Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Car boots & Markets

• 11-08-2014 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭

Has anyone been to the following car boot/markets?
    What are they like?

Borrisoleigh Car Boot Sale & Market

The Golden Vale, Dundrum, Co.Tipperary Car boot Sale and Indoor Market

Fethard Folk Museum Car Boot Sale

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Fethard- Last there in 1999. It was big enough then
    Borrisoleigh- Once 2013 was kinda small but good

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Xenophile

I am told that too many stolen goods eventually turn up in car boot sales.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

Xenophile wrote: »

not all car boots are full of criminals ( joke )
    you can actually find bargains at them

• Registered Users Posts: 15,720 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Had something stolen from my place and surprise surprise happened to see it for sale at someone's stall in Kilkenny Car Boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

Had something stolen from my place and surprise surprise happened to see it for sale at someone's stall in Kilkenny Car Boot.

Did you confront the seller?

• Advertisement

Help!!!! wrote: »
    Did you confront the seller?

No, figured I get no joy anyway because I don't think he was the lad that did the deed, more than likely he bought it from someone else, he is a 'regular' with an indoor stall....plus I'd be probably asked to prove if it was mine or sling my hook.

If it was a high value item I would raise a ruckus, my bad for leaving it in an unsecured shed. Did not like the idea of someone prowling around when no-one is at home, so everything is under lock and key now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Paddico

Xenophile wrote: »

God we should never ever have them then

Whatever about old dears selling a few toys and crockery...I would be wondering about the origins of the large numbers of second hand power tools fellas with large vans would be selling....lots of things tend to go 'missing' on construction sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Was in Fethard Sunday,big market but a lot of it has been taken over by tat stalls selling euro store style kids toys type stuff.

Dundrum has closed down now at least 3 weeks ago.

Advertisement