip Advisor too from people who claim to have had a wonderful experience when they stayed there last month. :confused:

http://www.kincorahall.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 sarahstrikes

:)
    The Kincora website is active and they appear to be taking bookings.There are reviews on Trip Advisor too from people who claim to have had a wonderful experience when they stayed there last month. :confused:

I actually went into the website after I posted to see and it does appear to be open but I walk past it most days on my daily walk and there is never any cars outside or lights on or doors open or anything. Now I have heard that it is seasonal but I dont remember it being open last summer.
    I will say though that in the past I have been to a few functions there and I can tell you the following.
    1)They have ran out of drink behind the bar at every one of them (and thats not down to me:))
    2)It's very hard to get a good atmosphere in the function room even with a good band as the room is L shaped.
    3) The view from the bar is fab but you wouldnt know you were anywhere near the water in the function room.
    HTH

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

:)

I will say though that in the past I have been to a few functions there and I can tell you the following.
    1)They have ran out of drink behind the bar at every one of them (and thats not down to me:))
    2)It's very hard to get a good atmosphere in the function room even with a good band as the room is L shaped.
    3) The view from the bar is fab but you wouldnt know you were anywhere near the water in the function room.
    HTH
    I agree. I've attended some weddings and functions there myself. I think the place has never really taken off and it is a great shame. The Lakeside is much better IMO. Killaloe is a truly beautiful spot, lovely for photographs - especially the Lookout :)

It certainly was shut last Sunday afternoon. I drove in just to check it for myself and everything locked up and no sign of life whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 valw151

My name is Val Westover from California and I am going to be coming to Tipperary Co. February 5th through the 12th, 2015. I will be leading a photography expedition with award winning photographer Stephanie Adriana. We will be staying at an estate near Lough Derg. We would like to offer our participants the opportunity to shadow Stephanie and I photographing a wedding. We normally charge $5K, however we would like to see if you have a wedding that we would be able to use as a showcase wedding and photograph it for free. We will include our time and all high resolution images to you and to the bride.

Please let me know if this is something that you would be interested in.

I look forward to your response,
    Val
    val at valwestover dot com

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Drop the Ball

Kincora Hall is close a few years now. The only other hotel/wedding venue in the Ballina & Killaloe area is the Lakeside Hotel across the river in Ballina Co.Tipp.

• Advertisement
Advertisement